Part 1 - The Search for a Cure

CharmingSatyr

image.png.ddf9e9fd47ca75ba6d0ed7a28ef80e81.pngRawanne, level 1 half orc sorcerer Serpentine Bloodline
HP: 2/6, AC: 11, tAC: 11, ffAC: 10, CMD: 10, Init +6, Perception +0

Abilities: Serpent’s Fang (Ex), Darkvision 60', Orc Blood, Overlooked Mastermind, Conditions: None

Rawanne does agree with what Flint is saying but a lifetime of being told to mind her place will take more than one conversation to dispel, "I have Sarenrae. I've been involved in the church and they've been so good to me, opening themselves to a simple girl like me without judgement. I'm sure your faith in Desna is very good but I wouldn't dream of following anyone but the Everlight."

Actions

Move action: 

Standard action: 

Full round action: 

Show Spells

~Cantrips~

Acid Splash

Daze

Mage Hand

~First Level~ 2 of 4

Burning Hands

Charm Person

spacer.png Valeria Claudianus

spacer.png

Seeing how Flint has taken the lead in the conversation now, Val simply falls into step to walk beside him.

Surreptitiously, having in her own mind not received what she believes to be a complete answer to whether or not these three will turn into undead and try to eat her brains or something at night when she's asleep, she tries to check his wounds on her own while pretending to scootch up against his side.

spacer.png Statistics Block

[b][url=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2736624][color="DarkOrange"]Valeria Claudianus[/color][/url][/b] [i]Human Fighter [Free Hand Fighter] 1 CG[/i] [b]Init[/b] +1; [b]Senses[/b] Perception +2 [hr][/hr][highlight]Defense[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]AC[/b] 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 (Armour +4, Dex +1) [b]HP[/b] 9 / 13 [b]Fort[/b] +4, [b]Ref[/b] +1, [b]Will[/b] +1 [hr][/hr][highlight]Offense[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]Speed[/b] 30 ft. [b]Melee[/b] Short sword +5 (1d6+4; 19-20/×2) Iron Skillet +8 (1d6+4; ×2) Skewer +8 (1d6+4; ×2) Cutting Knife +8 (1d6+4; ×2) Torch +7 (1d4+4 plus 1 fire; ×2) [b]Ranged[/b] Skewer +5 (1d6+4; ×2) Cutting Knife +5 (1d6+4; ×2) [b]Special Attacks[/b] None [hr][/hr][highlight]Statistics[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]Str[/b] 18, [b]Dex[/b] 12, [b]Con[/b] 15, [b]Int[/b] 13, [b]Wis[/b] 12, [b]Cha[/b] 7 [b]BAB[/b] +1; [b]CMB[/b] +5; [b]CMD[/b] 16 [b]Traits[/b] Rough and ready, Surprise weapon, World traveler [b]Feats[/b] Combat expertise, Catch off-guard, Shikigami style [b]Skills[/b] Craft (Alchemy) +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +5, Knowledge (Local) +6, Perception +2, Profession (Cook) +5, Survival +5 [b]Languages[/b] Common, Draconic [b]SQ[/b] None [hr][/hr][b]Conditions[/b] None
Valeria Claudianus
Human Fighter [Free Hand Fighter] 1 CG
Init +1; Senses Perception +2
Defense
AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 (Armour +4, Dex +1)
HP 9 / 13
Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +1
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Short sword +5 (1d6+4; 19-20/×2)
Iron Skillet +8 (1d6+4; ×2)
Skewer +8 (1d6+4; ×2)
Cutting Knife +8 (1d6+4; ×2)
Torch +7 (1d4+4 plus 1 fire; ×2)
Ranged Skewer +5 (1d6+4; ×2)
Cutting Knife +5 (1d6+4; ×2)
Special Attacks None
Statistics
Str 18, Dex 12, Con 15, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 7
BAB +1; CMB +5; CMD 16
Traits Rough and ready, Surprise weapon, World traveler
Feats Combat expertise, Catch off-guard, Shikigami style
Skills Craft (Alchemy) +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +5, Knowledge (Local) +6, Perception +2, Profession (Cook) +5, Survival +5
Languages Common, Draconic
SQ None
Conditions None

spacer.png Actions

Heal (untrained) while trying to pretend she ain't…

Sleight of Hand (Untrained)

Perception

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)
Name
Heal (untrained)
1d20+1 12
Sleight of Hand (Untrained)
1d20+1 2
Perception
repeat(1d20+2,3) 15,11,10

Flint

flinthead.png.ee300edba32a8a8b94276bcfd10625df.png

"The Everlight is an amazing goddess. You're not one of her clergy, so you are free to follow the teachings of other gods without needing to stop following her. Many people follow her, Desna and Shelyn at the same. Flint replies to Rawanne.

