OOC Chat

Trish_the_Nugg_Queen

Well, I suck at introduction, but here we go: Name is Harding or JF. You may use whichever, I don't mind. I'm playing rpg since I'm 10, so 29 years in total. I also do Larp since I'm 14, and I actually did medieval warfare renactment too. I use to practice a lot of combat sport, and Hema was mong them. So I guess I'm a medieval nerd with a penchant toward receiving and delivering pain. 😈

I played a couple time Deathwatch, more often out of MW but played in the past in a game GMed by Trish. Was a very fun game and she's a good DM. I wished she would pop out another game in the future, and here we are, some years later.

Happy and eager to play with you all. If you have any questions, comments or insults, please let me know. 😆

Hi there. I honestly didn't expect to be accepted into the game, so this was a pleasant surprise.

I'm a 42 year old programmer, married, and have 3 daughters ranging from 6 to 16. I love roleplaying games, but they require a time investment I can no longer afford, thus I turn to forum-based games again. I had a stint with it like 10 years ago, and now I'm back.

When it comes to Warhammer 40k, my only experience is a fairly short Deathwatch campaign with my student friends around 15 years ago. I joined late, and I don't think we had more than 5-6 sessions before the campaign ended.

Let me just express my gratefulness for introducing me to the fun lore of 30k. I expected it to be kind of dumb, and while that is often true, I was floored by how much satire the authors have put into it. History is an interest of mine, and it's fun to recognize many of the cultures, battles and whatnot the authors have taken inspiration from.

I'd also like you to know what I invite opinions and criticism on my gameplay and posts. I know I have a tendency to be a besserwisser. While I try to keep it down, please let me know when I slip up.

Edited by Ayeba (see edit history)

For the Emperor!

I suspect this experience will get me back to reading the Horus Heresy books. A herculean task I would welcome, if I could only find the spare time to accommodate such endeavors. My collection of unread HH books share the same proverbial shelf as my unpainted GW models, forever taunting me... my own Poesque raven.

I'm an avid RPGer who enjoys exploring different types of gaming systems and formats. Recently, I ran/played two games of Play-by-Post (using MW).

• Dialect (with 5 players): 174 posts in total over the course of 30 days; just shy of 6 posts a day.
  • Alice is Missing (with 5 players): 107 posts in total over the course of 11 days; just shy of 10 posts a day.

RPGs: Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) 3.5 and 5e; West Coast Supers; 7th Sea; Firefly; Eclipse Phase; Call of Cthulhu; Star Trek Adventures; Colonial Gothic; Through the Breach; Witchcraft; Apocalypse World; AD&D: Spelljammer; Savage World; Monsterhearts; Everyone is John; Torg Eternity; The Sprawl; Mouse Guard; Top Secret; The Black Hack; Annalise; (5e) Adventures in Middle-Earth; World of Dungeons; Torchbearer; The Mountain Witch; Monster of the Week; Capers; Fuel Priest; (Forged in the Dark) Scum and Villainy; Paleomythic; The One Ring; Alien; Urban Shadows; Last Unicorn Games’ Star Trek; Monsterhearts 2; Chuubo’s Marvelous Wish Granting Engine; Microscope; Goblin Quest; Paranoia; The Fight Before Christmas; Alice is Missing; Lost Roads; Night Witches; (5e) Hellboy: The RPG; The Quiet Year; Secrets of the Vibrant Isle; Kids on Bikes; One Last Dungeon; Wanderhome; Vampire: The Masquerade V5; Trail of Cthulhu; Bluebeard’s Bride; Blood Sword: The Battlepits of Krarth; Dialect; Critical Core; Adventure!; Warhammer Fantasy Role Play; Honey Heist; Starfinder; Jim Henson’s Labyrinth; Icarus; Root: The RPG; Marvel Multiverse RPG. 

No doubt a dizzying list to rival the very heights of the Imperial Palace.

Edited by IndyKophen (see edit history)

Hey Everyone,

I'm a 41 year old programmer with 2 kids; 3 and 5. I started at the tail end of 2nd Edition D&D, transitioned fairly quickly to 3rd and finally 3.5. During that time we also had campaigns for Vampire the Dark Age and WHFRP 1 and 2. When Dark Heresy came out I quickly set-up a game for that and have dabbled in a few others: Rogue Trader, Numenera, Mongoose Traveller. I GM'ed a good campaign for FFG Edge of the Empire and I made a Dark Sun adaptation for Genesys. The game I ran for that was quite fun, but I had to wrap that one early due to lack of sleep and time after my youngest was born. A friend started a D&D game two years ago which we still run bi-weekly, sort-of.

