General OOC

X51

Baldr's formatting is still giving me conniptions. Copying and pasting anything is an absolute chore, and deletes half its own content if i fail to click in the exact right place. Nested spoiler tabs are the worst for this, as once a single spoiler is put in, there seems to be no room for a second? It just refuses. I'm not sure my browser wants to work with it, it's probably optimized for chrome or something.

I've personally had a decent time just using the visual editor. It's really just been about giving myself plenty of room for error that can be more easily cleaned up. Tables have been a focus for my bits, clearly.

Yeah it's much easier with the markup style formatting on mythweavers than on here. 

I think if the source had a better html editor it would be easier to work with.

Nothing is worse than doing HTML on a plain white Notepad because it's not as immediately obvious where the elements are.

23 hours ago, Dybrar said:

I am having the loveliest of times trying to put together a template for my IC posts. 😛 Though I'm editing the source HTML directly for much of it, which may or may not be making it worse.

That came out pretty friggin' great!

4 hours ago, zazamz12 said:

Sorry for being silent, y'all! Been swamped with midterms, haven't had much free time.

How did y'all do that pip-boy screen for your posts? That's seriously amazing!

The magic of tables! Mine is two tables, each 1000 pixels wide. The top one is 1x1, bottom is 2x1. If you press Ctrl+right click on the table, it brings up a context menu. Go to Cell > Cell Properties, and that will let you add a background color to the cell.

I did mine borderless (Ctrl+RMB > Table Properties, set border size to 0), but I really like how Dybrar's came out. He set the border size to 5.

14 hours ago, X51 said:

That came out pretty friggin' great!

Thanks! Figuring out what sorts of CSS options were available involved a fair bit of googling, but in the end they proved quite useful. (And unfortunately are not universally available via the browser editor, it seems, though maybe that'd be asking too much.)

10 hours ago, X51 said:

The magic of tables! Mine is two tables, each 1000 pixels wide. The top one is 1x1, bottom is 2x1. If you press Ctrl+right click on the table, it brings up a context menu. Go to Cell > Cell Properties, and that will let you add a background color to the cell.

I did mine borderless (Ctrl+RMB > Table Properties, set border size to 0), but I really like how Dybrar's came out. He set the border size to 5.

Thank you! Took me a while, but I think I got something I can be happy with