Evening at the restaurant

hakootoko

spacer.pngAmuthini frowns a bit at this as she thinks it over, and waits for someone else to go first. But as no one else is going first, she pulls out her phone and brings up an album of pictures, then passes it around the table. She keeps her eyes on her plate as she eats her piping hot pork belly with rice and each of the others take a look at her phone.

In the album are beautifully rendered sketches of her teammates: Luc as an 18th century French nobleman at a ball, Remy as a bullfighter swinging her red cape as the bull charges, Grant as Gilgamesh stripped to the waist and wrestling the fiery bull of heaven, Sam holding a microphone on stage in mid dance step with a handful of other pretty lads. After that are works-in-progress, with the same subjects, singly or doubly.

Remy Concorde

Aspects: Lab-Grown Ace, "That's the World's First Clone Citizen!", Surprisingly Savvy Bookworm, Friendly Rivalry Motivates Self-Improvement.

Skills

+4: Mecha Piloting.
+3: Rapport, Lore.
+2: Empathy, Athletics, Shoot.
+1: Engineering, Will, Resources, Computers.

Stunts: Mecha Gunner, Advanced ACM Mastery, I've Read About That.

Pools:

Stress: Physical [ ] [ ], Mental [ ] [ ] [ ].

Consequences: [ ] [ ] [ ]

FP: 3/3.

Remy Concorde

remy_casual_smug1_mini_square.png.e5edcf3f238f95a2a96831fff2f6d816.pngRemy looked at the phone, at first confused that an answer to such a question would already be prepared in written form, but then saw the contents and concluded, looking at Amuthini, "Ah. So you want us to try on historical attires for . . . re-enactment? modelling? a theatrical play? Whichever the case, sure, I can roll with that, if you provide the clothes and accessories."

She glanced at the others. "Though you might want to flip around some roles, as in light of recent events, it might be more fitting to have Luc act as the Gilgamesh and Rockwell as the Bull of Heaven. Or not: can't know whether you would be able to convince him to wear a Sumerian fake beard."

Remy pondered for a second, returning her gaze to Amuthini. "Also, if you're the one arranging all this, would that mean that you are the Ishtar of the story?"

spacer.pngStill clearly embarrassed by the admission, Amuthini stammers "No, no, it's not what you think."

"I just like to draw fanciful pictures of people I know, but I never share them with anyone. It would be too awkward. And I guess I shouldn't. People will draw the wrong conclusions."

Remy Concorde

Aspects: Lab-Grown Ace, "That's the World's First Clone Citizen!", Surprisingly Savvy Bookworm, Friendly Rivalry Motivates Self-Improvement.

Skills

Pools:

Remy Concorde

remy_casual_smug1_mini_square.png.e5edcf3f238f95a2a96831fff2f6d816.png"Oh. So you actually did what you hesitated to until today, instead of merely telling us. That's pretty cool and resolute of you. In any case, I don't judge, though I was amused by the prospect and potential interpretations of such art being extended outside the screen.

Anyway," Remy trailed off, and looked over the rest of the team in anticipation of the next answer.

Edited by vicky_molokh (see edit history)

Character Stats

No.17 AkA Vicel Luc:
Aspects: Deniable Operative, Living Weapon, [Redacted] Training.
Skills: Mecha Weaponry +4, Mecha Pilot/Stealth +3, Investigation/Athleics/Burglary +2, Resources/Contacts/Will+1,
⌬STRESS⌬
Physical Stress: OOO
Mental Stress: OOO
⌬STUNTS⌬ X3
Blade Dervish:
If you share a sector with more than one enemy, No. 17 gains a +2 to mecha weaponry attacks.
Wraith of the Battlefield:
You get a free additional invocation on successful stealth checks. 
Blitzkrieg:
Subject able to move, attack, and then abandon his current opponent to intercept another.

