Tanith Camarilla

paladinred

•  

spacer.png

Tanith Camarilla

Theme: Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries Christopher Walken (1980)

These, in the day when heaven was falling, The hour when earth's foundations fled, Followed their mercenary calling And took their wages and are dead. Their shoulders held the sky suspended; They stood, and earth's foundations stay; What God abandoned, these defended, And saved the sum of things for pay.

Appearance

Although she is sometimes referred to as 'one of those bounty hunter' or 'one of those ranger folk', Tanith is not in fact a ranger. However, she is a bounty hunter for the most part. She gets grouped in with rangers by association, as she is often seen in their company, and due to the fact that she has the same fashion style. She's not seen with paladins and folk draw the correct conclusions from that.

If by chance one passes the town stables on a moonless night and comes across a hive of activity.. a company saddling horses, strapping on armor and weapons... clearly getting ready to ride out and beat the living shit out of something that urgently needs the living shit beaten out of it, chances are you'd see her right there in the middle of it, detailing this and that for the company's captain.

Personality

Tanith is, with comrades at least, courteous to a fault. If addressed she always answers and ever with due consideration. She expresses what she is feeling and speaks honestly but directly. Her friends describe her as hard core, her enemies employ fiery invective when describing her.

"Ever see a caterpillar being eaten from the inside out by the larvae of wasps. It's not something you ever forget. Just witnessing it gnaws away at one's insides. Unlife is no different. Meet a friend, eaten away from the inside, turned into a husk, a perversion and you'll understand my goals in life. Demons are no different, nothing more than walking iron maidens.. eat away at all your hopes, memories and dreams until nothing is left but pain. You can't back down from these perversions, you just can't. You have to hit them right between the eyes, drag their bodies into a pile and set it all on fire. I'm no paladin.. I'm in the extermination business and I make it pay."

Background

Tanith is from a well to do family and thus wanted for nothing. She rebelled against her family's ease, chafing under the privileges she was afforded, privileges which, to her disgust, her family took as their due. She was sent to a school for trainee elven wizards, though other similarly long lived pupils also boarded there. She switched her spiritual allegiance from elven gods to Gorum during this time, where her penchant for using her aggressive instincts, or giving in to them (take your pick) became increasingly obvious.

A firebrand through and through, she was voted 'most likely to start a major war' in her college yearbook. While other graduates went into the service of this lord or that guild, becoming courtiers, Tanith joined a group of bounty hunters, living in the wilds.. laying waste to the dreams of the vile and the venal, taking names and kicking arse. Outlaws, bereft of the law's protection, are her prey.

Three years ago after the town of Peryton was 'consumed' by a ghoul tribe, a company was formed by whispers, indeed one could only join by recommendation of a founding member. Funds were obtained in secret from members of various clergy. These 'companions' outfitted themselves for fighting ghouls and was mostly comprised of elves and half elves, on account of their immunity to the paralysing touch of ghouls. It also included other races that could see in utter darkness. The non-immune were alchemised heavily. Thus it was that on the anniversary of Peryton's consumption the company descended upon the ghouls of Peryton in silence whereupon they unleashed fire and wrath. Tanith is widely understood to have played a leading role in the eradication of the Peryton ghouls. What is less known is the treasure that lay hidden in the town, the reason for her participation.

In the two years since that time, her existence is related as rumor and conjecture.. the conjecture being that her time was spent in dark places hunting those things that hide and lurk in dark places. Her reasons for this were to rob their corpses. No-one gainsays the killing of evil things.

This remained the case until she reportedly encountered a priestess of Magdh in the manner one generally encounters such, i.e. unexpectedly and under the strangest circumstances. This priestess spoke with her at length. Tanith does not speak of whatever was related to her, but her dedication to bounty hunting foundered.

She turned all her attention to the horrors lurking in Nortonia... and slowly... and surely... she laid her plans against them, in anticipation of a big payday.

spacer.pngTanith Camarilla, Elf Wizard Evoker

AC 13/17/21 HP 38/38 Init 3

Female Elf  Wizard Evoker [B]Level[/B] 6

Init 3 HP 38/38 Speed 30' AC 13 Touch 13 Flat-footed 10 CMD 15 Fort 3 Ref 5 Will 6 CMB +2 BAB 3   
Dagger +2 (1d4-1, 19-20/x2)
Str 8 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 20 Wis 12 Cha 12

Cantrips Dancing Lights, Detect Fiendish Influence, Detect Magic, Ray of Frost

1st Mage Armour, Burning Hands 2/2, Grease, Vanish, Protection from Elements

2nd Web 2/2 Summon Swarm 2/2, Burst of Radiance

3rd Fireball (Empowered) 2/2, Sleet Storm, Haste

Wand of Shield 50/50

Wand of Sure Casting 50/50

Selective Metamagic Rod 3/3 removes 4 from AoE

Versatile Evocation 9/9 day

Temporal Points 8/8

Condition None 

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

Peyton was the birthplace of the Raven. He was, shall we say.. a bad guy, a very rich bad guy. But even bad guys love their mothers.. and she doted on him. So it was that when he was looking for a place to stash his ill gotten gains, he chose his mother's house. It was a tangled weave of circumstance that he got de-mortalized by defenestration, by which I mean he took a high dive out of a higher window, shortly before mother dearest died from ghoul fever. And so, and so... when Peyton was consumed.. the stash just lay there bereft of ownership.. pining for sticky handed rescuers.

I was buying drinks for a drunk, no-one else in the bar and I hate to drink alone when the pickled sot started ranting on about how the Raven, merciless bastard that he was, still had a mother that loved him. I was just mirroring, he said 'mother', I echoed 'mother'. He continued.. 'oh she's dead now'. I mirrored 'dead?'. 'Yeah, sure as shit, she died when Peyton got ate'. I bought another bottle and settled in for the whole tale. Takes a good mage to put it all together from fragments, but then again I am an exceedingly proficient mage.

I got in touch with some friends and we decided to go in there and lay holy waste to the place, with financial support coming from various upstanding clergymen. It was quite the party and a good time was had by all.. who survived.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)