Closed Game ย ยทย  2 members

Serpent's Skull

OOC

50 minutes ago, Krimsin said:

I can probably get my zombie minion to have a decent Str score so that we have at least one person in the group who's not totally noodle armed. Between Tomb of Flesh and Wraith Form, I can smuggle most of the party into just about anywhere, and keep my zombie concealed around anti-undead types.

We also don't know anything about Miasma's friend is going to pick, so we may well have a beefy warrior type incoming.

I'd still suggest she pick what she feels would be fun rather than just filling out the group, but if she really wants to fill a niche, it seems 'strength-based melee' type would fit the bill. Maybe someone good at wilderness survival, given that the game ad mentions us being shipwrecked, and jungle exploration? 😄

Edited by VennDygrem (see edit history)

Party looks blast heavy, so Vigil's warp folk around should come in handy if we find ourselves in contact. Vigil's channels should come in handy too in that situation since she has selective channel. Party might be a little too large though. Also, Vigil's blasts, little AooE caltrops on demand, cut enemy movement in half if they fail the save.

Oh and very happy to be here 

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

My plans were to keep leaning into the scholar strengths of alchemy and healing, ultimately taking the knacks to make their medical training proactive and the ones that give some magical talents. If I were using oaths I'd actually be dipping into that now, even if it makes some knacks a bit more questionable. But that would've likely meant going hard on Divination and maybe Time so it's sounding like that wouldn't be adding a ton to the overall party capabilities. I can branch out a bit with the material impositions, but that's not for a while yet.

Impositions definitely add some good damage/debuffing potential to scholar, but mainly I'm astounded by how huge Scholar's heals can get, to the point that Alchemy sphere isn't really needed on top of it. Not sure what I'd replace it with though. Trap or Scoundrel sphere maybe, since they don't require a high BaB...

Ultimately, those of you with alchemy sphere ought to decide among yourselves who's doing poisons and who's doing formulae.

Edited by Krimsin (see edit history)

There's a feat I could take which grants me a witch's hex, which can get me a moldable sphere magic talent. That would allow me to change my companion based on daily needs, though I'd have no way to change it at any given moment's notice during the day. 

As for Alchemy, given the dangers inherent in the jungle, I figured having the Elixir formulae would be essential to survival, and having access to an splash attack helps if we encounter any swarms which I'm otherwise pretty useless against. Panacea is also good but I assumed anyone else doing alchemy was likely to pick it up.

I'd have gone the poison route, but the other options seemed more important up front, and I can get poison from Ninja talents. However, if we have ways of dealing with the effects of poisons and diseases in the party, I could probably switch, or otherwise drop it in favor of other gnome magic-swapped spheres (creation/illusion/nature).

Scholars eventually get the ability to heal poisons and diseases with their medical training, for what it's worth. Scholars healing weird stuff is like half their deal, including curses and eventually death. That's not for a long time, though. Scholar is a pretty slow build.

Vigil is rather good against swarms.. negative channeling. It's really good that we have more negative affinity in the game than just her. Helps Vigils offence and healing. She has alchemy at +9  and a kit which she has problems carrying, but if we have more alchemists in the party it shouldn't be a big deal. More alchemists mean more aid rolls and reduced prep time, no?

The lack of an out and out stopper remains a concern. Still waiting to see what the last player comes up with. Vigil can slow stuff down and get folk out of reach, but even so. Moving PCs high into trees doesn't always work. We should try to have missile weapons.

23 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Vigil is rather good against swarms.. negative channeling. It's really good that we have more negative affinity in the game than just her. Helps Vigils offence and healing. She has alchemy at +9  and a kit which she has problems carrying, but if we have more alchemists in the party it shouldn't be a big deal. More alchemists mean more aid rolls and reduced prep time, no?

The lack of an out and out stopper remains a concern. Still waiting to see what the last player comes up with. Vigil can slow stuff down and get folk out of reach, but even so. Moving PCs high into trees doesn't always work. We should try to have missile weapons.

I feel like Dez is flexible enough to step into any of a few roles depending on the group's needs ahead of the game's start. Regarding missile weapons, currently I have thrown weapon damage at a range increment of 30 feet, though I could get that up to 50 feet without much trouble. That's far from missile weapon range, however.

13 minutes ago, VennDygrem said:

I feel like Dez is flexible enough to step into any of a few roles depending on the group's needs ahead of the game's start. Regarding missile weapons, currently I have thrown weapon damage at a range increment of 30 feet, though I could get that up to 50 feet without much trouble. That's far from missile weapon range, however.

A lot of us are at 30' max range. Anything beyond that is gravy. Keep in mind a lot of things have 60' charge. That's why I chose the blast I did. 15' and can't charge is much better.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

ร—
ร—