Mecha Stats

Lie Vante(Hassassin Series Mk II)

⌬STRESS⌬

⌬Systems⌬ (5 CP Worth)
Camouflage:
Able to use Stealth to hide.
Flight:
Able to fly. 
Greytalon D.I.R.K.:
Charger(+2 WV after moving)
Penetrating(Conditional Free Invoke)
Weapon Aspect: Gaebulg(Free Invoke)

Action Mechanics

Totally normal here.

No.17

VicelLuc.jpg.f8710d2ae70b18a19f74327465885ec9.jpg

An expression of surprise flickered over No.17's face, a small piece of beef halfway to his mouth temporarily stopping en route as he examined the photos, one eyebrow flicking upwards slightly as he inspected his own. He set down his chopsticks to take a sip of his soda, the beef having mysteriously disappeared without quite reaching his mouth. "The art is of exceptional quality, although if we interpret the sketches in a metaphorical sense, one would wonder who or what is the bull that Ms. Concorde is baiting into assailing a piece of red fabric." 

"And in case anyone might be wondering," 
Luc said with the barest hint of amusement underlying his tone, "No, I do not believe I could be persuaded to wear a fake Sumerian beard for any reason. Although I am vaguely curious as to how you thought that could be an option, Ms. Concorde. The heavy braided locks would clash horribly with my complexion." There was the faintest bit of teasing in his otherwise deadpan tone. After a few more bites of meat, some disappearing mysteriously and some in a more physical manner, he paused to glance over towards Remy.

"I suppose, that while I have the floor, in a sense, an answer to your question is owed. Something I wanted to do but could not socially....Well, do note that all speech from this point onwards is wholly theoretical and is in no way reflective in any real physical actions taken along this direction. Having said that, I always wondered what happened if some of those fanciful baubles the rich and famous are so inordinately fond of went........Missing. Abruptly, and discreetly, of course. It amused me to imagine a celebrity without their earrings, a hairpin, or with perhaps one heel dutifully sanded to snap off as they walked..But alas, such a thing would be of course, illegal and entirely unbefitting of a civil servant. One can wonder, but not do, in this case." 

G_Argo_Gulskii.JPG.jpg.94d4f1a213be8cb64199b9eae7941058.jpg"Pretty good likeness, would love to see LT's face if he ever sees it." He passed the phone off.

He rubbed the back of his head, "Regarding Remy's question. Couple of weeks after we got to the station, couple of buddies I knew got stationed here and were playing what they called 'Terminus Bingo'. It's a bunch of challenges all over the station, some small and easy but more then a few are actually pretty complicated. I joined in and did some of the smaller ones then came one of the bigger ones. Turns out, when the station was being built, an asteroid hit the hull. It left a scar on the plating and they never replaced it, a sign of good luck that it bounced off instead of tearing through it. The challenge is to EVA walk to it and sign the hull around it, without any support from internal systems or personnel. Now, I'm all for bending a rule to get something done that needs doing and it's not like plenty of other folks on the station haven't done it but word gets back to LT and I knew I could kiss my place on the team goodbye."

spacer.png"Why, thank you, Luc!" she interjects, surprised that of all the people present he should be the one to compliment her on her drawing.

While listening to Grant's response, she spreads a bowl of beef brisket on the grill in anticipation of trying all the dipping sauces.

"I wouldn't advise it, Rockwell. Think of what it entails: the station is spinning for gravity, which means when you're outside on the hull, Terminus is always the ceiling."

"It's not easy to walk on a ceiling for kilometers. Sure, we've got EM boots and gloves, but those take quite bit of getting used to. After very slow progress and frequent mistakes, your muscles are going to be screaming in pain and you still won't be anywhere near the goal. That's why whenever we need to move around outside we either lift off and land or take the subway. All those subway lines were originally exposed tracks so we could move material."

