The Virtual Tavern

Eric

Hail & well met!  Fair warning this is my first time doing anything with Baldur so kindly forgive any formatting mishaps.

Gotta say, I'm curious as to how we'll end up spinning the origins of this group - two human clerics, an elf and three (!) dwarves.  This is either a fairy tale or the start of a campaign to retake Moria . . .

And to kick things off with party business: speaking as someone who rolled pretty dang well for starting gold, any interest or chance for the group to offer up a collection to our less equipped fellows prior to heading out of Threshold?

10 hours ago, Cirlot said:

Fair warning this is my first time doing anything with Baldur

It's my first game here, too! So I'll get to practice what I've been preaching...

10 hours ago, Cirlot said:

This is either a fairy tale or the start of a campaign to retake Moria

image.png.c6d69b0d2c40b9954d2b1c8810d8bfec.png

Hail, and well met all!

@Eric, thanks for inviting my particular brand of crazy to play along in this one!  Looking forward to some real old-school shenanigans!

@Cirlot, I don't have much in the way of starting gold left (6, truth be told), but if we are going to pool resources to help the poor in the party, I'll donate what little I have!

Edited by Scarecrow71 (see edit history)

I'd be reluctant for everyone to start completely tapped - tho it would be VERY old skool to blow all our gold before the dungeon, come out with nothing but a handful of silver to show for it and end up starving to death outside the town gate - but I think we could probably stretch the budget to get Astrid some, y'know, armor.

That is assuming you want to her have some, @Powderhorn?  It occurs I've meddled a bit without asking first (sorry! 😕), and thinking on it unencumbered Astrid outpaces the lot of us chain & platemail types by a fair bit.  She might just be the last one standing on account of being faster than the metaphorical bear given that's the case.

If you ARE inclined, Tala can throw 10 gp to the cause and still have a reserve for food.  Another 10 gp is all we'd need to cover a suit of Leather Armor which would still leave Astrid faster than the party but slightly better defended.  I don't know if there's enough loose coin to cover an upgrade to chain, unfortunately.

Edited by Cirlot (see edit history)

we will have plenty of gold when we can sell the personal effects of dead player characters successfully loot dungeons and monsters!

ahhhh I didn't realize we were waiting for everyone to check in

Edited by matt_s
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (see edit history)