Google Fonts

Old Scratch

4 hours ago, Cassanova Frankenstein said:

Can we please acquire the ability to use Google fonts in our posts?  Even if we have to manually use the LINK tag to do it or something?

Added to the feature tracker. I'll see if it can be readily integrated into CKEditor 4.

Source doesn't allow the HTML link tag for obvious security reasons. I will definitely look into Google Fonts, with option 1 being figuring out whether it's possible to integrate into the editor with lazy-loading that won't cause page render times to increase on account of the additional download required to render on the recipient browser. Just loading all of the fonts would make the site crazy slow. Option 2 would be to pick a handful of fonts to specifically integrate, and then manage the load sequence accordingly.

1 hour ago, A Murder of Crows said:

Not when trying to use a Google Font or a great many CSS options like box-shadow, text-shadow, border-radius as a few examples. 🙂  Ditto for a lot of other options that let you create stylized logos and headers.

That is because pure html/css goes through a sanitation process when used and anything that could be used as an exploit is filtered out. So a lot of CSS styling can't be used. 

That is due to site security settings and I don't see that changing much as it has already been discussed. So we do have strict limits on what we can and can't do in the source html.

While what you’re talking about isn’t off the table, the important thing to keep in mind is that it is outside the defined scope for the initial launch. Not a paranoia thing on our part either; sanitizer settings are mostly default state currently.

It’s on the tracker, but a deeper evaluation of the sanitizer settings is something that won’t really get attention for a few more months (end of March ‘23 tentatively for launch). 

Plus you can do a ton of fancy stuff with the editor without needing to touch CSS. Resize and float images easily. Tables, fancy headers and text, etc. You just need to learn the editor and what it is capable of and then use the source to tweak here and their. Check out all the templates and fancy things in my thread. All done within the editor.

https://test.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/365-bwatfords-fancier-format-examples/

• 6 months later...