Proving

8w_gremlin

I've added a map of Proving
You can see there are names and locations on the map, if you would like pick out where the capital city is on the map, and where the Sablewood's are.

If you would also like to pick some of those other locations, or locations of where you are from, and what they are called please do so.
I know it's hard at the moment, but I'll add in a grid when I can, so please do your best, thank you.

Kurith isn't specifically from anywhere, but a high mountain called Godspeak is quite prominent in their religion. It's not quite Olympus, but it's the place where the line between the mortal world and the gods is thinnest.

I like the irony that Ellu, a sorcerer who makes things ‘splode, might be from “The Quiet Lands.” I mean, they did find it difficult to fit in there, I suppose. I’m not entirely sure where on the map that might be. His community is Wildborne, so I assume one of the forests. I’ll try to get a better look when I’m on computer instead of phone.

I like the idea that Yhen - and maybe daemon in general - are from somewhere kinda far away.

Illiat's Tower could be down south-east, that mountain surrounded by water that is almost a lake, maybe it was once an actual mountain and some catastrophic event happened in ancient times to make it look like that.

We are working for the king's sorceress, right? So, right now we are located in the capital. I think Ivy will be from the capital herself.

We can designate that city in the bay, the one with a light house, as the City of Barrow (the capital). Looks like a good place.

If I'm looking at the correct part of the map for Barrow, then maybe The Quiet Lands (Ellu's homeland) are the forest to the north of that bay. It's big enough it seems reasonable to claim it for wildborne. Additionally, there's a road to the south of that forest and a sizable river to its north, so it makes sense that a traveling "salesman" like Ellu's mentor might wander in at some point.

I want that mobile-looking pyramid to have a name even if we never see it. Sandburrow, maybe? (this lets me imagine that it not only walks, but can dig down into the desert, which tickles me). ooh, or maybe the wandering pyramid is Godspeak? The gods don't like leaving the door to their realm in one place where once someone finds it everybody's knocking at the gate. That might even play into the wanderborne theme for Kurith: since the sacred mountain could show up anywhere, devotees of it are always on the move?

Would it be cool if Ella and Verris come from the same Wildborne lands? That way we might know each other. We can either be from the same community, or from different ones that trade occasionally.

And Kurith likely passed through, too. Also, as you might have guessed, his people worship the world's equivalent of Polaris as a god of travelers and judgement. Old legends say that those who turn to banditry feel Northstar's gaze to be unusually bright and cold.

59 minutes ago, Lex Samreeth said:

And Kurith likely passed through, too. Also, as you might have guessed, his people worship the world's equivalent of Polaris as a god of travelers and judgement. Old legends say that those who turn to banditry feel Northstar's gaze to be unusually bright and cold.

Like that... Noted

Posted (edited)

Have updated the main map with a 32x32 grid system
1,1 is the top left (NW) corner, and 32, 32, is the bottom right corner (SE)

if you give me the cords of a named location you want, I'll add an icon to the map, and name it

Hope this helps.

Edited by 8w_gremlin (see edit history)

2 hours ago, solyrflair said:

Would it be cool if Ella and Verris come from the same Wildborne lands? That way we might know each other. We can either be from the same community, or from different ones that trade occasionally.

I already thought it would be cool to have a concerned parent in Verris and a kind-of-abandoned soul in Ellu having a connection, so I'm totally cool with them being from the same area. I kind of assume there are lots of different clans scattered in a forest that big, so same or close trade is fine either way. The only thing we'd probably have to work out is if Verris knows about the way Ellu was essentially "sold off" to the traveling con artist who became his mentor. I think it could work either way (I don't imagine the clan is proud of having traded away a young person for gems to make their lives less chaotic, so it could be a secret transaction Verris knows nothing about if you prefer). Because Ellu was wandering around learning the ways of chicanery from their mentor and then having said mentor carted off by a noble, I suspect they left the community several years before Verris (I debated having Ellu be Wanderborne for that reason, but decided to split the difference by keeping a Wildborne community but choosing Experiences that reflected the life of the traveling con).

Ditto it makes perfect sense if Kurith wandered through. One of the reasons I picked the spot is it looked like one of those forests folks pass near / through a lot on trade routes.

If I'm counting correctly, The Quiet Lands forest region is 16 across, 15 down.

The walking pyramid / trapped fortress of the Godspeak is on the map at 12 across, 7 down.

I think those are the only two I assigned names to.

4 hours ago, jkason said:

The Quiet Lands forest region is 16 across, 15 down.

The walking pyramid / trapped fortress of the Godspeak is on the map at 12 across, 7 down.

I'll add them to the map.