"An EVA could be a good team exercise. Get out in an inherently dangerous environment and learn caution and attention to detail. We could take a trip out to The Pile. Once Terminus was massive enough to generate its own weak Lagrange point we started piling old rocket boosters and shipping containers there. They'll get broken up eventually, when we run low on other recyclables. But for now they're bumping around among themselves in a way that makes The Pile a risky obstacle course for even experienced pilots."

image.png.f296e77e114e946526b7ace77f35bd66.pngNeli takes a look at the various pictures, wondering where the inspiration for such pieces of art came from. She occasionally lifted up the album to compare the sketches with their subject, but otherwise said nothing. She was not an artist herself, so for someone to display such talent was impressive. After taking her fill of the sketches, she passed the album to the next person and quietly listened to the others' responses.

She briefly wondered if Luc's idealized kleptomancy was indicative of deeply rooted psychological issues, but otherwise wrote it off as him playing to the theme of the game. Rockwell's desire to break a rule to sign a hull, on the other hand, seemed like childish fun, and she secretly wished for him to be able to safely perform such a task.

When her turn came around, Neli stopped picking at the panchan. She quietly finished chewing her food with one hand to her mouth and then spoke. "If there was anything I would secretly like to do, from time to time, it would be getting into a screaming match with the children throwing a tantrum in public when they don't get their way. I feel it would come as a huge shock to them to see the ridiculousness of a full grown adult throwing a tantrum of their own. Obviously, the embarrassment of doing this in public, as well as the social disapproval from parents and from any onlookers, would be unbearable. But it's always fun to imagine."

Remy Concorde

Skills

Pools:

Remy Concorde

remy_casual_smug2_mini_square.png.be7dc88518b2afc131cb5abb3845d799.pngRemy was about to finally engage with the food, but was distracted by one of the answers, and turned to look at Vicel.

"My, my, what a surprise. I certainly didn't have 'Mr. SID gives a naughty answer in Truth or Dare' on my bingo card. Though it seems both thematically fitting and disappointing that you managed to score such an achievement by matching the 'delinquent or even outright criminal' definition instead of the 'scandalous but secretly sought-after' definition of the key characterisation of your answer."

She finally leaned back a bit in the chair and began eating, while still keeping an eye on the other participants' next exchanges.

spacer.pngAmelia found it rather strange that they all felt so comfortable to talk about the things they wish they could do. She silently sat there and just listened. 
Earth people are quite interesting She would think to herself. 

Remy Concorde

Skills

Pools:

Remy Concorde

remy_casual_ok_mini_square.png.d7ddfbbbaa49c52a77af99214d70d806.pngRemy stared at Amelia for a few seconds, then eventually spoke out, "Dropping out already, eh? Oh well, if you've already made up your mind, nothing I say will really stop you. But if you're still hesitating, I'd like to point out that while it's a decent way to maintain your dignity, it's also a way to all but ensure your wish will never come true either. That's aside from the entertainment and acquaintance value."

She turned to the newcomer. "All right, unless we're about to hear a reversal at the last second, that concludes the current round. So perhaps you'd like to be the next one to ask? Hit us with your best shot." 

image.png.f296e77e114e946526b7ace77f35bd66.pngNeli finished swallowing a lettuce wrap of pork belly, bean paste, and several different panchan as Remy turns to her and asks her for the next prompt. Neli thinks for a few moments and then smiles. "Well, for my question...What is something you used to do regularly before finding out it's not really normal in society? For me, as a kid, I would tie the string on my hooded jackets together and wear it almost like a cape. I would even go around pretending to be a superhero. I had all sorts of made up names and monikers. My grandfather even bought me different capes that I would wear to school and out in public. The other kids would giggle, but otherwise said nothing to me. And my parents continued to let me do it, thinking it was just a phase I would outgrow. It wasn't until my last year of Junior High that some of the other students finally mentioned how immature and ridiculous they thought I was for wearing capes for so long. It was rather embarrassing for me after that as I learned the other students would refer to me as 'Cape Girl.' I went to High School with a lot of the same people, so I would say it was probably one of the main factors in me wanting to graduate early so badly, which I did manage to do...thankfully. Anywho, what about the rest of you?"

