General OOC

rogueblade0729

On 1/16/2024 at 6:48 PM, BobtheWizard said:

Congrats! New bow, new sword, and new level. Amdiran's a whole new man. :)

And more's coming! This is going to be a big fellowship phase, since Amdiran is going to come into his inheritance. rougeblade and I have been planning this for over a year!

Orn's going to go the reduce corruption route, as usual. Honestly, I'm stumped. I mentioned this before but I don't really see Orn leaving the Lonely Mountain once he returns unless something drastic happens and his friends come and get him. I also don't know that he'd do something around Bree for a year.

@Papa Bear Orn could always travel back to his cousins in the Blue Mountains, which would allow him to explore that area a little more. He could Meet a Patron in the form of the rulers of Baraz-dum, which may become which may come in handy later on (such as aiding the Men of Bree and the Rangers against Gorlanc, or offering adventure hooks beyond Bree-land). If he's particularly fond of any of his younger cousins, Orn may want to invest in their future as if he were to Raise an Heir, someone who can take over for him should he perish (also something to do with all your new money!). Lastly, since he is so mindful of death, perhaps Visiting the Vale of Tombs may provide him with some valuable insights for when he is recalled to Bree?

If you want, for all of Orn's good deeds over the last 2 in-game years, it would be perfectly reasonable to Receive a Title and become a Worthy of Bree. This wouldn't be something Orn seeks himself, but instead is bestowed on him by the grateful Bree-folk, which you are welcome to say that it happens now! In doing so, you'd not only be given some real authority in Bree, but you'd also receive a Holding, which is a great place for the Company to rally that's more secure from unfriendly eyes and ears than the Pony. It's also a great place to store all your newfound treasure, since you really can't carry it around with you on the Road without encumbering yourself. Alternatively, if you want Orn's reputation to be able to provide the Company with free room and board, you can instead Receive a Title and become a Regular at the Pony! That would fit in well with how much he seems to like being there, emptying their ale-barrels and filling their coffers.

Lastly, Orn can use the festivities and his love of good food and ale to Strength Fellowship with the others, making the most of the Yule season before they must once again brave unknown perils.

So you've definitely got some options that suit Orn's character up to this point, and several options for spending your money before it bogs you down next Adventuring Phase!

Edited by rogueblade0729 (see edit history)

16 hours ago, codexgigas said:

What would we like to choose for our Company’s undertaking during the Felllowship phase?

Something to do with finding Gorlanc? We have the tablet and a letter, so maybe Gather Rumors.

There are a couple of things that sound good in all of that. Or might actually try to gather rumors to find that dude while everybody's doing what they think they need to do. The thing I think I like the most was the meet a patron option if a small dwarven contingent came from Baraz Dum. Orn would very likely involve himself with them unless he discovered they were not noble people.

The housing thing might be very good for the group. But didn't seem right to me that he would get some honor that the rest of the group wouldn't. Except maybe at the prancing pony where he spends a lot of money

4 hours ago, grimlock said:

Something to do with finding Gorlanc? We have the tablet and a letter, so maybe Gather Rumors.

That would work for me, as long as we meet the prerequisites.

Amdiran lets the company pick one of the following undertakings for free: meet patron, research lore, or write a song.

It’s probably worth compiling what our proficiencies allow us to do as free undertakings.

3 hours ago, codexgigas said:

It’s probably worth compiling what our proficiencies allow us to do as free undertakings.

This is what if found looking at the list and each character sheet.

Amdiran: meet patron, research lore, or write a song

Leofwyn: strengthen fellowship

Galian: gather rumors

Orn: strengthen fellowship

21 hours ago, grimlock said:

This is what if found looking at the list and each character sheet.

Amdiran: meet patron, research lore, or write a song

Leofwyn: strengthen fellowship

Galian: gather rumors

Orn: strengthen fellowship

Thank you for putting this together! Are we all agreed that we want to gather rumors for the free undertaking?

I'm fine with that. We could also strengthen fellowship, spending the winter and our time together at the Pony. This would give Orn a chance to stay here. If anyone can't find something to do with their Fellowship time, training is always helpful to gain a new Virtue.

I thought the training only allowed you to improve a Virtue? Some of the cultural Virtues have additional benefits that you can unlock through training. The Dunedain one, for instance, lets you become better at fighting the undead.

In the elf one, it says something about the improvement taking a second or third Fellowship phase. I'll find the quote.

"You may later master the making of Elf-lights as your undertaking during a Fellowship phase; spending a third, and final, Fellowship phase undertaking allows you to discover the secret of Enchanted Sleep."

That seems to say you can spend your first to get the initial Virtue.

Edited by BobtheWizard (see edit history)