Deleted Scenes (OOC Conversation)

DoNotFearToTread

3 hours ago, DoNotFearToTread said:

So a Prime attribute is, presumably, one that your character has natural talent or practiced skill in using. When you roll a check or save with a Prime attribute, your DC (target number to hit) starts at 12 before any challenge levels (additional difficulty factors like opponents level or situational mods) are added. If you roll a secondary attribute, the DC starts at 18 before any challenge levels. It's a big jump and makes Prime attributes much easier to succeed with. If you check your class abilities for both classes, you'll likely find an attribute called out for some abilities that you may want to make Prime.

Gotcha. In that case, all my abilities still only use Wisdom. It's a weird class combo. I think I'll go with Constitution anyways (Barb's prime) for the hopes of being "tougher". Dex makes sense for the Elf angle though.

Things to added to help "faux" witch for bonus:

Hat, feathers and charcoal pencil to enhance disguise.

Bag of 'magic' (ordinary) dust to throw around as a special effect!

Plus, Create Water upon the witch's command, in addition to Silence spell.

Edited by Terran (see edit history)

Before this gets too far in, I just want to informally double-check our positioning.

1) Is our current hiding place located where we can all help execute the plan?

(In light of possibly tossing a flask of burning oil, presumably at a non-living target)

2) Or do any of us have to move to make the plan work?

3) If any of us have to relocate, what options of cover and remaining hidden as we move exist in the immediate area?

Edited by Terran (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Hoping my little tirade there was taken in a good light. Still trying to pin down Val's attitude. I really do enjoy Edgewick and his proclivity to be verbose.

Absolutely taken in good light ;) Found it hilarious, top to bottom, and glad he's landing as intended.

On 11/23/2023 at 5:11 AM, Terran said:

Before this gets too far in, I just want to informally double-check our positioning.

1) Is our current hiding place located where we can all help execute the plan?

(In light of possibly tossing a flask of burning oil, presumably at a non-living target)

2) Or do any of us have to move to make the plan work?

3) If any of us have to relocate, what options of cover and remaining hidden as we move exist in the immediate area?

Sorry I'm just getting to this. Holiday weekends are always a lot.

I believe the only specific thing I noted earlier was that there is a clear cut area out twenty feet from the base of the tower that would require some form of stealth effort to pass into. The tree line is thick enough that you can move among it without any checks for staying hidden. I also assume everyone positioned themselves appropriate to their part in the plan so things should only change if the lizardfolk don't break for it after the performance.

I'm sitting down to get caught up on posting today so we'll know more about that soon.

50 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

No worries, i took the whole weekend off from everything so i just got caught up too.

So does C&C split combat into phases like movement, missiles, melee, etc? Or is it just take your whole turn like more modern systems?

Good question. Thankfully, in trying to capture that old school feel they didn't fall into the trap of old school segments and weapon speeds and stuff that really bogs down the flow.

You can take your whole turn at once like more modern systems. Move and attack, cast a spell, move and hide...whatever your deal is.

17 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

My bad, it didn't register that we got into round 2 already. I'll need to look up what my spell does exactly but then I'll post tonight. Look for that in a few hours (I'm off in one hour)

No worries. I won't be able to get my response up until tomorrow so everything is on pace.