General OOC

X51

Aloha!

I suppose there’s no harm in getting started on figuring out some of the crunch at least, even if the finer points of the game’s premise remain up in the air for now, I understand?

Correct! The adventure in the book is clearly laid out, but at the beginning it suggests the group all have a hand in describing this settlement and the kind of people it represents.

We can definitely go over the mechanics, though. I think I have just about everything important posted, and the rest can kinda be talked about or described as it comes up.

Fair enough! Character creation looks pretty straightforward, if nothing else.

I am probably going to make a (former) raider of some sort, for what it's worth – assuming that's not a wholly unworkable concept taking into consideration whatever the adventure's premise is.

No problem! Either should be good. One thing I'll note is that, since this is taking place before the story of Fallout 4, there only a few advance Brotherhood teams in The Commonwealth. That's not meant to dissuade, just to let you know that any Brotherhood personnel around wouldn't have a ton of nearby Brotherhood support, though that then works well for the adventure.

Alright, I think I have all the important mechanical stuff down. Everything else can be described/explained if and when it comes up, though if you see something glaring that I missed, feel free to mention it!

I like everything I've read, but I think the brightest spot is that it makes the player point economy a required element. Things like FATE Points, or Genesys' Story Points, are neat, but the groups I've played in have always struggled to integrate the economy into gameplay. 2d20 kinda fixes that by making it virtually impossible to do anything big without it.

Also, I love that a ridiculous Luck build is totally viable. You could go 10 Luck, and either 10 Agility or 10 Intelligence, and have a 4 in everything else, and it would be functional. You'd have 10 Luck Points per milestone, and you can spend those to sub your Luck stat in for important skill tests. Having high Int gets you plenty of skill points, and high Agility makes you a lot harder to hit.

EDIT: If you go Survivor, and take Gifted, you could do 10 Luck, 9 Agility, and 8 Intelligence, which would probably be the best overall Luck build.

Edited by X51 (see edit history)

I added in a small note in the equipment section regarding the difference between Clothing and Outfits, basically just that Clothing stacks with armor while Outfits don't.

@LarsWester The 'Formal Clothing' you got in your starting gear, while called 'clothing,' is actually an Outfit, so its bonus will not stack with any armor you might wear. The Tough Clothing will, however.