How shall we begin?

Eric

How shall the adventure begin?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How...

• Crew Marpessa's boat
    • Hire a ship for passage, taking some sort of Vow for repayment
    • Be hired by a merchant to explore island, taking some sort of Vow to get paid
    • Become marooned on the island, and undertake a Journey to find a way home

4 hours ago, Vladim said:

I voted 1st and 4th, but I can also work with the others!

It wouldn't be impossible to make both 1st and 4th happen actually, but Marpessa is of course going to use all of her seafaring experience to not put the party in this situation :)

Edit: For me however, all these options seem exciting regardless

Edited by zeerooth (see edit history)

I like the 1st because it establishes some basic PC connections at least, and I like the 4th because it puts us immediately in danger and forces us to act.

Perhaps the combination is not so dire as to lose the boat, but it develops a serious leak that will require extended repairs, and she manages to beach it on the island?

3 hours ago, Eric said:

Perhaps the combination is not so dire as to lose the boat, but it develops a serious leak that will require extended repairs, and she manages to beach it on the island?

Yes, that works nicely. It could also be a storm with wind so extreme it rips the sail or snaps the mast, forcing the party to paddle to the shore. Or some sea monster attack? :o

I voted 1 and 3, 1 mainly for the same reason as @Vladim, so we kinda know each other. We are the crew of this vessel and if we're not bestest of friends we are at least colleagues who share the goal. I voted 3 so we can explore vows a bit better, and have the incentive to succeed as the group.

Edited by Grudge (see edit history)