While I have played some PbP campaigns on RPoL, I have had only a short stint of a campaign here on Myth-Weavers a few years ago, which died out quickly. So I am probably filled with wrong habits and knowledge on how things work around here. Apologies in advance ;-).

I think I do a decent job hiding the fact that I'm a non-native speaker (Dutch), but it does mean I often need a bit more time to write my posts. Then again, since I haven't played PbP in my native language, it could be just me instead of a language barrier1.

While I'm not overly knowledgeable in 40k, I know my way around the setting. I have read mostly the lower-power level stuff, (some Eisenhorn, love Caphias Cain and just read Scars for 'research' purposes.) and as stated above, I have GM'ed both DH and RT so I have a decent knowledge of the system. Then again I have a sincere lack of Pre-Heresy knowledge, which means I will be pleasantly surprised by everything.

That all said, let me add to the sentiment that if you have comments, suggestions or criticisms, don't be a stranger and let me know.

1) fun fact: in our home games we use dutch for (both game and non-game related) ooc talk, and use English for in-game conversations.

Howdy everyone!

Despite the age of my account, this is my first ever game on this platform, although I have played with Trish before in an RT game that she has GM'd that we're nearly(?) finished with. She's always been trying to get me to play in more of her RPGs since I've known her but has finally managed to bully convince (😜) me into doing so. While I haven't played a PbP sort of RPG in...wow, nearly two decades, going way back to Gamespy forum RPGs, I'm a fairly experienced roleplayer, especially so more actively over the last 5 years.

I'm reasonably knowledgeable about Warhammer, albeit much less so about 30k and the Horus Heresy setting. Never read any of the books, although I do have the first HH novel collecting dust on my shelf. Before the previously aforementioned RT game, my only experience with the setting came from video games such as Dawn of War, so I am quite excited to try this unique pre-Heresy DW game.

IRL I work in software development as a QA, so programmers beware! All jokes aside, I'm a very easy-going person and likewise extend the invitation to comment, critique, suggest or otherwise engage with me. I'm looking forward to playing with you all!

Looking forward to playing with y'all!

I've been playing on Mythweavers for a few years now in a little bit of everything - I like to try out new systems, see how they tick and all that.

I consider myself a fan of 40k, though admittedly haven't started the Horus Heresy books either (big series, won't deny that). I'm currently working my way through the Eisenhorn books as well, and have the Ravenor series locked and loaded after that. Thinking Soul Drinkers or Word Bearers after that.

Truth be told Warhammer Fantasy were the books I read far more of: Gotrek & Felix, Chronicles of Malus Darkblade, the Sundering and the like.

IRL I work in customer service. Nothing fancy, but pays the bills without eating too much of my time.

Well, I'm also considering myself a Warhammer 40k fan too. While I don't have an army (but played quite a lot in the beginning of adulthood), I posses many lore books and video games in the setting (recent acquisitions are Dark Tide, Chaos gate and Rouge Trader). My favorite Space Marine chapter is Salamander, though I'm really sucker for the Raven Guards and the Imperial Fists too.

I also recently started figures collection (Joytoy brand). Only 4 so far, but I'm buying like 1 every months to the great dismay of my wife. She have her false nails, I can have my damn grown up toys. ;)

Edited by Harding (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Well I suppose I should do one of these myself, I'm Trish, or Nuggs, whichever you'd prefer. I'm in my late 20s, from Australia. I've been into TTRPGs since picking up D&D 4e in high school, back in 2012, and I've been into 40k since 2017 when the Games Workshop spruiker at my local comic-con convinced me into impulse buying a Death Guard army lmao

I'll admit I'm no lore expert myself, particularly not on 30k, but I'd say I still know more of the 30k lore than the average of this group, so that should serve us fine.

I tend to be a forever-GM, partly because I'm usually roping friends into games they've never played before so I default to running it since I'm the most knowledgeable on the system, and partly because I'm a control freak who gets a kick out of planning campaigns (many of which don't even see the light of day). In the past I've mostly played/run D&D 5e, Vampire the Masquerade 5e, Rogue Trader, Only War, and Deathwatch, and I've also played a little of Call of Cthulhu.

