Closed Game  ·  2 members

Serpent's Skull

OOC

7 hours ago, relekorlagunis said:

Since Spheres is allowed, are Oaths available?

I'm okay with Oaths, though I would say no more than two at start.

@Llyarden - I am okay with the Ultimate Kineticist Compendium. I haven't read the whole thing but do have access to it.

Is the 'no Champions' thing a hard ban on any character that has both martial and casting talents? Or can we have characters like a Hedgewitch that takes the Combat path, a Mid-Caster/Low-Caster that makes the feat-progression-for-combat-talent trade, a caster who gets talents through an Oath Boon, or just a caster that takes Extra Combat Talent- so long as they don't take a CotS class or archetype?

I'd like to have a Death-sphere necromancer who makes use of Reanimated Warriors for kung-fu skellingtons.

Edited by Toptomcat (see edit history)

Not making a fighter. Making a tragic figure for whom being stranded on a dangerous desert island would be an improvement. I pondered making a sphere witch because build wise sphere witches overcome the big problem of witches, which is their crappy spell list. However, the idea of playing a novice spellcaster on the run from a vampire.. Well, the narrative and the hero arc were just too attractive. As for tragic, well that's part and parcel of being Dhampir.

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)

@Toptomcat - Combat Talents gained via class options or by consuming feats are fine. It's more the actual champion classes and archetypes that turn other classes into champions that aren't being allowed. I think most, if not all, champion options have a bright green title.

1. Are monkey goblins allowed? Goblins are, but since monkey goblins are listed in the "other races" section of the site and not in the actual APG I figured I should ask.

2. How much of (if any) of the variants for tieflings is / are allowed?

2a. Non-human tieflings like a tiefling (gnome) for example?

2b. Variants like the rakshasa tiefling?

3. How far do you plan to run this until from a level perspective? I know, best laid plans and all that, along with thread survival rates, but I'm curious from a planning / concept perspective as it impacts my concepts.

4. Is this going to be a ship / seafaring campaign as much as an on land campaign? Or is it basically all on the island and then its done sort of thing? 😉

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Ryfte said:

4. Is this going to be a ship / seafaring campaign as much as an on land campaign? Or is it basically all on the island and then its done sort of thing? 😉

From what I've read in the Serpent's Skull Player's Guide, its basically land the whole time. It goes so far as to mention characters for a seafaring/ship-based game would have a hard time effectively using certain abilities in the adventure.

Edited by Woody6087 (see edit history)

@Ryfte 

1: Monkey Goblin would be fine.

2: Non-human tieflings are just as common so I don't see why you couldn't. Other than the difference between a small and medium race there are no stat differences. The variant heritages are allowed.

3: Hard to say. PBP is pretty slow. I would like to get as far as possible for as long as there is interest. 

4: There is about zero sailing/aquatic/seafaring involved, other than the fact that you were on board a ship just prior to game start. I would read the player's guide if you haven't already. You are on the island for only the first book of the adventure, about level 1-4.

1. Strix are in the accepted race list and one of the submissions has a flying mount as well. Does that mean flight as a PC is acceptable for this game? Some DM's shy away from it like its the plague while others are fine with it, figured I'd ask for the followup question...

2. Bloodforge is a DSP book and it has two feats; Vestigial Wings and Aerial Wings (7th level minimum). They're both here DSP Feats on d20pfsrd.com
2a. Would you allow those feats?
2b. If I took the vestigial wings alternate racial trait would you consider that equivalent to the Vestigial Wings feat?

Unlike simply playing a flying race this wouldn't allow for flight until 7th level, in case that wasn't clear. 😉

No big deals if its not allowed in the least. Again, figuring asking is a no harm no foul situation.

I've already decided on the class and concept, just trying to nail down the details of race to go with it, lol.

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)

@Ryfte - 

1. Sure. Flight isn't actually all too hard to counter if it becomes an issue, and not always even feasible (underground or indoors).

2. Feats allowed if you meet the requirements, but Vestigial Wings alternate racial would not count as the feat of the same name.

@madMonk - Ability Focus is fine, though it wouldn't be (Hex) as in applying to all hexes you have. You would have to choose a specific Hex for the feat to apply to.

Advanced Talents can be used.

2 hours ago, Miasma said:

@Ryfte - 

1. Sure. Flight isn't actually all too hard to counter if it becomes an issue, and not always even feasible (underground or indoors).

2. Feats allowed if you meet the requirements, but Vestigial Wings alternate racial would not count as the feat of the same name.

1. Point taken. I simply asked because some DM's simply rule it out up front. *shrug*

1a. If you're a small character with good or perfect flight being indoors or even underground typically isn't an issue mechanically. They take up much less space from a flight perspective. Also, there's non-winged flight for which space matters even less.

2. I'm reconsidering the tiefling as I can mechaniclly do the same thing with an aasimar if I really care to. They actually can get flight with racial feats, which is ironic as they don't get vestigial wings and tiefling can but can never gain racial flight! Sort of bass ackwards. Its more likely that I shift back to the monkey goblin, my original concept. If I want flight there are many actual ways to get it after all and the flying monkey goblin amuses me more a'la the Wizard of Oz, heh. I had the image for the goblin ready before the current one too!