Domino - Skill-Monkey / Stabby Type

Roughtrade

4 minutes ago, Wiz said:

If you feel we need to detail that. 

Had not considered it as a catalyst for Val's profession, but it is a good one.  

Wasn't trying to give specific details so much as throwing out possibilities.  

And now really, time to shut down and get some sleep.  I think I am talking in circles.

Mechanics-wise, aside from equipment:

• "Alert +2 Perception", do you mean the +2 Perc as part of Exceptional Senses?
  • Reviving Nanites: This is a 1/day effect, and it's heal 2HD the first time you take ≥2HD of damage.  (Which, for rogues each HD is d8, so if I'm interpreting the rules correctly, it means the first time Domino takes 16 or more damage each day, she automatically heals 16).
  • Have you decided which drawback to take?
  • More of an FYI than a disallow: Technically Unchained Rogues do not have their own archetypes. Though mechanically it seems everything looks fine and lines up properly.
  • The Technic Training class feature from Numerian Scavenger is more than just a free Technologist feat.  Make sure you're aware of the other benefits as well. 

4 hours ago, iantruesilver said:

Mechanics-wise, aside from equipment:

• "Alert +2 Perception", do you mean the +2 Perc as part of Exceptional Senses?
  • Reviving Nanites: This is a 1/day effect, and it's heal 2HD the first time you take ≥2HD of damage.  (Which, for rogues each HD is d8, so if I'm interpreting the rules correctly, it means the first time Domino takes 16 or more damage each day, she automatically heals 16).
  • Have you decided which drawback to take?
  • More of an FYI than a disallow: Technically Unchained Rogues do not have their own archetypes. Though mechanically it seems everything looks fine and lines up properly.
  • The Technic Training class feature from Numerian Scavenger is more than just a free Technologist feat.  Make sure you're aware of the other benefits as well. 

Opening Caveat.  I try to link everything to the source so that it is clear I know what it is supposed to do.  I write it down in shorthand to highlight the important points.  Especially on the Myth Character sheets where there is never enough room to write out the things I would want to have written out.  That is why my character write up posts tend to be so much.  

1)  Yes.  I much prefer the D20PFSRD of Archives of Nethys.  They use the title "Alert" over "Exceptional Senses" for this ability, and it is shorter to write.   

2) No.  At First Level, Repairing Nanites only heal 2 points the first time Domino take 2 points of damage or more.  At Second Level it would be 4 points healed the first time she took 4 or more points of damage.  The exact quote "The first time each day that such an android has taken an amount of damage greater than or equal to twice her Hit Dice, the nanites automatically activate, without an action. Her circuitry-tattoos glow with light equivalent to that of a torch for 1 round and she heals a number of hit points equal to twice her Hit Dice. This racial trait replaces nanite surge."  

3) I'm going to play out both, but I really don't need the extra Trait.  Which is sacrilegious if you know me.  I usually cannot get enough Traits.  But then I am usually trying to get more Social Skills for a character because I like being bossy the Party Face. 

4) "These classes should work with any of the archetypes from previous books as long as the classes still have the appropriate class features to replace." Page 8 of Pathfinder Unchained.  Any of the Unchained Classes can use the non-Unchained Archetypes of their base class so long as there is a similar feature to the one being replaced.  Example given in the AoN under Danger Sense "Danger Sense (Ex): At 3rd level, a rogue gains a +1 bonus on Reflex saves to avoid traps and a +1 dodge bonus to AC against attacks made by traps. In addition, she gains a +1 bonus on Perception checks to avoid being surprised by a foe. These bonuses increase by 1 every 3 rogue levels thereafter (to a maximum of +6 at 18th level). This ability counts as trap sense for the purpose of any feat or class prerequisite, and can be replaced by any archetype class feature that replaces trap sense. The bonuses gained from this ability stack with those gained from trap sense (from another class)."

5) Noted as such on my first post in this Thread.  

7 hours ago, iantruesilver said:

Ah.  I stand corrected on point #2.  Thank you.

Hit Points and Hit Dice are one of those things which gets conflated a lot in these games.  I believe the reason they do not simplify it to Level is for Android NPC creatures which might be based on non-humanoid life forms and have 3+14 for hit points instead of one hit dice per level.  I've got nothing to back this feeling up except it makes sense for how they worded the ability.

120gp Start

115gp Spent

005gp Remaining

Equipment 

Armor & Weapons  (49gp)

010  ::  Leather Armor

020  ::  Rapier

006  ::  Dagger (x3) 

002  ::  Punching Dagger / Katar

010  ::  Wrist Sheath (Spring Loaded) (x2)

001  ::  Sling & Sling Bullets (x20) (Rounded Up because I hate Math)

Tools and Traveling  (66) 

020  ::  Adventurer's Sash  

030  ::  Thieves Picks & Tools

001  ::  Mess Kit and Bedroll & Blanket (2sp + 1sp + 5sp -Rounded Up because I hate Math)

002  ::  Canteen (water) 

005  ::  Gear Maintenance Kit  

000  ::  Explorer's Outfit 

001  ::  Entertainer's Kit  

001  ::  Grooming Kit  

006  ::  Bangles and Beads (Copper & Quartz Jewelry.  Scarves.  Girly Stuff.)

66 + 49 = 115

I have 05 gold to fool around with, but probably this is it.  

I am trying to get a rebuild on Domino completed but spent the morning in OOC chatter.  See, this is why I don't Discord.  Imagine how much less I would get done if this was a real time conversation.  At least Forum Speed keeps me somewhat contained.

Domino Project Ideas 

With us destroying the Numerian Scavenger Archetype, I am looking at maybe Knife Master to up our DPS.  The big killer for Knife Master is it takes out Trapfinding.

I will not be taking the Family Ties Drawback.  As previously discussed, I feel it would be cheating when the only family member around is another Player who could easily ignore making requests and render Domino immune from the drawback.  Taking the Betrayed Drawback will depend on if I do take any Archetype and need traits to replace anything.  

However, I am going to play out both as attitudes because the storyline for Domino is the same.  I just don't need the mechanics.  

Got interrupted by my roommate and discussed the game setting and he thinks I should take a dip into gunslinger so Val and Domino can be the Six-Gun Sisters.  

• 4 weeks later...

Background tie-in idea as promised:

First, how I understand things (correct me if I'm wrong)

• Domino ran away from home initially because she felt bored/restrained/misunderstood by Val and Khonnir, and wanted to experience new/different/exciting things
  • Got mixed up with the wrong people, and got enslaved/sold like property for a while
  • Eventually got away and came back to family and/or to warn Khonnir of possible danger

How I propose to fill in the gaps:

• The people she got mixed up with belong to the Silverdisk Hall
  • Got smuggled out of town before she knew any better
  • I'm not gonna meddle with the details in the middle, that's for you to fill in
  • Eventually got picked up by another android in a black market (Tarnished Halls) in Hajoth Hakados
    • who for spite or whatever reason enslaves and sells her own kind to the Technic League

Thoughts?