A Long-Expected Party: Character Creation Discussion

Blue Firebird

Well, if you want us to actually post stuff...

Atm I'm planning on building an inventor, proooobably an elf because I somehow never actually play elves. Concept at the moment is that they're fascinated with the ruins in the Fields of the Dead and the occasional bits of old magic or technology found there, and their Innovation is their biggest find ever from there, that they've been tinkering with/improving/repairing ever since. Probably a construct companion because I have this mental image of it waking up and protecting them from ghouls and then they wander back with this big robot-looking construct all overgrown with moss and stuff like "It followed me home! Can I keep it?"

It's probably still overgrown despite the repair work because they like the look 😛 Some ongoing maintenance is probably keeping all its moss healthy without it impairing functionality.

Probably the construct is here for melee busting and the inventor is primarily firing from range with some skillmonkey-ing, although things can be adjusted later.

Pertinent question: is the stuff in the Fields of the Dead from any particular civilization? Archaeologist background wants one for an additional lore.

Edited by Davkas (see edit history)

On 2/10/2023 at 12:19 PM, Davkas said:

Pertinent question: is the stuff in the Fields of the Dead from any particular civilization? Archaeologist background wants one for an additional lore.

What is commonly known: the so-called magic Kingdom of Garen and, rumor has it, another one. Both vanished well over 1000 years ago. The lands that Sunrise occupies, and many of the ruins in and around town, are where Garen used to reside thousands of years ago.

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2023 at 8:45 AM, TheWhitefire said:

Did you want us to use the little story prompts you have set up in the settings section for anything in particular?

You can if you want. It's to give some NPCs and life to the setting, and give you guys hooks to play with.

Decided to put this together to help organize things a little for us and the GM

Player Character Name Ancestry Class Alignment Background Heritage Beliefs    
Alex Sloane Mehri Allayblossom Kitsune Bard Neutral Good Herbalist Empty Sky Daikitsu    
VennDygrem Maca Ramadazi Vanara Swashbuckler Chaotic Good Gambler Sylph      
Davkas Amra Eltris Elf Inventor Chaotic Good Archeologist Moon Elf Labelas Enoreth    
Saithor Salva Duvraine Gnome Wizard Chaotic Neutral Criminal Tiefling The Hells    
Spade Azeria Galdua Kitsune Rogue NA Reborn Soul Frozen Wind      
Hati Kossk Stonehide Lizardfolk Monk Neutral Good Martial Disciple Tiefling      
Inash Thia Bimeir Dim Human Thaumaurge Neutral Good Printer Duskwalker      
Khakhan Elaria Sashrond Human Summoner Neutral Good Acrobat Half-Elf      
Whitefire Shayla of the Fields Human Witch Neutral Good Cultist Skilled Dusk Mother    
Amy Amara Lightstone Human Psychic Chaotic Good Feybound Half-elf      

Oooof.  
We have good strikers, but no heavy hitters.
Y'all want me to work up a different character?  Always happy to try something new.  Barbarian, Fighter, Champion, Attack-heavy Druid, Ranger?

Ok. I've switched from chalice to mirror for the first implement and moved an ability boost from Int to Dex to hit more often and add a little more AC. The mirror implement should give a flanking buddy.