The Virtual Tavern

Eric

56 minutes ago, Eric said:

@hoverfrogI'm going to guess you didn't mean to post a duplicate, so perhaps something went wrong on the Baldr side?

Weird. I edited it to say something completely different. I can only assume that I didn't save it.

Let me edit it so it at least makes some sense.

Edited by hoverfrog (see edit history)

I can't read "The Wizard's Walk" without hearing the opening to Stayin' Alive.

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk
I'm a magic man, no time to talk
Spells writ tight, alembics warm, I've been in the books
Since I was born
And now it's alright, it's okay
And you may look the other way
We can try to understand
The cosmic ethers' effect on man

Busy weekend with 2 young uns at the house.  I rarely get a moment to myself.  Going to add my response in Chapter 1 tomorrow since I'm not holding anyone up.  But I feel a bit seen in that last post.   I am honestly debating what reaction would be in character for this new character.   I know feeling so seen would put him on the teetering edge.

Clerics and thieves - well, presumptive thieves anyway - what can you do? The one's got eyes like a hawk and the other's got cunning like a fox.  I'm sure this is just the beginnings of a beautiful friendship .  . .

Watching You Eyes On You GIF - Watching You Eyes On You Avatar Legend Of Korra GIFs 

One thought that might be worth throwing out there; if Red is actually a legit guild thief he might be aware of Tala's not inconsiderable gambling debts: I imagine the local guild has been informed of her by now if only to keep an eye out for an opportunity to collect.  It might not exactly be relevant in the short term given the bushwhacking Tala just tried to pull but it could lay the groundwork for a bit more parity in the future.

Edited by Cirlot (see edit history)

I haven't seen any Legend of Korra yet is it worth a watch?   Interesting side note about the gambling debts but Golon is not in any guild as of yet.   He is basically a troublemaking young adult who is out of coin and willing to do anything to get some more if it means not going back to his Dad's farm a failure.  He is a cheat and a bit of pickpocket at this point.   He would swindle the party of gold through a con more likely then run off with their purses though.  Everything is a calculation of risk versus reward.  I don't know that he views himself as a thief at this point.   He's just doing what it takes to stay in coin.  Sure he snatched a few purses from some drunk patrons of different establishments but that was a valuable life lesson on the virtues of sobriety.   Well paid for and well taught.  

Edited by LarsWester (see edit history)

On 10/5/2022 at 1:59 PM, Eric said:

@hoverfrogI'm going to guess you didn't mean to post a duplicate, so perhaps something went wrong on the Baldr side?

It just did it again. I'll keep an eye on it to see if there's a pattern. Maybe when I quote from one page to another page that already has posts on. Fortunately, this time I noticed it.

17 hours ago, LarsWester said:

I haven't seen any Legend of Korra yet is it worth a watch?

Personally, I didn't care for it nearly as much as the original. The characters and their struggles never quite matched the gravitas of what I'd wanted from a successor to The Last Airbender.

17 hours ago, LarsWester said:

Interesting side note about the gambling debts but Golon is not in any guild as of yet.   He is basically a troublemaking young adult who is out of coin and willing to do anything to get some more if it means not going back to his Dad's farm a failure.  He is a cheat and a bit of pickpocket at this point.   He would swindle the party of gold through a con more likely then run off with their purses though.  Everything is a calculation of risk versus reward.  I don't know that he views himself as a thief at this point.   He's just doing what it takes to stay in coin.  Sure he snatched a few purses from some drunk patrons of different establishments but that was a valuable life lesson on the virtues of sobriety.   Well paid for and well taught.  

Always a fun space for a character to be, in my experience. I look forward to seeing more of him.

ร—
ร—