OOC Chat: Chapter 1 - As Above, So Below

bwatford

1 hour ago, Ayeba said:

Is that similar to a portent roll for a diviner? You can use it to demonstrate flawless knowledge of a subject, impressing Question, Zelda and Deidre.

Yup, but you can also apply it to attack rolls and saving throws...the ultimate "I knew that was coming"!

9 hours ago, Ayeba said:

@Harding, I'll be honest... I don't get what Deidre is trying to say here. This sounds like a PR manager doing his best to confuse stakeholders.

I'm not sure how to react. Do I roleplay that she doesn't understand it, or that she gets it and answers in just as obtuse fashion?

Ah, it seems my analogy might have been a tad too cryptic. Allow me to clarify. Think of it like this: just as a skilled artisan selects the finest tools for a particular task, a leader should also be treated like one to achieve success. If one tool proves ineffective, it's only logical to try another until the desired outcome is achieved. In essence, it's all about adaptability and resource optimization. D Deidre tried to use a more cartesian speech to sway the opinion of Question, but only managed to be cryptic and a tad cringy it seems lol. The interpretation is up to you.

Edited by Harding (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Harding said:

Ah, it seems my analogy might have been a tad too cryptic. Allow me to clarify. Think of it like this: just as a skilled artisan selects the finest tools for a particular task, a leader should also be treated like one to achieve success. If one tool proves ineffective, it's only logical to try another until the desired outcome is achieved. In essence, it's all about adaptability and resource optimization. D Deidre tried to use a more cartesian speech to sway the opinion of Question, but only managed to be cryptic and a tad cringy it seems lol. The interpretation is up to you.

"Pick the best tool for the job and consider everyone's skills" lol. It fits so well for Deirdre to talk about that as an overly verbose scientific analysis. Similar to PR except that Deirdre isn't trying to obfuscate anything, she just thinks funny. :P

11 minutes ago, MysteriousMiller said:

@bwatford Noodles will climb, but if a roll is needed, I'd like to use my Prescience (a lucky roll of 20)...let's hope that I don't need it later

Note that for me in your mechanics spoiler.

I think I got a bit carried away there with the descriptive writing. Please let me know if it is too much, and I will tone it down. There was just a lot to cover in that post.

Feedback is always appreciated.

3 hours ago, bwatford said:

I think I got a bit carried away there with the descriptive writing. Please let me know if it is too much, and I will tone it down. There was just a lot to cover in that post.

Feedback is always appreciated.

Long, but bloody lovely... I wish I was there to see it in person!

@scootloops I'm not sure which alternative you voted for? Only that you didn't want to haul everything up tonight.

I'd appreciate if everyone is super clear which alternative they prefer, so we can reach a decision fairly quickly. Also let us know if you have no opinion, so we're not waiting for anyone.

2 hours ago, Ayeba said:

@scootloops I'm not sure which alternative you voted for? Only that you didn't want to haul everything up tonight.

I'd appreciate if everyone is super clear which alternative they prefer, so we can reach a decision fairly quickly. Also let us know if you have no opinion, so we're not waiting for anyone.

I wasn't technically voting for one so much as putting ideas out there. Tab's main concern is the extra effort with taking all our supplies up there, and having to bring it all back down if the doorway evades us or proves a fools errand.

@scootloops You talk about the need to haul up things, but what are those things? Deidre has a bag of holding. Can't you just jam all of it in there? What is there to haul up, then, apart from our backpacks and ourselves?

Sanaa has about 150lbs of extra food, water, and tools strapped to her, that’s what I’m talking about. Honestly though, it might be more of a flavor problem than a mechanical problem, depends on the GM

20 minutes ago, scootloops said:

Sanaa has about 150lbs of extra food, water, and tools strapped to her, that’s what I’m talking about. Honestly though, it might be more of a flavor problem than a mechanical problem, depends on the GM

I'm not sure we ever worked out if Sanaa can even fit in the hut with everyone anyway as she is large sized.

Nine creatures of Medium size or smaller can fit inside the dome with you. The spell fails if its area includes a larger creature or more than nine creatures.

14 minutes ago, bwatford said:

I'm not sure we ever worked out if Sanaa can even fit in the hut with everyone anyway as she is large sized.

Nine creatures of Medium size or smaller can fit inside the dome with you. The spell fails if its area includes a larger creature or more than nine creatures.

Sounds like she's staying outside or in your pocket dimension, then.

From the compendium:

This bag has an interior space considerably larger than its outside dimensions, roughly 2 feet in diameter at the mouth and 4 feet deep. The bag can hold up to 500 pounds, not exceeding a volume of 64 cubic feet. The bag weighs 15 pounds, regardless of its contents. Retrieving an item from the bag requires an action.

So you can put all the stuff inside and not worry about the hauling.