Deleted Scenes (OOC Conversation)

DoNotFearToTread

Sorry that didn't come in before the weekend. Holidays and work conspired against me.

Question for everyone. How do people want to handle DM dice rolling? Do you want them in the post as I did on the last one, keeping everything forward facing and on the table? Secret rolls like enemy sneaking and the like excepted, obviously. I'm offering that up primarily because this is a learning game for all of us so if you want to see what is happening on my side of the screen, I'm happy to do that.

21 hours ago, DoNotFearToTread said:

Sorry that didn't come in before the weekend. Holidays and work conspired against me.

Question for everyone. How do people want to handle DM dice rolling? Do you want them in the post as I did on the last one, keeping everything forward facing and on the table? Secret rolls like enemy sneaking and the like excepted, obviously. I'm offering that up primarily because this is a learning game for all of us so if you want to see what is happening on my side of the screen, I'm happy to do that.

If you don't mind showing it, sure. Transparency does help to learn a system.

Ditto - especially now where we're all adjusting to C&C. With five editions and twice that in D&D retroclones and small-press fantasy heart-breakers rattling around in my skull it's useful to see the math laid out while I'm relearning it.

I would maybe suggest that in some future encounters you withhold the HP totals for enemies though? AC I get us knowing and we'd divine it after a few to-hit rolls anyway, but knowing the oppositions HP has the potential to skew our approach to combat and would end up factored into the choice to push, parley, retreat etc. I think the question will really be do you want us to know exactly how much crat our PC's are potentially in any given round 😅

48 minutes ago, Cirlot said:

Ditto - especially now where we're all adjusting to C&C. With five editions and twice that in D&D retroclones and small-press fantasy heart-breakers rattling around in my skull it's useful to see the math laid out while I'm relearning it.

I would maybe suggest that in some future encounters you withhold the HP totals for enemies though? AC I get us knowing and we'd divine it after a few to-hit rolls anyway, but knowing the oppositions HP has the potential to skew our approach to combat and would end up factored into the choice to push, parley, retreat etc. I think the question will really be do you want us to know exactly how much crat our PC's are potentially in any given round 😅

That is definitely in the plan. This level of transparency is exclusively for this test combat. With so much access to divine magic, there are undoubtedly some spell effects that I'd be traipsing over with that much freedom of information.