Character Creation Info

bloodsprite

8 hours ago, parody said:

Combat Stamina - allowed? feat access? fighters only feat access? or fighters get it for free?

if you find something on this feat chain that doesn't exist elsewhere better I will work with you

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Trigun said:

I don't think it's been asked. But are you using the Hero Points system for this or not?

Using Harrow Points (which is largely similar I believe), but that does not matter at creation

Edited by bloodsprite (see edit history)

How exactly does spending background traits for Race Points work? Like... are we able to just drop abilities from a race that's listed as more than 10 RP to get under the cap? If we play a race with more than 10 RP and burn a background trait for 10 RP, are we able to buy the race up to 20 RP?

I'll admit, this is the first time I've seen this in a game, so just a little curious. The kinda grimey, dirty feel of the Shingles seems perfect for a Tengu, even if Korvosa is clearly VERY human-centric.

6 hours ago, Angelic Crux said:

How exactly does spending background traits for Race Points work? Like... are we able to just drop abilities from a race that's listed as more than 10 RP to get under the cap? If we play a race with more than 10 RP and burn a background trait for 10 RP, are we able to buy the race up to 20 RP?

I'll admit, this is the first time I've seen this in a game, so just a little curious. The kinda grimey, dirty feel of the Shingles seems perfect for a Tengu, even if Korvosa is clearly VERY human-centric.

There is a non RP Tengu Version here https://www.aonprd.com/RacesDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Tengu I didn't read closely but seems same? So you don't have to go RP route, and use up a background trait.

But if you want to add a bunch of stuff start with the RP version, so one Background trait gets you 7 more RP to play with.

Hrrrrm!!!

Lemme finish out Emmelyn (I've got a particular love for city-books in Pathfinder and the Korvosa one got me inspired.) I'll admit, MECHANICALLY, I think I can probably make a more effective tengu...

I might be the worst kind of person and end up posting a second character after I finish Emmelyn's stats. I've never actually played a witch, but I noticed Cackle-spam and it made me want to try playing a SUPER group-buff kinda build. Feel free to tell me to axe one, but... I just gotta write (and try to make mechanically cracked out characters). It's my vice.

So I am not sure I am understanding this background trait/feat optional ruling that is being used here.

From what I gather, we as players, get 2 background traits and can take a Drawback for another trait as per usual.

As an alternative, we can spend 2 of those allotted background traits for 1 feat off the list (Or spend 1 feat to get 2 background traits.)

Close. For the alternative, the Feats on the list can be purchased for a single trait. Other Feats can be gained from spending two Traits (and one feat slot can be used to purchase two traits).

2 hours ago, Whitehart09 said:

So I am not sure I am understanding this background trait/feat optional ruling that is being used here.

From what I gather, we as players, get 2 background traits and can take a Drawback for another trait as per usual.

As an alternative, we can spend 2 of those allotted background traits for 1 feat off the list (Or spend 1 feat to get 2 background traits.)

Have you heard of the community invented 'elephant in room' rules? I took the feats those rules made free (or bundled) and instead made them instead cost 1/2 a feat aka a Background Trait

I totally see now. I am very familiar with Elephant in the Room but your alternative, which is a good way to do it, was just one of those things I needed to wrap my head around. Lol.

Consider my brain wrapped 😁

6 hours ago, Whitehart09 said:

I totally see now. I am very familiar with Elephant in the Room but your alternative, which is a good way to do it, was just one of those things I needed to wrap my head around. Lol.

Consider my brain wrapped 😁

I like elephant in room as player but as GM I needed to tamp it down so not tooo overpowered; want there to be a combo or two at level 1, but still have something to work towards.

@bloodsprite So, I tossed a couple of the alternate racial features on my undine submission to make the 10rp. They're water focused of course as she's an undine, lol. I wove everything into her background including the campaign trait and a disadvantage I gave her as well, intertwined with her history.

Do you care if I fluff her leather armor as eel skin? Its actually listed as a special material which a level 1 character clearly couldn't afford but for fluff / thematic reasons I wanted her to have a suit of leather crafted from eel skin. So no mechanical benefits at all.