Session 2: Eldritch

GM Saint

Screenshot-20221031-063129.png.e20281c2da35b0e6c02db914a986139f.pngName: Ved Kith (AKA Kirit)  |  Class: Fighter 4 

AC: 16+1 | HP: 32/48 | Hit dice: 0/3d10 

SR Abilities: SDice: 4/4d8  1/1d6 | Action surge 1/1 | 2nd Wind 1/1

LR Abilities: Luck 0/2     Attacks Rapier +5 1d8+3
Light crossbow 80/320 +5 1d6+3
 | Saves Str +3 | Dex +3 | Con +4 | Wis +1 | Int -1 | Cha +0; | Maneuvers Precision attack55 | Menacing attack | Trip attack | Parry | Riposte | DC 13;

Ved grimaces with embarrassment. "Well if he dies with a lady on either arm it'll suit him. And I can kick on. I swear I think sometimes he's never going to die and I'll not be able to either, just sat here watching him."

"There more Skorn, and more shadow squids. Squidows. It's getting hairy out there, even this crew is hard-pressed to stay alive. But if the bounty stands, I'll bring in the mamma squidow and hopefully that'll sort for all."

image.jpeg.4b31315cc7d31c2d127b71f0fb6043a0.jpeg

Name Aaliyah | Class Wizard | Level: 3 | AC: 15| HP: 33/33 | Prof: +2 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 13 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Hex Curse: [x] Attacks: Leaf | +7 | 1d10+5 slash/pierce - EB | +6 | 1d10 Force

CantripsEldritch Blast, Green-Flame Blade, Shape Water, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Message       Spells Known (6)1: Hex, Shield, Disguise Self, Silent Image
2: Misty Step, Mirror Image, Shatter
:

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o][o]

Spell DC: 14 | Spell Attack +6 

Spells (Sorc lvl1) [o][o] (War lvl2) [o][o]  

"Thats so nice!" Aaliyah cheers, giving Ved a friendly peck on the cheek before dancing over to the mayor's table with him. She listens as the men talk about such dark things but its not the Skorn or the monster that gets most of her attention.

It was her other new friends going out treasure hunting. Veds father seemed nice but he was very old and humans started going downhill so fast. Or so she heard as Ved was the first human she'd ever met. 

"I wonder if she found that world changing treasure already or if this is just a clue. They went out there with those Skorn..."

download.jpg.778fc9a57508f3c4a0244e47901983ae.jpg.162fe0beb7e97d3ca7350ac44512799a.jpg.90af8b6eee6d4d2f03982663456bed14.jpg.a4fe7c5225cb9ab8acc1c3d0d1b7b692.jpg

Name Souris Garou | Class Druid 3 | AC: 16 | HP: 27/27 | Prof: +2 | PP: 16 

SavesStr -1 / Dex +2 / Con +1 / Int +3 / Wis +6 / Cha +0  |  AttacksShillelagh | +6 | 1d8+4 Bludgeoning  |  CantripsGuidance11, Shillelagh  Magic Items2x Healing Potions | Wildshape/Wild companion: 

Spell DC: 14 | Spell Attack: +6 | Level 1Detect Magic, Faerie Fire, Goodberry, Healing Word, Ice Knife ▣ ▣ ▣  | Level 2Detect Thoughts (1/day per feat).
Moonbeam, Pass without Trace
 ▣ ▣ | 
 LuckWhen failing any D20 check, you may spend one luck die to reroll the result. This decision is made after the roll but before the results are known. You must declare the use of this dice in your post. These die refresh during a long rest.  ▣ ▣

Souris followed the mother as if it was natural, her experience as a Gardener evident as she managed to command some respect and present an air of comfort simultaneously.  It was mostly done by slow deliberate movements, not unlike one may use with an injured or frightened animal.  Nothing sudden, there was no rush.  The fact that there was an injured man and a new mother simply gave her presence credence. 

Dalen staggered beside his mother, face dazed and body wracked, he might as well have been sleep walking. "DALEN!" His wife shouted with tears streaming down her face as she crushed the baby to her bosom.  His head lulled in her direction, but there was barely any recognition there.  The young woman pressed her forehead to his a moment, her pregnancy temperament still present as her eyes leaked over her contorted face and runny nose.  As the mess that was Magdalene kissed his cheeks,  sniffing and bawling, Souris couldn't help but think that maybe it was for the best that he was in a daze.  The baby, now half forgotten, began to cry, and she only pressed in closer to him, the warmth providing some comfort to the child, or maybe just slightly smothering it.

The grandmother, still having some wits about her, was torn.  She clearly wanted to slip the grandchild away from the mother, but knew that releasing her son meant he just might fall to the ground like the useless lump he was. 