"I'm just saying that you have talents and ability. If Falcon's Hollow doesn't appreciate you, somewhere else will."

While walking and talking, he allows Val to scootch up to him. He doesn't seem to notice her extra scrutiny.

Actions

Stat Block

Skills: Perc+9

S12 D12 C12 I12 W14 CHA 18     HP 7/9   AC17  Fort3 Ref 2 WillMovement  30'  (20' armor +10 domain)

starknife   +4 attack  1d4+4 dmg  x3 crit  20' range   

Sling  (stones)  +0 attack  1d3+1 dmg  x2  50' range

Channel  3/7 per day    DC14           

Bit of Luck  5/5 per day

Feat: Selective channel

Spells: Bless, bless , True strike

image.png.ddf9e9fd47ca75ba6d0ed7a28ef80e81.pngRawanne, level 1 half orc sorcerer Serpentine Bloodline
HP: 2/6, AC: 11, tAC: 11, ffAC: 10, CMD: 10, Init +6, Perception +0

Abilities: Serpent’s Fang (Ex), Darkvision 60', Orc Blood, Overlooked Mastermind, Conditions: None

"Oh, I couldn't be a priest. Too much responsibility. I'd only mess up and give the wrong advice," Rawanne explains, "What if i prayed to heal someone and it wasn't enough and they died? How would I forgive myself?"

"I'm not even very good at following Sarenrae. I've never even held a sword. I'm sure I'd just cut myself with it, if I did."

Actions

Move action: 

Standard action: 

Full round action: 

Show Spells

~Cantrips~

Acid Splash

Daze

Mage Hand

~First Level~ 2 of 4

Burning Hands

Charm Person

The Search for a Cure - Post 56

Night falls with the townsfolk -- now friend and allies -- arranged around the fire discussing their lives and their futures around the fire. With the risk of undead monstrosities roaming around the woods, foraging and hunting activities remain close to the campsite and the fire, despite the chill in the air, is kept relatively small, but with plenty of extra wood piled nearby to transform the modest flames into a full blaze should the need for light and fiery torches be needed in the night.

The eerie forest silence continues through the night. Birds, woodland creatures, and insects alike keep their chirps, yips, and buzzing to themselves, as if sensing the danger lurking in the air tonight. However, despite the unsettling quiet, nothing approaches the group or their fire, leaving the group to sleep through the night as well as they can, and begin the next day refreshed and eager to continue their journey.

During their trek south, it's Bella's keen senses that once again warn the group that something is amiss. "I smell smoke ... " she warns, but isn't able to elaborate more, warning the others that it could be anything from an improperly doused campfire to a distant tree burning from a errant lightning strike. Whatever the cause, the group should be on alert.

A few hours later, it's Flint who stops the group, asking, "Did anyone else here that?" In the distance, the sound of a distant, hollow 'thud' can be heard. The thick forest muffles the sound, obscuring the direction but, just as the group is about to move again, the sound is heard once more. Though, again, with nothing to help identify the source. But they cannot help but notice that the smell of smoke has gotten strong enough for everybody to catch the scent in the air.

