Request a Game!

Gregorotto

spacer.png

So you want someone to run a specific game for you....

In the old incarnation of MW, we had a thread where people could suggest certain games: specific scenarios, series, storylines, seasons, or books. In the spirit of the ancients, let's do the same here, but let's lay down some ground rules.

• Bear in mind that under no circumstances is anyone obliged to fulfill your request: we're a community of volunteers, both players and DMs, and a request is merely that.
  • State what you want to run, and why: "I like Descent into Avernus, someone run that in ALG rules" is fine and good, but there's a million ways to run a scenario. If you don't feel comfortable telling the DM how to do their job, that's one thing, but if you feel passionate enough to request something, you should have a reason why.
  • Links are useful things! If you're linking to a specific scenario, or scenario series, link to it on the DM's Guild or AL website. Help your prospective DMs out, and we might be more willing to run the games for you, given how much work a game is for DMs. Naturally if it's a hardcover or a whole season, you have some grace here. As an alternative, if you've found reviews for works, or storyline breakdowns that might be useful for the DM, supply them: for example, Baldman Games has a lot of resources for DMs for their Moonshae games, and similar things are super helpful for DMs.
  • Keep in mind current Season rules! Not all games were published with the same rules in mind, and some adaptation will be required; fortunately, there are guides for official AL stuff, so that can be helpful.

If you feel like you might need it, here's a nifty template you can use! All of it is optional.

What are you wanting someone to run? Name the game/series/whatever here.
What Tier is this? Tier-1 covers levels 1-4, Tier-2 5-10, Tier-3 11-16, Tier-4 is 17+.
What draws you to this adventure? As concise or long as you need.
What are your expectations for how long this will last? While many might feel reserved here, transparency is also helpful to some DMs: are you wanting just a single scenario, a whole hardcover, or just interested in seeing where things go?
What kind of character are you planning on running? Might help other prospective players.

May you roll a Nat 20 on your Persuasion!

spacer.png

Edited by Gregorotto (see edit history)

Putting in my formal request for some of the tier 1 season 3 adventures.

What are you wanting someone to run? DDEX3-10 Quelling the Horde, DDEX3-12 Hillsfar Reclaimed, and DDEX3-14 Death on the Wall
What Tier is this? Tier-1
What draws you to this adventure? I was captivated by this storyline when I played it on the old site but was never able to finish it. My character has been waiting around for the opportunity since then.
What are your expectations for how long this will last? Just these three adventures to complete the storyline but I would not be opposed to continuing on to tier 2 with CCC-BMG-10/HILL1-1 Arrival, CCC-BMG-11/HILL1-2 Exodus, and CCC-BMG-12/HILL1-3 Resurgence
What kind of character are you planning on running? I have a Rogue/Soulknife waiting at level 3

Edited by TricksterArcane (see edit history)

Posting this here as well, I have tentative interest but I need to see what my workload on-site might be after Vecna: Eve of Ruin drops on Tuesday.

I would very much like to attempt Curse of Strahd again; I've only once been in a game outside of the Adventurer's League. While I do not want to do the prologue in the theatre again, I am still wonder what that weird house was about.

• What are you wanting someone to run?
    Curse of Strahd, DDAL04. Personally I'd prefer starting with DDAL04-02, but I wouldn't mind doing DDAL04-01 again. There is a bundle for everything on the DMsguild for $28.72: DDAL04 Curse of Strahd (5e) [BUNDLE] - Wizards of the Coast | Ravenloft | Dungeon Masters Guild (dmsguild.com)
  • What Tier is this?
    Tier 1 to begin with. Afaik up to tier 3 if all goes well.
  • What draws you to this adventure?
    It's romantic horror with a good bit of mystery. When Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft out I was totally taken in by Mist Walkers, but when I then played the first adventure, I found it disappointing.
    Then I played the first into Curse of Strahd and was completely blown away. It was engaging, I needed to know what was really going on, I needed to know what that house with the weird kid was about, but it never came to that. The writers weren't just ticking boxes of things to display, there was a real story in all this! The entire setting was actually scary! The heart bleeding goth melodrama and the romantic aspects in it are just as much fun as the horror and mystery.
  • What are your expectations for how long this will last?
    A couple of months, maybe a year for a module. For the whole game? Well, depends on which post rate eventually crystallises. Long running games rarely have and average posting rate of more than 1 cycle per week. Five years if an average of 1 full cycles / week can on average be maintained. That rarely happens, though, so probably longer.
  • What kind of character are you planning on running?
    In such adventures I try to play grounded characters, inspired by Mina or Jonathan Harker in Dracula, and I try to give them a Victorian spin. Horror stories are undermined by characters to which the scenario is mundane.

