Application Questions & Answers

bwatford

I'm just slowly working through the book and making notes, is it okay if i change the character sheet template a little? Nothing dramatic, just some formatting stuff for my own ease of use? As a DM i totally understand how much easier it is if everyone has the same sheets so i thought i'd ask.

1 hour ago, Neopopulas said:

I'm just slowly working through the book and making notes, is it okay if i change the character sheet template a little? Nothing dramatic, just some formatting stuff for my own ease of use? As a DM i totally understand how much easier it is if everyone has the same sheets so i thought i'd ask.

Sure, feel free. I am sure it may need to be done for different class abilities as well.

The templates are not mandatory, they are for ease of use. Feel free to redesign, or even use your own as long as they contain all the relavant information.

So it turns out that my total nerd of a wizard has accumulated six languages and three dead languages. I've found where it mentions what the languages are in Elissar, but nothing denotes what might be a 'dead' language. So i have two questions

1. Do you have any suggested languages that would be more common or useful, ones that might be useful in the area.

2. Is there any designation for what a 'dead' language is, or is it best to simply leave them blank until it comes up in RP?

Thanks!

The keeper background states that "You may select an object, location, or creature other than yourself to serve as your charge, working with your Narrator to make sure that your choice fits well within the game." Should that be someone from the other player characters (which will require postponing some elements from my application backstory that lead to that choice until the final adventuring party is selected) or there will be an some NPC at the start of the game that I can tie parts of my background to?

7 hours ago, Neopopulas said:

So it turns out that my total nerd of a wizard has accumulated six languages and three dead languages. I've found where it mentions what the languages are in Elissar, but nothing denotes what might be a 'dead' language. So i have two questions

1. Do you have any suggested languages that would be more common or useful, ones that might be useful in the area.

2. Is there any designation for what a 'dead' language is, or is it best to simply leave them blank until it comes up in RP?

Thanks!

Most of the people in the kingdom speak the common trade tongue.

Common languages would be Dwarvish, Elvish, Giant, Gnoll, Gnomish, Goblin, Halfling, and Orc.

Uncommon Exotic languages would be Abyssal, Aquan, Auran, Infernal, Celestial, Draconic, Deep Speech, Ignan, Infernal, Primordial, Sylvan, Terran, and Undercommon.

Rare Exotic languages would be Boggard, Druidic, Giant Eagle, Giant Elk, Giant Owl, Khalkos (scent-based), Jabber, Minotaur, Mycelial, Shahuagin, Scorpionfolk, Troglodyte, Winter Wolf, Worg, and Yeti.

Elissar has many, many dead languages from so many major events in its past that destroyed entire cultures that are now lost, these have not yet been fleshed out in the setting as a whole.

Here are just a few of them Fyæsǔian, Gaunbêmish, Henmii, Iitfúian, Kpapian, Mbiksopchesian, Nemaan, Nyugníian, Papsyen, Puyäfian.

6 hours ago, Falon said:

The keeper background states that "You may select an object, location, or creature other than yourself to serve as your charge, working with your Narrator to make sure that your choice fits well within the game." Should that be someone from the other player characters (which will require postponing some elements from my application backstory that lead to that choice until the final adventuring party is selected) or there will be an some NPC at the start of the game that I can tie parts of my background to?

It depends on what you envision for the character. The game will start in the Kingdom of Endora, in the County of Holdenshire, in the small village of Hengistbury (you can read a little about it in the Lands of Elissar tab). At the very least your character should either be from there or be passing through. You could tie the feature to something there (person, place, or thing) if you like. Feel free to make it up and if selected that information will become cannon of the realm.

If you want to tie it to another player's character, then you will need their permission and would need to work together on how that would play out and be part of the story.

• 2 weeks later...

I have extended the application deadline until May 14th, as I will be out of town on vacation from May 5th - 13th, so that will give everyone an extra week to get their applications in.