There is some trepidation about the direction they're heading in, and some concern about skirting around the source of the noise and the smoke but, ultimately, it's decided that the mission is much too important. Lives are depending on them getting the ingredients and getting back to civilization. And so they continue on, until the reach a large clearing. An irregular circle of cleared and somewhat cultivated land, with a series of small cabins in the center. The source of the smoke is immediately apparent, as one of the cabins has caught fire. And again, the dull 'thud' is heard, coming from the direction of one of the intact buildings.

image.jpeg.ee455f4cccbfc0425229b5aa298f767f.jpeg

Statblock

Lummobella Ironback
Female Chaotic Good Bard (Dwarven Scholar)

Level 1, Init 1, HP 12/12, Speed 30'
AC 14, Touch 11, Flat-footed 13, CMD 12, Fort 4, Ref 4, Will 5, CMB +1, BAB 0   
Silversheen MC Dwarven Dorn-dergar  +2 (1d10+1, x2) Reach Weapon (variable), Bludgeon
Shortbow +1 (1d6 x3), 60' (Pierce)
Whip +1 (1d3+1, x2) 30' range (Slash), disarm, nonlethal, reach (15'), trip
Studded leather (+3 Armor, +5 max Dex)
Abilities Str 13, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 12
Condition Darkvision 60' 

At night, she would use her spells to make sure everybody was healed, or as much as she could and count on Flint for the rest. The following day she moves along, senses stretching to make sure that they wouldn't be ambushed. When they reached the small hamlet and saw the burning hut, she looked around to see where the thudding is coming from and if someone is already dousing the fire.

OOC

Name
perception
1d20+7 16

Posted (edited)

GM Interjection

The thumping sound is coming from the nearest of the three cabins that are not on fire. The group is approaching the house at an oblique angle from the rear, and the noise is coming from the front. Without moving, Bella cannot see what is making the noise. Likewise, whatever is making the noise cannot see Bella or the rest of the group.

Edited by CharmingSatyr (see edit history)
Name
Which house (1=closest)
1d3 1
Direction
1d8 3

HP: 6/6, AC: 11, tAC: 11, ffAC: 10, CMD: 10, Init +6, Perception +0

Rawanne quickly links the party members up with her message spells, she will relay messages to people so they can speak at a distance relatively quietly.

"I can feel that sound through the ground. What could it be? Mining? Maybe a siege engine?"

Actions

Move action: 

Standard action: Cast Message for every member of the party.

Full round action: 

Show Spells

~Cantrips~

Acid Splash

Daze

Mage Hand

~First Level~ 0 of 4

Burning Hands

Charm Person

Flint

flinthead.png.ee300edba32a8a8b94276bcfd10625df.pngAt least it isn't a forest fire, Flint thought to himself as they came upon the clearing. "Don't know. Let's expect the worse since the cabin is burning down. Flint replies to Rawanne.

Then he suggests "Let's go to the side of one of the other cabins, and peek around the corner. We don't want to run head first into something horrible ."

Actions

Stat Block

S12 D12 C12 I12 W14 CHA 18     HP 7/9   AC17  Fort3 Ref 2 WillMovement  30'  (20' armor +10 domain)

Channel  7/7 per day    DC14           

Bit of Luck  5/5 per day

Statblock

Lummobella Ironback

Silversheen MC Dwarven Dorn-dergar  +2 (1d10+1, x2) Reach Weapon (variable), Bludgeon
Condition Darkvision 60' 

"Good idea," Bella nodded to Flint before carefully moving forward to do as discussed, weapon ready. She found it strange that nobody was trying to put out the fire, but there was little she could do about that anyway, so best look around for something she could do something about.

OOC

GM Interjection

If the plan is to sneak around as a group, I'll need stealth checks from everyone, and descriptions of the plan. I'll toss up a map after work tonight, so there's a clear idea of what's in the area.

We'll probably do an average of the group's rolls to see how well y'all do.

AL9nZEWf5tbu1PGKWM66wSm-3n9j80yk3r99TpgE7Md9sL4dUaUgR6DmAgQ5-xaOoBGDlpccJow5sbqH3ehbcOTCCyCRYpi5fQ_YpRutmm0p7IyenH_SXlM9__WCQGHJZtGvQrzTu61-bII2povl0V5HNPH-=s256-no?authuser=0 Valeria Claudianus

spacer.png

Valeria had absolutely no idea what was going on. Smell of smoke, loud thudding. Some cabins in a clearing…

