The Tavern - General OOC

cailano

Congratulations to us all on reaching (one way or another) the end of this exciting game!

If we fail here, do hope the next game will not be in the same universe with the risen Chaos Lord. 🙂

15 hours ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Huzzah! Glad to be here. 10/10 would bear witness to the rebirthing of a Chaos Lord again.

I've never taken the time to count up posts in my games. Interesting metric.

Yeah, I think I might be the only one that does it but, in my mind, a game isn't successful until it reaches 1000 game posts.

I don't really need to count them, though. I only watch two threads and MW counts posts for me.

What I'm curious about is where all the extra views come from. Even if all of us look at each post a couple of times, I'd only expect a fraction of those views. Who is reading this game besides us? Hope they like it! It might just be bots.

Screenshot2023-04-28at11_16_58AM.png.349655a1e83d57a09d3444f0c79c8d73.png

Well, this looks amazing...

https://goodman-games.com/store/product/dungeon-crawl-classics-100-the-music-of-the-spheres-is-chaos-print-pdf/

The Music of the Spheres is Chaos is a 112-page dungeon from the same mad genius who wrote Sailors on the Starless Sea. It's got a crazy in-game/IRL spinning puzzle that changes the dungeon map, the PCs, and the nature of reality. By way of comparison, Sailors is only 20 pages long.

I've already pre-ordered it. I don't know how that puzzle would translate to PbP, but it will be fun to try to figure something out.

Plus, you just have to love the titles of DCC modules.

I love this part of the marketing fluff:

"You won’t mistake this dungeon for any other adventure, anywhere, ever."

From a lesser company that would get a shrug from me at best. From DCC, I think it has a good chance of being a statement of fact.

Schedule Update

This is going to be a not-great week for me, gaming-wise. Today is looking pretty busy at work, although I'll try to get at least a couple of OOC posts up later today.

I'll be out of town tomorrow, so I likely will not post at all.

Thursday and Friday should be normal-ish.

Goals

I want to write up a few posts for a "Behind the Screen" wrap-up that I like to do when a group closes out a module. It's just some anecdotes of what the game looked like from the GM's perspective, and I'll also show off some of the gorgeous artwork in the module.

I want to go over all of the new character sheets.

I want to start getting the game for the next adventure set up and ready to start inviting you guys to join. That process will take up some time next week, as well, but I'm hopeful that we'll be able to start IC posts by the end of next week.

6 minutes ago, cailano said:

Schedule Update

This is going to be a not-great week for me, gaming-wise. Today is looking pretty busy at work, although I'll try to get at least a couple of OOC posts up later today.

I'll be out of town tomorrow, so I likely will not post at all.

Thursday and Friday should be normal-ish.

Goals

I want to write up a few posts for a "Behind the Screen" wrap-up that I like to do when a group closes out a module. It's just some anecdotes of what the game looked like from the GM's perspective, and I'll also show off some of the gorgeous artwork in the module.

I want to go over all of the new character sheets.

I want to start getting the game for the next adventure set up and ready to start inviting you guys to join. That process will take up some time next week, as well, but I'm hopeful that we'll be able to start IC posts by the end of next week.

Awesome

I am curious what was in the well? 

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

Thanks for the heads-up.

Can we play somewhere meanwhile? Like discussing disappeared comrades, checking out items and trying them, wondering where we are?

Good morning everyone, or at least it's morning here in sunny California.

Today I'm going to take a look at all your leveled-up characters and hopefully get the new game set up. Exciting times!

On 5/3/2023 at 3:02 AM, Dixi said:

Thanks for the heads-up.

Can we play somewhere meanwhile? Like discussing disappeared comrades, checking out items and trying them, wondering where we are?

Ordinarily, this wouldn't be an idea I'd object to, but the beginning of the next game is going to follow so hard on the end of this one that there's no in-game time for extra RP.