"He needs to sit." Her voice cut through the sobs like a scalpel.  "He also he needs a bath.  The divine fruit he's eaten will keep him sustained for a day, so no need to feed him.  I've given you enough for yourselves as well, because you do not have the luxury of preparing food at the moment.  Fetch water, start a fire to warm it. Get him some clean clothes."  

Magdalene's stared at the druid with eyes that could burn through iron.  Despite the blessings she offered, Souris had just entered another woman's home, and told her how to tend to her husband and child.  She was glad for the mask, and the grandmother who laid a hand on the younger woman's shoulder, and spoke with a calm almost pleading tone.  "Maggy dear... She's a Gardener... she helped save him, and heal him, and provided for us and the baby... please..."  After a few moments the young women's hackles lowered and she nodded, but the older women gave Souris a look that was not impressed.  The older woman took the child, allowing her son's wife to tend to him.  

Souris took a small sheepish step forward, somewhat feeling like she was intruding, but she didn't come this far for nothing. "I'm sorry, it's been a very trying day... you have been through much and I envy your strength.  It would be my pleasure to tend your adorable child while you tend to Dalen.  There are few joys such as new life, I consider it an honor to be here, and am grateful that the babe will grow up knowing their father." 

Magdalene's demeanor did a complete 180, bottom lip pouting as she fought off more tears from Souris' words.  The woman was truly an emotional mess.  The grandmother gingerly handed the babe to the Gardener, "I'll fetch the water" 

Souris found a place to sit with the child, and crushed the last berry into its mouth while gently bouncing and shushhing it. "Shhh-shhh-shh-shhhhhhh" It smelled so good, she could just bit them all over.  She smiled at the babe while Magdalene stripped her husband, the young woman was still occasionally looking over her shoulder to confirm that Souris was not eyeing her husband or getting any other funny ideas... but Souris didn't notice, after not too long she fell fast asleep with a blanked and a baby snuggled into her. 

Mechanics

stealing baby for a nap

Inn Crew (Barkvin, Aaliyah, Ved?): 

"So there's more of them? A mother and she's spawning young. Damned and there's not a soul outside of the Vale who'd lend aid inside. Even the dwarves won't risk the Kingpriest's ire by overtly sending aid. Any idea what the Skorn are on about? Hard to believe they ran here looking for sanctuary. Those blokes, so I hear, have any sense of being human beaten out of this early on."

image.jpeg.4b31315cc7d31c2d127b71f0fb6043a0.jpeg

Name Aaliyah | Class Wizard | Level: 3 | AC: 15| HP: 33/33 | Prof: +2 Stats: Str 8 / Dex 14 / Con 13 / Int 12 / Wis 10 / Cha 18
Special Abilities: Luck: [o][o] Hex Curse: [x] Attacks: Leaf | +7 | 1d10+5 slash/pierce - EB | +6 | 1d10 Force

CantripsEldritch Blast, Green-Flame Blade, Shape Water, Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Message       Spells Known (6)1: Hex, Shield, Disguise Self, Silent Image
2: Misty Step, Mirror Image, Shatter
:

Magic Items: Healing Potion [o][o]

Spell DC: 14 | Spell Attack +6 

Spells (Sorc lvl1) [o][o] (War lvl2) [o][o]  

"We will find the mother though! I'm sure of it but it may take awhile. She doesn't have babies, she turns people into her babies..."

Screenshot-20221031-063129.png.e20281c2da35b0e6c02db914a986139f.pngName: Ved Kith (AKA Kirit)  |  Class: Fighter 4 

AC: 16+1 | HP: 32/48 | Hit dice: 0/3d10 

SR Abilities: SDice: 4/4d8  1/1d6 | Action surge 1/1 | 2nd Wind 1/1

LR Abilities: Luck 0/2     Attacks Rapier +5 1d8+3
Light crossbow 80/320 +5 1d6+3
 | Saves Str +3 | Dex +3 | Con +4 | Wis +1 | Int -1 | Cha +0; | Maneuvers Precision attack55 | Menacing attack | Trip attack | Parry | Riposte | DC 13;

@TheGospel

Ved looks discomfited by the cheek-peck from Aaliyah, there's even a suggestion of a flush that creeps above the beard. This is not the type of woman he's used to and he's not sure how to take her.

"Yeh, like the lady said, it turns some of its victims into new squidows. As for the weird Skorn folk, they are maybe hunting the squidows too? Who knows. Any creature that's willing to bite off its own tongue is not to be trusted as either an ally or an enemy."

Edited by Knave (see edit history)