OOC

Jedaii

Orcs win initiative and continue the assault:

Dekmal is downed (0 HP) by the Orc leader, while Hall's Orc misses so badly he stumbles and falls off the mountain (gone)!

Players can now take their turns with their PC actions. All PCs should have seen Dekmal go down.

Edited by Jedaii (see edit history)
Name
Orc 1 vs. Dekmal
1d20-1 19
Orc 1 damage
1d8 8
Orc 2 vs. Hall
1d20-1 1
Orc 2 damage
1d8 3
Orc 3 vs. Valeros
1d20-1 15
Orc 3 damage
1d8 6
Orc 4 vs. Gabriel
1d20-1 10
Orc 4 damage
1d8 4

3 minutes ago, guitarist said:

@Jedaii, could Val step into Dekmal’s square, and still attack Orc 3 this round?

Yes. You can move and take an action on the same round. I confuse "round" and "turn" but rounds are what really matter during combat. Turns are 10 rounds/minutes and rounds are 10 segments (segment = 6 seconds). I'll update any PC movement on the next map.

1 minute ago, Jedaii said:

@guitarist I missed something: if Val moves the orc attacking him gets a free attack so shifting position could be lethal.

Ok, that’s what I was concerned about, I’ll just blow him up from where I am then.

Name
Attack
5; 8
1d20+1;1d8+1 [4]; [4,7]

Llodin Elowyn will attempt to move two squares to the north, just above Hall, and hurl his dart at the lone orc (#1) who is not engaged in melee. Is that a tree north of Val? If so, I will try to use that as cover.

PS. Are we still declaring intentions before the action (i.e. dice rolls) takes place?

EDIT: Sorry, got my characters mixed up! 😄

Edited by StevetheNPC (see edit history)

43 minutes ago, StevetheNPC said:

Llodin will attempt to move two squares to the north, just above Hall, and hurl his dart at the lone orc (#1) who is not engaged in melee. Is that a tree north of Val? If so, I will try to use that as cover.

PS. Are we still declaring intentions before the action (i.e. dice rolls) takes place?

No declaration now that combat has begun. You can just take whatever action works for your PC and yes the tree can be used for partial cover. 

52 minutes ago, StevetheNPC said:

Regarding the range for a dart (1.5/3/4.5), are these 1 inch squares on the map? So, being three squares away, a thrown dart would be at medium range, which is a -2 penalty?

The map is not 100% range specific but yes, I'd say the distance is medium (-2 penalty to hit). 

Combat Note: I have not been using the Weapon Speed and Armor Adjustment statistics. I just find them a little too fiddly and they can put a PC at a serious disadvantage. But, if players want I will use those rules.