Ad Listings

bwatford

Now that we have two pages of game advertisements, the games on the second page does not show up in the filter by system on the first page of results. (The categories only seem to summarize what's on the currently displayed page)

I have a Level Up game that is on the second page but Level Up does not show up in the systems when you first go to advertisements.  It does show up if you go to the second page.

Also of note, since it is a game I have been working on for a while and the game was technically created months ago.  The listing just as well be invisible as far down as the listing is with the default filter of "list by newest created"

We need a way for the system to know when the ad was started. Maybe adding an advertising start date would do it and then filter by that? Just throwing out an idea.

You show up first when sorting by Latest Activity!

Yeah, oMW sorted by when the ad was posted, which worked well all those years.

Interestingly, the side-scroller of advertising games sorts by when the ad closes, which isn't one of the sorting options when you go to the game advertisements page.

There needs to be a bit of a revamp of how ads work, generally speaking. Right now we don't keep track of when ads open, or take any sort of activity-based measure; we also don't validate there's useful content in all the fields, leading to some incomplete advertisements popping up on the list. There's also no way to distinguish "open continuous" ads, which should be prioritized differently than the time sensitive ones. And I know there's a request out there to be able to persistently filter games to particular systems of interest.

I'm not quite to the point of being able to take this on, but it is definitely on the radar screen now.

I think for the moment that just switching the default search to "latest activity" will get current active games to the top.

That also gives active games rotation as players post and games get bumped up the list.

18 hours ago, Michael Silverbane said:

Somehow, I did not even realize that there was a separate Game Advertisements listing page.

I had this problem even before the advertisement carousel was put in, on OGMW the advertisement page was on the front page so you knew if there was new ads in there, not i have to remember to check every now and then.

I did for awhile think about making it my main link to MW but i like the front page with all my games.