Editing shortcuts and the source editor

Neopopulas

I'm back again with a couple of questions. I have been playing with the editor again and its brought up a couple of questions.

1. Are there shortcuts for everything? I know things like Italics and bold and even underline but are there shortcuts for things like opening the table creation or opening the source code box?

2. With that in mind, does the screen for the source mode always default to the end of the page or is that something i'm doing? Is it possible for the editor to know where the cursor is and place you in the same area in the source code or is it hard coded to put you at the bottom? I just noticed when i was editing a pretty long post being dropped in at the bottom was a bit weird feeling.

Well for #1, bold, italics, and underlining are all the styling shortcuts yes.  But there are some other shortcuts you can try since it is CKEditor 4 that the forum is using.

Documentation link below:

Keyboard Shortcuts - CKEditor 4 Documentation

#2 Eric will have to give you an official answer if it can be changed, it is a popup/overlay and may be what the box in anchoring to (bottom of the screen).

Awesome, thanks. I'm.. well i'm sort of just hyperfocused on playing with tables and stuff right now and i was just wondering.

While i have you! is it just me or is it sometimes really hard, borderline impossible sometimes, to grab the edge of a table to resize it? I usually do it in the source or just with right-click but sometimes i just want to grab and scale it but sometimes i just can't get the cursor to change and allow me to do it, i'm starting to wonder its me thats doing something.

6 hours ago, Neopopulas said:

2. With that in mind, does the screen for the source mode always default to the end of the page or is that something i'm doing? Is it possible for the editor to know where the cursor is and place you in the same area in the source code or is it hard coded to put you at the bottom? I just noticed when i was editing a pretty long post being dropped in at the bottom was a bit weird feeling.

That's just how that plugin works, sorry.

1 hour ago, Neopopulas said:

While i have you! is it just me or is it sometimes really hard, borderline impossible sometimes, to grab the edge of a table to resize it? I usually do it in the source or just with right-click but sometimes i just want to grab and scale it but sometimes i just can't get the cursor to change and allow me to do it, i'm starting to wonder its me thats doing something.

The easiest way to edit a table is with the table controls (Ctrl + right mouse click) anywhere in the table will bring up the menu.  Just select table and you can change the size of the table, adjust borders, etc.

No worries about the source editor thats just me trying to gain perfect optimization, its just how my brain works, i've long trained myself not to let it bother me but i always have to ask.

Editing the table IS easier with numbers, clicking and dragging almost ALWAYS causes problems anyway - i mostly use it when i'm putting a table in a table so that the inner table maxes out the cell its in, but i'm sure there are better, less lazy ways to do it. Its also probably why i was up till 2am last night because i made a table that borked itself off the side of the screen on a 22in screen because i made it on a 27 inch screen and didn't account for screen size and had too many static numbers.

All in all i think a lot of great work has been done, i'm just being picky now so please don't take any of my 'problems' the wrong way, its just me trying to needle out the absolute most optimized options and many years doing stuff like this has taught me if you don't poke the code monkeys you'll never get anything but sometimes.. sometimes you do.