The Tavern - General OOC

cailano

Can't wait! I figured you were planning to string the adventures together, meaning continuity with where we left off in this game.

But I'm curious why set up a whole new game forum? Why not repurpose this one? You can make private threads if you need some secrety-secret GM stuff.

33 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Can't wait! I figured you were planning to string the adventures together, meaning continuity with where we left off in this game.

But I'm curious why set up a whole new game forum? Why not repurpose this one? You can make private threads if you need some secrety-secret GM stuff.

I don't really have a good answer. When I've run APs in the past I keep them all in one forum, but this campaign I pictured as a string of loosely-comnected adventures where players could bow out for one and come back later for another, so I thought I'd keep them in separate forums.

Also, doing it this way is better for re-reading old adventures, which I enjoy doing.

It's definitely more work, though, and I'm pretty lazy. We'll see how things work out long term.

I think both characters could be useful. You never know what is going to happen in a DCC game. Two thieves could become one very quickly.

That said, ranger-type characters are also useful.

So, I'd just go with whatever character seems like the most fun to play.

2 hours ago, cailano said:

I don't really have a good answer. When I've run APs in the past I keep them all in one forum, but this campaign I pictured as a string of loosely-comnected adventures where players could bow out for one and come back later for another, so I thought I'd keep them in separate forums.

Also, doing it this way is better for re-reading old adventures, which I enjoy doing.

It's definitely more work, though, and I'm pretty lazy. We'll see how things work out long term.

Absolutely fair. I was just curious. I'm kind of anal about digital organization lol

1 hour ago, Excior said:

-Will we be hamstrung running two thieves do you guys think?

No clue. I still follow the "half the party is a melee character, the other half can do whatever" mindset. As long as we're keeping the enemy away from you, you can do whatever. That comes down to: do you wanna watch for tricky traps like you've been doing, or do you wanna kick ass from range and that's about it? (I assume Bar is a warrior focused on agility instead of strength?)

45 minutes ago, cailano said:

So, I'd just go with whatever character seems like the most fun to play.

Ultimately, this.