She was not participatory in part of the map reading and plan making the evenings before, so she looked cluelessly to the others and followed up behind, sticking close to Flint, taking the iron skillet out of her pack as she slowed her pace now…

spacer.png Statistics Block

[b][url=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2736624][color="DarkOrange"]Valeria Claudianus[/color][/url][/b] [i]Human Fighter [Free Hand Fighter] 1 CG[/i] [b]Init[/b] +1; [b]Senses[/b] Perception +2 [hr][/hr][highlight]Defense[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]AC[/b] 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 (Armour +4, Dex +1) [b]HP[/b] 9 / 13 [b]Fort[/b] +4, [b]Ref[/b] +1, [b]Will[/b] +1 [hr][/hr][highlight]Offense[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]Speed[/b] 30 ft. [b]Melee[/b] Short sword +5 (1d6+4; 19-20/×2) Iron Skillet +8 (1d6+4; ×2) Skewer +8 (1d6+4; ×2) Cutting Knife +8 (1d6+4; ×2) Torch +7 (1d4+4 plus 1 fire; ×2) [b]Ranged[/b] Skewer +5 (1d6+4; ×2) Cutting Knife +5 (1d6+4; ×2) [b]Special Attacks[/b] None [hr][/hr][highlight]Statistics[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]Str[/b] 18, [b]Dex[/b] 12, [b]Con[/b] 15, [b]Int[/b] 13, [b]Wis[/b] 12, [b]Cha[/b] 7 [b]BAB[/b] +1; [b]CMB[/b] +5; [b]CMD[/b] 16 [b]Traits[/b] Rough and ready, Surprise weapon, World traveler [b]Feats[/b] Combat expertise, Catch off-guard, Shikigami style [b]Skills[/b] Craft (Alchemy) +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +5, Knowledge (Local) +6, Perception +2, Profession (Cook) +5, Survival +5 [b]Languages[/b] Common, Draconic [b]SQ[/b] None [hr][/hr][b]Conditions[/b] None
Valeria Claudianus
Human Fighter [Free Hand Fighter] 1 CG
Init +1; Senses Perception +2
Defense
AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 (Armour +4, Dex +1)
HP 9 / 13
Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +1
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Short sword +5 (1d6+4; 19-20/×2)
Iron Skillet +8 (1d6+4; ×2)
Skewer +8 (1d6+4; ×2)
Cutting Knife +8 (1d6+4; ×2)
Torch +7 (1d4+4 plus 1 fire; ×2)
Ranged Skewer +5 (1d6+4; ×2)
Cutting Knife +5 (1d6+4; ×2)
Special Attacks None
Statistics
Str 18, Dex 12, Con 15, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 7
BAB +1; CMB +5; CMD 16
Traits Rough and ready, Surprise weapon, World traveler
Feats Combat expertise, Catch off-guard, Shikigami style
Skills Craft (Alchemy) +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +5, Knowledge (Local) +6, Perception +2, Profession (Cook) +5, Survival +5
Languages Common, Draconic
SQ None
Conditions None

spacer.png Actions

Draw iron skillet

Name
Stealth
1d20+1 18

Flint

flinthead.png.ee300edba32a8a8b94276bcfd10625df.pngQuietly as he can in his armor and gear, Flint sneaks forward with his starknife in his hand.

Actions

Stat Block

Channel  7/7 per day    DC14           

Bit of Luck  5/5 per day

Name
stealth
1d20-4 17

Statblock

Lummobella Ironback

Condition Darkvision 60' 

Bella was a lot of things, but stealthy wasn't the first that came to mind, unless it was accompanied by 'not at all'. But she did try to move forward as silently as possible. It went quite well until she dislodged a broomstick that was standing against a wall and it clattered against some metal rods also standing there.

OOC

I ROLLED A 5.

Edited by farothel (see edit history)
Name
stealth
1d20 5

HP: 6/6, AC: 11, tAC: 11, ffAC: 10, CMD: 10, Init +6, Perception +0

Rawanne tries sneaking in too, somewhat pleased that she probably won't be the worst at it. That is until she kicks the broom that Bella knocked over, causing it to bounce and skitter across the ground.

She cringes and whispers, "Sorry!" through the Message cantrip.

Actions

Move action: 

Standard action: Sneak in after Bella

Full round action: 

Show Spells

~Cantrips~

Acid Splash

Daze

Mage Hand

~First Level~ 0 of 4

Burning Hands

Charm Person