If we skip the first adventure and find an alternative way to relate the relevant information, it may be feasible to use characters from Raveloft, rather than the Forgotten Realms. In which case I might revive this character and streamline her messy story a bit... Isabella Zetnisca but that may lead to problems. I created her as linked to the story of Strahd, Tatyana and Sergei, as presented in VRGtR, as fourth in the triangle (i.e. as Sergei's scorned ex).

Looking over the backlist, of existing Adventurer's League characters, the most fitting ones would be [Eberron] Kiana d'Medani, Half-Elf Monk, a housewife and wallflower, finally ready to face the big wide world, if Eberron characters were an option. There is nothing that really speaks against Gweneira of Serenir.

The best solution is to adapt the character I created for Curse of Strahd: Mira Graves, a cleric of Mystra, whom I represented as a bard, rather than cleric, I'd have to start from level one in that case, because that's not adventurer's league.

It depends a little on what other players are playing. If another player plays a tanarukk with Int 6 and a comedically oversized warhammer, I might as well use Elusya Eventide, even though she is a bit of an over-the-top character, the daughter of two monsters, has some monsterous appeal herself, and is the granddaughter a Princess of Hell.

Erm, sorry, I got this confused. I thought the Hardcover and the individual modules were the same thing. In case of doubt, I do mean the Hardcover, which I suppose I have been playing here:

Prologue - Dance Within The Mist - Myth-Weavers Lethe

Chapter 1 - A Land Forgotten by Time - Myth-Weavers Lethe

I may have linked the wrong stuff because I didn't know the difference.

What are you wanting someone to run?

Dragonlance: Shadow of the Dragon Queen

What Tier is this?

The module runs from Tiers 1-3 (levels 1-15).

What draws you to this adventure?

I’m currently running it, here on MW, and I’d like to play in it. I really like the setting, and I like that it’s much more mechanically harsh and very unambiguous in who you have to fight and what happens if you don’t. Not a lot of morally grey area, and that for me is a good thing.

What are your expectations for how long this will last?

I would prefer it to be run as close as possible to the module without changes that aren’t necessary for the sake of functionality or responding to player choices. But that’s about it. I don’t know how long that will take, but my group’s been playing for a year and we just finished with Wheelwatch Outpost.

What kind of character are you planning on running?

Hoping to play a cleric of Mishakal or maybe a paladin—it’s been a while since I’ve played either class.

21 minutes ago, Kamishiro_Rin said:

What are you wanting someone to run?

Dragonlance: Shadow of the Dragon Queen

I could imagine doing that, but it will take 2 - 3 weeks to read into this and prepare myself; I am not familiar with the setting, but very curious.

So, if anybody else feels like: "Yes, I want to be those arrogant little upstarts' doom and torment them with my wicked schemes! Muahahaha!" Please, do go ahead, in case of doubt I'll just start another group.

3 minutes ago, TricksterArcane said:

Not officially, but there is a pretty comprehensive fan maintained list.

That is by far the most helpful post I've seen in a while. 💖

It even lists the legal third party adventures in the final tab! No more staring at the dmsguild and guessing what, whether I can use and how it relates to other stuff!

20 hours ago, Feuerrabe said:

I could imagine doing that, but it will take 2 - 3 weeks to read into this and prepare myself; I am not familiar with the setting, but very curious.

So, if anybody else feels like: "Yes, I want to be those arrogant little upstarts' doom and torment them with my wicked schemes! Muahahaha!" Please, do go ahead, in case of doubt I'll just start another group.

I eagerly await the chance with baited breath! But seriously, I'mma start thinking up a good character, now!