A couple questions about the full release.

Neopopulas

Merry christmas to everyone. Mine is just wrapping up here in Australia and i log in and what do i see? An announcement on the OGMW about Baldr, a lot of good work has gone into it and i'm really glad to see it moving, things look so good. With just the sheets to go - and even if the final lights-off switch to Baldr is a ways off - i did have a couple of questions about Baldr here.

Firstly.. and i'm sure its been mentioned somewhere i just can't find it, we're transferring post counts.. right? I'm nearing 10k on OGMW and it would itch my brain forever because here on Baldr i'm at 91, i just feel so diminished...

In a slightly more substantial area, i've been fiddling with games again, and i've been wondering if we have any news about how the menu is going to go? I tested it with a BUNCH of topics and stuff and they way it adds them horizontally can become a little unwieldy, its usually not a problem for me because i usually don't have many but was just in a game on OGMW that had.. lets say.. a LOT, and i can only imagine the mess it might become on Baldr. I'd give you suggestions but honestly i don't even know how to fix this, because we did test it down the left side at one point but it didn't stick.

Anyway, once again a happy christmas to anyone around on christmas!

To the first part: Yes, post counts will be fixed! Right now every time we run a sync to migrate OGMW newer accounts over to Baldr, it resets all post counts to "# of posts on Baldr." We will be fixing post counts shortly after Baldr launches and OGMW registration is shut off, so that we don't have to worry about post counts being wiped anymore.

As to the game menu: One thing that can help if it's something like a lot of world building folders is using Pages (the replacement to the OGMW wiki) in the game instead. There is a Table of Contents button that GMs and Co-GMs have in the text editor when editing a page that will let them create an in-page navigation to designated sections. The guide section on that is still coming, but soon.

For things like Adventurer's League and Pathfinder Society, we now have a specific option to select in the game settings to designate it as a PF Society or AL game, instead of having all of those games shoved into a single Game.

22 hours ago, Colin said:

To the first part: Yes, post counts will be fixed! Right now every time we run a sync to migrate OGMW newer accounts over to Baldr, it resets all post counts to "# of posts on Baldr." We will be fixing post counts shortly after Baldr launches and OGMW registration is shut off, so that we don't have to worry about post counts being wiped anymore.

As to the game menu: One thing that can help if it's something like a lot of world building folders is using Pages (the replacement to the OGMW wiki) in the game instead. There is a Table of Contents button that GMs and Co-GMs have in the text editor when editing a page that will let them create an in-page navigation to designated sections. The guide section on that is still coming, but soon.

For things like Adventurer's League and Pathfinder Society, we now have a specific option to select in the game settings to designate it as a PF Society or AL game, instead of having all of those games shoved into a single Game.

Sounds good. I think the Pages will be a great help. For me anyway mostly i only have a folder for characters, archive and maybe a folder for information. But i know other people might have more problems. The Pages feels like something i'd like and i need to have more of a look - i couldn't find the Table of Contents button right away but i didn't have a super close look. If it can be formatted well i think it'll work just fine.

Thanks for the response!