Closed Game  ·  2 members

Serpent's Skull

OOC

18 hours ago, War Magus said:

For the Spheres of Power Wiki, are you going to use the magic sphere in place of pathfinder magic and add combat spheres?

It is in addition to, not instead of. I'm relatively familiar with the rules and a few of my players from the in-person games enjoy using them, so I thought I would allow it here.

14 hours ago, Woody6087 said:

Will you allow players with Craft skills to "purchase" items they could craft at the normal 1/3 crafting cost?

Edit: And do you want us to take average starting gold, or roll for it?

No pre-game crafting at level one. Gold is your choice but you can't go changing your mind after you roll.

The Legendary Alchemist doesn't use mutagens the same way as the base Alchemist. Would you allow me to forgo the Alchemical Discipline Legendary ability altogether, in place of of the base class's Mutagens ability, in order to take the Winged Marauder racial archetype? If not, no biggie, I'll stick with the base Alchemist.

Edited by Woody6087 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Woody6087 said:

The Legendary Alchemist doesn't use mutagens the same way as the base Alchemist. Would you allow me to forgo the Alchemical Discipline Legendary ability altogether, in place of of the base class's Mutagens ability, in order to take the Winged Marauder racial archetype? If not, no biggie, I'll stick with the base Alchemist.

That would be fine.

32 minutes ago, Krimsin said:

So we aren't allowed to mix SoP with SoM, fair enough. What if an SoP character has a pet/familiar/companion/etc. with SoM, or vice versa?

Do you have a specific example? Typically from what I have seen SoP classes use the creation sphere for companions and the SoM classes use the beastmastery sphere. 

9 hours ago, Miasma said:

That would be fine.

Do you have a specific example? Typically from what I have seen SoP classes use the creation sphere for companions and the SoM classes use the beastmastery sphere. 

An SoP ranger could have an Animal Companion that takes SoM stuff via feats, maybe?

10 hours ago, LDDragon said:

Are sphere specific drawbacks allowed, eg upon taking Destruction sphere, take energy focus to gain acid blast?

http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/casting-traditions#toc48

Yes, drawbacks are fine.

1 hour ago, Krimsin said:

An SoP ranger could have an Animal Companion that takes SoM stuff via feats, maybe?

The animal companion itself taking SoM feats I am fine with. 

10 minutes ago, Llyarden said:

Is other Legendary Games material allowed?  Or just the Legendary Classes?

I am usually open to 3rd-party materials that I am familiar with. What were you looking at specifically?

13 minutes ago, Miasma said:

I am usually open to 3rd-party materials that I am familiar with. What were you looking at specifically?

Not sure on exactly what I would be taking from it yet, but I was thinking about Legendary Games' Ultimate Kineticist Compendium.