The Virtual Tavern

Eric

Not trying to muddy the waters - I'll go with the majority here but it seems an obvious trap by description and Tala would be remiss in not calling it out.  And feel free to take some shots at Tala's well meaning but socially deaf condescension  . . .

On 10/10/2022 at 6:34 AM, LarsWester said:

I haven't seen any Legend of Korra yet is it worth a watch?  

Belated answer to this: I enjoyed it but there's a large caveat in that I came to Avatar as a property after the shows had aired and by way of Korra first so there are some biases there.  The Jadepunk setting that merges bending with technology is kind of my jam, as is the adventure serial framing they give each episode.  I also find each season of Korra hangs together better as a single story (whereas Avatar the Last Airbender hangs together better as a series): Season 3 is probably the strongest and has the most compelling villain, Season 1 is I think is a fun introduction to the new time period and the new Avatar, but Season 2 is largely considered the weakest of the four.  All in all it' a deeply ambitious but also deeply flawed series and worth at least a few episode test run.

Edited by Cirlot (see edit history)

always assume there are traps everywhere. Trapping the decoy entrance? Yep. A gauntlet of traps that are carefully avoided on the actual entrance? Also yep. Traps behind random doors? Yep.

Also @Eric - I'm using the dwarven ability to assess construction for traps, not sure if your recent post is the resolution of that or not.

Edited by matt_s (see edit history)

4 hours ago, matt_s said:

I'm using the dwarven ability to assess construction for traps, not sure if your recent post is the resolution of that or not.

I haven't resolved it yet since the fallen doors were closer. From this distance he doesn't see any obvious signs of traps.

sure, the ability description does basically tell me that I have to be very explicit about what is being searched, probably to the point of annoyance of literally everyone if I took it literally....

also Thoridin will have his heavy two handed polearm out and thus loses initiative by default.

I love that Stoyan's immediate response to seeing a colleague fall over is that the guy must be dead and now he has to avenge him.

Also glad to see that we got the worm before it ate Dejrik, so Glonkposting will have to wait.

While Golon's character sheet lists his class as thief.  He has done absolutely nothing or said anything explicitly to give the impression that is his character.  He hired on as a guide.   Now some party members may have suspicions that he less than honorable but I feel it's a jump to call him the party burglar in character at this point.  I think he is hanging back at this point purposely not revealing that part as the party is generally lawful.

Apologies - dangers of late night posting on my part.  The intent of the " - " in the through below:

Tala - Inner Monologue of Judgment!

If the stories of her sires adventures were an accurate guide, now would be when one sent the party burglar in to assess the take, but -

The red haired lad had been helpful enough in the fight but he claimed to want no part of it, and he was armed and armored near nothing. 

was to be more a "we should send a burglar, but what we have is HIM" ~camera pans to Not!Thief, clearly not behaving like a burglar~ observation than pegging Golon as a proper thief.  I needed reasons for Tala to plod her clunky armored butt down into the hole and play trap fodder rather than just call it out and then wait (which could have required multiple rounds of posts to resolve and we've got momentum, dang it!).  So it was decidedly not intended to be a callout, my apologies if it read that way. 

. . . Now, Tala does think Golon is a thief, or at least a conman - she's judgemental, all to pleased with her own cleverness and well ~gestures to her reaction in the intro thread~ but that judgement is less a "trained thief as class" assessment than it is "yeaaaaah he'll probably swipe some coin if given the opportunity."  A dedicated trained trapfinder/lockpicker she thinks him not

10 hours ago, Cirlot said:

Now, Tala does think Golon is a thief, or at least a conman - she's judgemental, all to pleased with her own cleverness and well ~gestures to her reaction in the intro thread~ but that judgement is less a "trained thief as class" assessment than it is "yeaaaaah he'll probably swipe some coin if given the opportunity."  A dedicated trained trapfinder/lockpicker she thinks him not

Very well misunderstanding on my part.   And yeah Golon could totally be giving off the not to be trusted vibe.   My initial post was written as a conman trying to worm his way into confidence of an adventuring group.  And Golon doesn't have the charisma to pull that off 100% successfully so Tala is probably picking up things.  But I misread your post as this is stuff for the party thief, looks at Golon (party thief) than how you framed it here.