General OOC

X51

I had a couple questions that have been percolating for a bit regarding characters.  It's essentially how players want their characters to be perceived.  Like Gunther who is both a "lonely" individual and a community leader, is that loneliness personal perception or are folks (and by extension the players) actually stand-off-ish?  Is Bertram a full-fledged member of the community or a clever resource to be used as needed?  Sadie is a former raider, but is that common knowledge or does only Harry know that?

I realized I had been making assumptions while reading and figured I aught to ask the authors about their creations, 😁.

48 minutes ago, Couch Potato Rex said:

Sadie is a former raider, but is that common knowledge or does only Harry know that?

It is common knowledge, I imagine. Medway probably remains small enough for now to have a fairly tight-knit community, one in which a new member doesn't just appear out of nowhere: one way or another, everybody finds out what their deal is pretty quickly. (Unless they actively and painstakingly try to escape all notice, perhaps.)

In any case, Sadie very much looks the part of a raider still, and to some degree acts it as well – not in a "bloodthirsty lunatic" sort of way, of course, but in the sense that she is quite clearly not one of the wasteland's more civilised denizens. Maybe this is because she owns who she is, maybe she's resigned to never being anything more than that, or maybe she just really doesn't care. Regardless, her past wouldn't be a secret. Nor would the fact that someone from Medway decided to save her life, for that matter.

Edited by Dybrar (see edit history)

On 11/11/2022 at 11:23 PM, Couch Potato Rex said:

Like Gunther who is both a "lonely" individual and a community leader, is that loneliness personal perception or are folks (and by extension the players) actually stand-off-ish?  

Gunther was given unofficial leadership out of fear and mutual respect for his "baseball" skills. At best, I think most reactions he gets are still lukewarm to his presence in town. The members of the board like him for his melee style of violence.

I do have a Roll20 table set up for this, though my plan was to just use that for screenshots. It does, however, have a pretty nice character sheet. Let me know if that's something you'd want to use as players at all.

I don't feel too strongly about Roll20 either way. Then again, I believe I've been in a whooping… uh, one game that used it. 😛 I assume we'd be using it just to move our own map tokens around, more or less?

Also, for what it's worth, the image in your last GM post is not working on my end.

I've swapped it out for an imgur link. Let me know if it's still not showing. Roll20 would mostly be for moving tokens, but it could also cover the character sheets going forward.

It's working now for me.  I don't mind Roll20 used to have a paid membership during the height of the pandemic.  Would we all have to buy something to get access to the character sheet or is that something that is free since it's your game and you own it.

The adventure really assumes that people have a light source of some kind. I'm gonna say that if you don't have a Torch or Lantern, you can retroactively spend some starting caps to buy one (10 for Torch, which generates light within a Close zone until the end of the scene, and 15 for Lantern, which generates bright light within Close Range, and dim light within Medium Range). Feel free to edit any posts as needed.