The Virtual Tavern

Eric

13 hours ago, Cirlot said:

Ditto!  Welcome!  And no stabbings, promise . . . until poor Yorp takes their revenge! 😆

On that note, I do want to make an agreement with everyone!

I'm not super interested in being the Secret Enemy of the party. I'm not interested in seeing if I can wriggle Yorp out of whatever bindings the adventurers put him in so he can sleep-murder everyone and I can 'win' at the other player's expenses.

As far as I am concerned, Yorp sees his best interest coinciding with the best interests of the party. This is because he believes he can't take them all in a fight, in part, but also because he doesn't have much else in the way of prospects, and attaching himself to the hull of this ship might actually get him somewhere.

Mind you, if we're in a situation where we've basically TPK'd, and everyone but the dwarf and Yorp are dead, and the Dwarf is knocked out...well, Yorp might just slit the Dwarf's throat and make off with whatever he can carry, but again, that's only if we're already in a TPK situation.

I ask for the same consideration in exchange. The party isn't going to think much of Yorp, and might throw some insults his way, but I'm also not interested in the super-fun game of 'my hands are tied, I'm taking non-lethal from the party kicking me for fun, and they'll kill me unless I charge the troll to distract it'.

OK, so it seems to me like there is the beginnings of a plan--flush Yorp's clanmates from their current location and send them safely to the mountains, and then commence the breaking and entering?