I mostly run my games through play-by-post, partly because I play with a lot of international folks and Australia's timezones just line up really badly for being online at the same time as other people, and partly because I have some minor speech issues and just find it easier to type than to try to keep people's attention at a table while I'm mumbling & stuttering 🙃

Edited by Trish_the_Nugg_Queen (see edit history)

Wow, didn´t think we´d be this many players. This is going to be fun :)

Myself, I´m 37 years old from Sweden, working as a software engineer and have been interested in gaming, rpgs, scifi and fantasy since I was like 12. I have the most experience with the Star Wars Saga Edition RPG, though I have tried some other systems as well. Not super familiar with 40k, but getting into it more and more, and enjoying it. I´m currently playing Baldurs Gate 3, but once I´m done with that, I´m all set up for a massive 40k game spree - Chaos Gate, Inquisitor: Martyr and Rogue Trader.

I´ve been on MW for a while, being active on and off, occasionally trying to run my own games, and before I got here I played on a site that was more dedicated to SW Saga Edition games. I´d consider myself a pretty experienced player, not so experienced as a GM, but I´m planning on trying to run another SW game once I get the forum set up properly. Also, once I feel like I´ve gotten a better grasp of the 40k universe I´ve been feeling like I could consider running a Dark Heresy game.

@Trish_the_Nugg_Queen I really appreciate forever-GMs like you. There's usually a lot more players than GMs.

I have GMed a fair deal myself, but I am always humbled when I get to play with other, better GMs. As for what makes a 'better' GM? It's obviously highly subjective, but I try to observe what I personally like when I play with others and incorporate part of that into my own game.

As a concrete example, I am trying to be more welcoming when players come up with weird and unconventional plans with low chance of success. Rather than point out everything that can go wrong, I try to be accommodating and give them a fair chance of success if it sounds like it'll be a fun player (and GM) experience. I used to be quite the stick in the mud when it came to unorthodox approaches.

Can you ping us when you open a new thread? I'm relying on my notification feed to let me know when something happens.

@8bitWizard@Ayeba@DarthAnthrax@Harding@IndyKophen@luctius@Maester1216

Not sure if there's a better way to ping everyone, and I promise I won't overuse it, but the roleplay channel is officially live! I wanted to give everyone a bit of time to interact in-character before we jump into mission briefs and action and all the rest of it. I find, for myself at least, it can take a bit of time to actually get a feel for playing a character beyond just writing up the sheet, so I like giving these opportunities for RP rather than just starting things off with "you step out of the drop pod, there are orks, shoot them"

36 minutes ago, Trish_the_Nugg_Queen said:

@8bitWizard@Ayeba@DarthAnthrax@Harding@IndyKophen@luctius@Maester1216

Not sure if there's a better way to ping everyone, and I promise I won't overuse it, but the roleplay channel is officially live! I wanted to give everyone a bit of time to interact in-character before we jump into mission briefs and action and all the rest of it. I find, for myself at least, it can take a bit of time to actually get a feel for playing a character beyond just writing up the sheet, so I like giving these opportunities for RP rather than just starting things off with "you step out of the drop pod, there are orks, shoot them"

Can I ask for a bit of background information first? At this point in the setting, are the chapters generally getting along well with one another? I'm sure there are exceptions, but for those that do not have direct experience fighting with (or competing against) each other. I.e. Would your average space marine view members of the other chapters as allies first, or perhaps more like competition? I'm inexperienced when it comes to the setting. Would it for example be out of place to suggest a drink together after the orders are completed?

Space Marines don't really drink per say, as their bodies are all but immune to alcohol. Except for the Space Wolves, who straight up made liquor for Astartes (which is by turns lethal to normal humans).

For the sake of those present, our individual legions I believe are on good terms? I know Corvus Corax and Horus don't get along, but generally speaking I'd say friendly competition/cousins?

7 minutes ago, Maester1216 said:

Space Marines don't really drink per say, as their bodies are all but immune to alcohol. Except for the Space Wolves, who straight up made liquor for Astartes (which is by turns lethal to normal humans).

For the sake of those present, our individual legions I believe are on good terms? I know Corvus Corax and Horus don't get along, but generally speaking I'd say friendly competition/cousins?

Useful to know. Since drinking is not a thing, are there other activities that space marines can bond over? Physical activities like grappling? Games of chance? Attend sermons?

Again, sorry for the noob questions.