Welcome all players!

Jedaii

I'd been assuming that the Incredible FEAT was if I tried to replicate a recognisable statue of a person or something.  I was more envisaging using it (for instance) in conjunction with my Illusion-Casting to do the whole 'Illusion/Shapeshift into a form with sticky feet' idea I was thinking of earlier but have it actually work this time (or I guess also to create a barrier from the wind), and - at least in my version of the book - animated forms are only Typical FEATs.

I'm not sure about the duration though, my version of the book doesn't have that clause at all.  (Although as far as I can see there doesn't seem to be any limit on how often it can be used, so outside of combat I could just keep recreating the object?)

Edited by Llyarden (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, Llyarden said:

I'd been assuming that the Incredible FEAT was if I tried to replicate a recognisable statue of a person or something.  I was more envisaging using it (for instance) in conjunction with my Illusion-Casting to do the whole 'Illusion/Shapeshift into a form with sticky feet' idea I was thinking of earlier but have it actually work this time (or I guess also to create a barrier from the wind), and - at least in my version of the book - animated forms are only Typical FEATs.

I'm not sure about the duration though, my version of the book doesn't have that clause at all.  (Although as far as I can see there doesn't seem to be any limit on how often it can be used, so outside of combat I could just keep recreating the object?)

My mistake: I was reading the "Animate Image" entry where I saw 'only lasted 1-10 rounds'. But, I'm still not sure Disco could give himself powers similar to Shapeshifting since he isn't changing shape - instead he's creating something that would have physical properties (kind of like Create or Summon from M&M 3e). Illusion-Casting + Energy Solidification is actually a very broad use of Matter Creation, Energy Emission, Force Field and several other powers. The damage done by any attacks and the toughness of created objects would equal the rank of Energy Solidification. But, the power couldn't directly alter physical objects/people like Shapechange - Others or Matter Conversion. 

Thoughts?

Yeah, he wouldn't be changing shape per se; my assumption was that Illusion-Casting duplicates Shapeshifting by essentially overlaying the illusion of whatever shape you've transformed into on top of you, so if I combined Illusion-Casting and Energy Solidification I was thinking it would also put his Energy Solidification construct on top of himself, and he could basically ride inside it?

The alternative is I just keep the basic build he started with and - since in terms of point buy he's only at like 250 or so - just add on extra powers to get up to the 400 point buy that other folks have, but I'd rather keep with my random generation as much as possible.

11 minutes ago, Llyarden said:

Yeah, he wouldn't be changing shape per se; my assumption was that Illusion-Casting duplicates Shapeshifting by essentially overlaying the illusion of whatever shape you've transformed into on top of you, so if I combined Illusion-Casting and Energy Solidification I was thinking it would also put his Energy Solidification construct on top of himself, and he could basically ride inside it?

The alternative is I just keep the basic build he started with and - since in terms of point buy he's only at like 250 or so - just add on extra powers to get up to the 400 point buy that other folks have, but I'd rather keep with my random generation as much as possible.

I'm okay with him riding inside animated creations as long as the appropriate power FEAT is made. Disco would essentially have powers similar to Marvel's Molecule Man, which is considerable. But it's your choice if you decide to go with Point-Buy instead.

How could Invulnerable help at the moment? I'm thinking maybe evacuating any people who couldn't take shelter, rescuing people stuck in their cars and maybe moving cars to the side of the road so they're not blocking it. I would roll any FEAT according to what's possible.

Also, this is the second time MW/Baldr didn't show the new replies in the IC thread, I only noticed by manually checking them, so sorry about taking this long to reply.

Edited by eltorin (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, eltorin said:

How could Invulnerable help at the moment? I'm thinking maybe evacuating any people who couldn't take shelter, rescuing people stuck in their cars and maybe moving cars to the side of the road so they're not blocking it. I would roll any FEAT according to what's possible.

Also, this is the second time MW/Baldr didn't show the new replies in the IC thread, I only noticed by manually checking them, so sorry about taking this long to reply.

Yeah your ideas are perfect for helping people and we can cover the rescues narratively without rolls (I think). They've been working on Baldr for awhile so there will be issues 🙃

9 hours ago, Jedaii said:

Yeah your ideas are perfect for helping people and we can cover the rescues narratively without rolls (I think). They've been working on Baldr for awhile so there will be issues 🙃

Great, thank you, I was a bit unsure; let's do this. 🙂

1 minute ago, Harding said:

I'll try to post tonight guys.  I have tougher time with my health, but I'm starting to feel better.  Please bear with me 🙂

I'm slowing my post rate a day or so. No worries.

I would like for Invulnerable to try and make a good first impression, so to speak, so I'd like to use 10 Karma (has only GD P,syche so we'll see how far this will take him :)).

Here goes the Psyche FEAT.

Edit: aand, Invulnerable is mentally Stunned, with 10 Karma spent (currently at 30).

Name
Psyche (GD/10)
1d100 16

19 minutes ago, eltorin said:

I would like for Invulnerable to try and make a good first impression, so to speak, so I'd like to use 10 Karma (has only GD P,syche so we'll see how far this will take him 🙂).

Here goes the Psyche FEAT.

Edit: aand, Invulnerable is mentally Stunned, with 10 Karma spent (currently at 30).

Invulnerable is at 40 Karma: everyone gained 10 Karma earlier for relationships 😉

5 minutes ago, Jedaii said:

Invulnerable is at 40 Karma: everyone gained 10 Karma earlier for relationships 😉

Oh, that's right, thank you! I even noted it on the sheet, but still misremembered. :)