Domino - Skill-Monkey / Stabby Type

Roughtrade

• 2 weeks later...

Pardon for the Delay.  My roommate had a minor surgery on her wrist and has been stuck at home unable to work.  And she is horrible at not working.  "No Becky, you can't go weed the garden, your arm is broke." ...  "No Becky, you can't groom the dogs, your arm is broke." ...  "No Becky, you can't reorganize the attic, your arm is broke." ...  "No Becky, you can't work on costumes, your arm is broke." ...  

The only way to get her to rest with her arm raised higher than her heart to prevent clots has been to sit and watch TV with her.  We binged through four seasons of Bones and two seasons of The Closer.  I had less trouble getting free time when I was watching two toddlers and an infant.  

On 2/11/2023 at 8:45 PM, iantruesilver said:

Thoughts?

Several.

I used to do a very detailed backstory for characters, and Domino's has had her biography grow each time I submit her.  But I start from less these days and I find I like leaving some things vague for later.  Having things neatly tied in a bow does make for a pretty good story but sometimes it stifles growth as the game develops and the character interacts with other players.  So, I have a sketch in mind of what occurred and want to leave openings for you to insert hooks from the AP into the story that we find interesting.  

So the basic premise remains constant.  Domino 'ran away from home' in a bit of teenage rebellion.  She gets kidnapped, escaped, recaptured, wanders lost, and eventually ended up strapped to a table next to Violet.  Actual events in-between then and now can be filled in as we go.

Non-Events

Domino herself has never been subjected to sexual slavery.  Maybe it was threatened or implied, but it was either used as a scare tactic or she escaped before it went any further.  I don't really like that particular trope.

Events 

At some point in all this Domino is held captive by someone who considers Androids as objects, not even giving them the consideration of animals.  This human is vivisecting androids of both sexes to discover why they are capable of sexual activities.  - Addendum- This was not his only area of study.  He was trying to figure out how to build his own, which required him to dismantle androids.  

Domino spent some time hiding out in a city/medium sized town where she befriended some prostitutes.  She was not herself a prostitute.

On 2/11/2023 at 8:45 PM, iantruesilver said:

Eventually got picked up by another android in a black market (Tarnished Halls) in Hajoth Hakado

I like this idea.  Domino would be completely blindsided by this.  It could certainly instigate her 'Betrayed' disadvantage.  So... more information about this android?  Did she know him/her?  How closely did they pretend to be her friend before selling her off?

Lol Becky sounds like one of my old partners at St John Ambulance, cast on her foot and still volunteering to go cover events cause she just can’t sit still.

No issue with any of the details (ie. leaving some spaces to draw connections as necessary, no sexual slavery, etc, fine with all that).

My initial thought is that the Tarnished Hall android wouldn’t even try to befriend any of her own race. She perhaps just simply subjugates her own kind because she believes that’s how she will receive a better lot in life, if that makes sense.