Welcome all players!

Jedaii

29 minutes ago, Civit said:

@JedaiiNikki is at Stanford. At her top speed it is roughly 4 minutes to SF. Should I hold of a few rounds for travel time or are we meta gaming it that I started moving as soon as the shadow appeared?

Did you post that she was in Stanford? That's an hour from SF (37 miles). She wouldn't even be near the action. 

On 3/8/2023 at 12:19 AM, Civit said:

Its only 25 as the crow flies and my flight speed is 375mph or 6.25mpm so 4 minutes 25 miles

Yeah. For the purposes of the storm, UCSF would've been better - but I understand a Stanford degree carries so much more weight with potential employers 😁

I'll just make sure the storm covers the entirety of Northern CA. 

8 hours ago, Jedaii said:

Yeah. For the purposes of the storm, UCSF would've been better - but I understand a Stanford degree carries so much more weight with potential employers 😁

I'll just make sure the storm covers the entirety of Northern CA. 

With her backstory loving aeronautics and Stanford being a top 3 school in aeronautics (behind MIT and CalTech both WAY out of the bay area). Besides last time I was down there there is almost no break in the urban sprawl between Palo Alto and SF 😛 Not like when I lived in San Mateo or even when my parents were in Atherton (and that was THIS century hehe) 

8 hours ago, Civit said:

With her backstory loving aeronautics and Stanford being a top 3 school in aeronautics (behind MIT and CalTech both WAY out of the bay area). Besides last time I was down there there is almost no break in the urban sprawl between Palo Alto and SF 😛 Not like when I lived in San Mateo or even when my parents were in Atherton (and that was THIS century hehe) 

lol @ "urban sprawl" 😆 Where I grew up in the East Bay there used to be space but now it's so packed in. I won't even go into living in "the city" ... 😗

17 hours ago, Jedaii said:

lol @ "urban sprawl" 😆 Where I grew up in the East Bay there used to be space but now it's so packed in. I won't even go into living in "the city" ... 😗

I lived all over the bay area... houses were my parents hobby almost. San Mateo, SF proper (The Heights, The Marina... don't know where their 1st apt was I was too young), Piedmont and Orinda (my toon in one of the other Supers games I'm in is named Orinda hehe)

12 hours ago, Civit said:

I lived all over the bay area... houses were my parents hobby almost. San Mateo, SF proper (The Heights, The Marina... don't know where their 1st apt was I was too young), Piedmont and Orinda (my toon in one of the other Supers games I'm in is named Orinda hehe)

You were in the best places! For me Newark, Fremont, Hayward, Richmond, Oakland, Berkeley, SF, and all spots in between. 

Well we have 3 posts from 6 players. I'll update when we have more but below is a map of downtown SF & big nasty (located at Mission & 1st):

SGSF.png.ee6cf7c63cc651e6e3427619fa3d77e4.png

19 minutes ago, Civit said:

So for Nikki, how many rounds before she can act. Or are we all arriving at the monster at our different speeds at the same time?

I'll handwave the distance (since I didn't know her location) getting her closer for gaming purposes. She'll still need to make the Green Psyche FEAT for seeing the shadow-giant and, if successful, can take actions.

Spending Karma to manipulate die rolls: Whenever making a FEAT roll, the player may change the die roll by declaring, before combat begins, that she is spending Karma on the result. At this point, the player is committed to spend at least 10 Karma points (or her remaining reserve, if less than 10). After rolling the dice, a number equal to the amount of Karma spent is added to the result (at least 10 points, or the amount remaining). The player does not have to declare how much Karma is spent on the roll, only that she will be spending Karma.

I mean, my character was only approved two days ago, it would have been rather difficult for me to post before that.  Yesterday and Sunday were just busy.

EDIT: I forgot to say I was spending Karma but apparently that was a good thing because I didn't need it.

Edited by Llyarden (see edit history)
Name
Psyche
1d100 73