Character Stats

No.17 AkA Vicel Luc:
Aspects: Deniable Operative, Living Weapon, [Redacted] Training.
Skills: Mecha Weaponry +4, Mecha Pilot/Stealth +3, Investigation/Athleics/Burglary +2, Resources/Contacts/Will+1,
⌬STRESS⌬
⌬STUNTS⌬ X3
Blade Dervish:
If you share a sector with more than one enemy, No. 17 gains a +2 to mecha weaponry attacks.
Wraith of the Battlefield:
You get a free additional invocation on successful stealth checks. 
Blitzkrieg:
Subject able to move, attack, and then abandon his current opponent to intercept another.

Mecha Stats

Lie Vante(Hassassin Series Mk II)

⌬STRESS⌬

⌬Systems⌬ (5 CP Worth)
Camouflage:
Able to use Stealth to hide.
Flight:
Able to fly. 
Greytalon D.I.R.K.:
Charger(+2 WV after moving)
Penetrating(Conditional Free Invoke)
Weapon Aspect: Gaebulg(Free Invoke)

Action Mechanics

Totally normal here.

No.17

VicelLuc.jpg.f8710d2ae70b18a19f74327465885ec9.jpg

When she said her question, No.17 suddenly took a very deep interest in the beef, devoting every speck of his attention to making sure the tender slices were cooked to perfection, while remaining completely and utterly silent. His expression had changed from one that almost resembled life to something that wouldn't look out of place upon a marble statue the likes of Michelangelo. 

Remy Concorde

Skills

Pools:

Remy Concorde

remy_casual_smug1_mini_square.png.e5edcf3f238f95a2a96831fff2f6d816.pngRemy thinks for a few seconds, then notices Luc's reaction, slightly nods to herself in amusement, then diverts everyone attention to herself by raising a hand.

"For me, it's the idea that if you walk into a kitchen and there's nobody in charge of distribution there, it's OK to just walk in and take anything on a per-need basis, so long as it does not have warning labels that would make that inappropriate.

At work or in someone's home, sometimes I would just go there and snatch some snack or even try to prepare something more serious if it's less of a hassle than going to the mess hall. That's how everyone behaved back at home, and it seemed to be the predominant approach back at the engineering centre. None of the mates outside the corp told me that it's odd or wrong until recently either.

Except that one one admin I met here soon after arrival. She freaked out, seeing it as a breach of privacy boundaries and possibly an indication of serious but covert familial intentions. That chat was a train wreck of misunderstandings. But also a good learning experience, and, once the initial misunderstandings got cleared, an eye-opener regarding certain social norms and expectations.

So now I'm more inclined to behave as if there is no such thing as trivial consumables, and treat a local resident as a casual approximation of the logistics staff for the apartment."

She went silent for a few moments, then recalled something.

"Oh, and Neli . . . you answered your own question. Are you upping the stakes and challenging subsequent querents to answer their own questions?"

Edited by vicky_molokh (see edit history)

image.png.af2658553a7d527fda2151ed517feb4f.pngRemy's question catches Neli by surprise, as she was happily taking her fill thinking her turn to speak wouldn't come up until some of the others had spoken. She quickly finishes whatever food was in her mouth before responding. "Oh, I guess I did, didn't I? The others don't have to answer their own question if they really don't want to. Although, I think it'd be more admirable if they did. It would be a shared moment of vulnerability, and I think it would be interesting to see how daring the querant would be knowing they'd have to answer the question too."

She pauses for a bit, thinking back to what Remy asked of her. "Now that you mention it, you didn't answer your own question earlier, did you? I suppose if we were to raise the stakes, we needn't stop at just the subsequent querants. What do you think, Remy?"