General OOC

X51

22 hours ago, Couch Potato Rex said:

Sorry, everything in RL got turned upside down and I completely forgot about the game.  I'd love to stay, but I don't think that's realistic on my part.  Hope you all have fun and I'll try again later when I have some free time again!

No worries!

Also, for the rest of you, here's the link to the Roll20 table. Set your display name to your character name, and I'll get the proper sheet assigned to you (I've already filled them out and such).

What I'm learning is that the 3-rank cap at 1st level is a little rough, and there's maybe a little bit of punishment happening for not min-maxing. As a reminder, you do have Luck Points, which allow you to reroll 1d20 on a test you've already rolled (among other things, as noted in the Mechanics section). Since this is a learning game, I'm gonna be generous and have Luck Points refresh at the start of Acts 2 and 3. All of the acts are pretty short, so don't be shy about using the Luck Points, if you'd like!

Edited by X51 (see edit history)

On 11/27/2022 at 9:39 AM, X51 said:

What I'm learning is that the 3-rank cap at 1st level is a little rough, and there's maybe a little bit of punishment happening for not min-maxing.

With the rolls I've been getting, at any rate, even 100% optimised stats would have made virtually no difference. 😛 And this in spite of my feeling that I put together a somewhat min-max-ish character in the first place!

I think it's just gonna feel weird that rolling high is bad for a bit. Historically, I've bent over backwards a bit too much to fudge things for players, but I feel like I'm finding better ways to mitigate poor rolls, like spreading out the successes of others. I've also been playing a ton of RimWorld lately, which is actually doing a lot to help my tolerance of failure and acceptance of limited story control (not that anyone asked).