The Tavern - General OOC

cailano

This thread is for anything not related to the game. If you want to share some awesome OSR music or rave about a classic fantasy movie, this is the place for it. Anything goes as long as it's not against the game expectations (see the header for the link). Please be excellent to each other.

Guys, I messed up a moderation action earlier and I had to delete the original OOC and Tavern threads and then re-create them. I'm still learning Baldr. I'm glad I made that particular mistake early on!

Dragon, I accidentally deleted your question about trading weapons. Since that's game related, I'll answer in the OOC thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I just wanted to send you a link to a Kickstarter I'm really excited about. It's an "OSR Adjacent" game called Shadowdark, from game designer Kelsy Dione. I think she's one of the best in the business.

Shadowdark takes some cues from DCC and also from 5E but it's more like B/X than anything else. I love the way the dark itself is your primary enemy in the game, and the treasure and carousing rules look like a lot of fun

You can check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/shadowdarkrpg/shadowdark-rpg-old-school-gaming-modernized?ref=c670d4#

1 hour ago, Excior said:

could somebody possibly help me out and show me how to make a cool character sheet for my guys, my coding know how sucks.

1 hour ago, Draidden said:

If you see someone else's post/sheet you can click the clone button and it will copy it into your post without the quote block. Then you can just edit it to have your characters info. 

This is the way

1 hour ago, Draidden said:

If you see someone else's post/sheet you can click the clone button and it will copy it into your post without the quote block. Then you can just edit it to have your characters info. 

which one is the clone button? 

It's a reading list from the 1st edition DMG. It's the type of stories Gygax used for inspiration. I have an Appendix N topic in this game where I copied and pasted the list to.

No worries, though. There is a good chance you didn't catch the reference because you ARE cool instead of an irredeemable nerd like me.  Dear gods, my poor wife...