The Road to Taggun Hold

Blick

spacer.pngJocelyn of the Dawn

LG Human Paladin, AC: 2, HP: 6/7

Surprised and wounded, Jocelyn remembered Thyrdimeses's cold welcome the night before. It all started to make sense; the paladin only hoped that Father Lerhem had not chosen the same path.

He raised his longsword and attacked the priest that had wounded him - only to miss miserably once again.

Edited by Leonidas1789 (see edit history)
Name
Longsword Attack
1d20 2

image.png.db3239427ff5621fd636d3f978279af0.png"I WILL SEND YOU TO THE NINE HELLS FOR THIS TRECHERY!" Gabriel pulls his great sword from its scabbard and attacks one of the evil priests.

Name
2-handed sword attack
1d20+2 10
damage
1d10+3 7

Iomedae's Temple

Everyone:

Gabriel cuts down one of the priests with his sword blow! Seeing his ally incapacitated, the last priest hesitates, then turns to run away!

Combat AOO

Attacks can be made at the fleeing priest (by players who haven't attacked yet) with a +2 bonus!

Merrick did not hide his sneer as the supposed holy men showed their true nature, and within their own temple. Even if his path was different, it was a grave offense.

Seeing one cut down by the vengeful Gabriel, the brave priest whipped his flail around and at the back of the second who sought to flee.

Edited by Blick (see edit history)
Name
flail
5; 3
1d20;2d4 [5]; [5,1,2]

Hall and Valeros

hank_3_face.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/fLaUvHH.pngCG, Ulfen Human, Thief [0 XP] | AC 5 HP 3

NG, Chelaxian Human, Fighter [0 XP] | AC 3 HP 10

Hall and Val are surprised by these treacherous tactics and are still as confused by everyone's violent behavior without understanding the true underlying cause. They share a look and charge at the fleeing priest hoping to tackle the old robed none athletic man to the ground to get some answers.

OoC: They need answers so they are going to beat it out of this priest.

Character Sheet

Hall Thorormsson
CG, Ulfen Human, Thief (+10% XP) [0 XP]

AC 5 HP 3

Abilities:
17 STR +1 hit, +1 dmg
12 INT +3 languages (--,--,--)
09 WIS
16 DEX +1 reaction/att adj, -2 defense adj
10 CON
11 CHA 4 max henchmen

Saving Throws:
13 Paralysis, Poison or Death Magic
12 Petrification or Polymorph
14 Rod, Staff or Wand
15 Breath Weapon
16 Spells

Thief Abilities:
30% Pick Pockets
30% Open Locks
20% Find / Remove Traps
15% Move silently
10% Hide in Shadows
10% Hear Noises
85% Climbs Walls
--% Read Languages

Thieves' Cant
Backstabbing +4 hit from behind (surprised) x2 dmg (level 1-4), x3 (levels 5-8), x4 (levels 9-12), x5 (levels 13-16)

Proficiencies:
Weapon [2] +1/4 levels
Dagger 1d4 sm / 1d3 l
Longsword 1d8 sm / 1d12 l 

Non-Weapon [1]
Painting

Equipment:

Starting Gold 100gp -76gp

Daggers (2) - 4gp
Longsword -15gp
Studded Leather - 15gp
Hat -7sp, Cloak -5sp, Girdle -2gp, Belt -3sp, Belt pouches (2) -30sp, Boots -1gp

Backpack -2gp, Sack -16cp
Wineskin -15sp, Rations (1wk) -3gp
Thieve's Tools -30gp, Tinder Box -1gp

Current Gold 24gp, 8sp, 4 cp

+50gp (for sharing a backstory with another player [guitarist])

Valeros
NG, Chelaxian Human, Fighter (+10% XP) [0 XP]

AC 3 HP 10

Abilities:
17 STR +1 hit, +1 dmg
13 INT +3 languages (--,--,--)
13 WIS
11 DEX
13 CON 85% sys shock, 90% res
10 CHA 4 max henchmen

Saving Throws:
14 Paralysis, Poison or Death Magic
15 Petrification or Polymorph
16 Rod, Staff or Wand
17 Breath Weapon
17 Spells

Proficiencies:
Weapon [2] +1/4 levels
Dagger 1d4 sm / 1d3 l
Bastard sword 1d8 sm / 1d12 l 
Hammer 1d4+1 sm / 1d4 l
Longbow 1d6 sm / 1d6 l 

Non-Weapon [1]
?

Equipment:

Splint Mail armor
Large shield
Bastard sword
Daggers (2)
Hammer
Longbow (12)

Backpack
Wineskin, Rations
Oil, Torches, Rope, Tinderbox,
Boots, Belt, Girdle, Cloak, Hat, Pouches

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)
Name
Hall Tackle
1d20+3 11
Valeros Tackle
1d20+3 12

dekmal.jpg.a316c876303eb89840fa09378bcc219a.jpg

Dekmal pulled out his bow and prepped it once the priest that stabbed him had turned to run away, then held ready as he saw two others running after to tackle the priest.

"This is going downhill really fast. Salvation in the temple... perhaps a way out of town?"

He glances over towards Jocelyn, "Perhaps it's time to test out that spot in the floor I found..."

Iomedae's Temple

Everyone:

The party sees Valeros and Hall tackle the priest, holding him around the head and pinning his arms with a bearhug! The priest yells, "AAAAHHHH!!! HELP ME! THEY'RE TRYING TO KILL ME!!"

Motion from the town's main street reveals a crowd of armed guards and residents approaching quickly ...!

Merrick turned to eye the approaching mob warily. At least they had an idea of who the cultists were now.

The priest tried to mark as many faces as he could from the crowd, as he suggested to his companions, "Whatever we do, it best be quickly done. Inside, at least, to get out of their direct sight."

The Temple of Iomedae

Screenshot2023-05-04123936.png.8b8088b86da043d05bf17bf5f2766701.png

Everyone:

Kwayele.png.7ae8c5aa70ebfda370d14a19c5346039.png

As the party rushes into the temple, they pass through the foyer and into the main hall and see Lerhem, the aged chief priest praying quietly at the altar located at the far end of the sanctuary. His eyes blink open, but he keeps his folded hands resting on the dais, "Oh! Sir Jocelyn! You've returned! Iomedae is good! I was just praying for your safe passage. There is something foul afoot ... something that has plagued me since I arrived here ... so long ago. Wh-what is your company doing with Thyrdimeses there? Is he not well?"

Hall and Valeros

hank_3_face.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/fLaUvHH.pngCG, Ulfen Human, Thief [0 XP] | AC 5 HP 3

NG, Chelaxian Human, Fighter [0 XP] | AC 3 HP 10

Hall and Val restrain the villainous priest and say, "Where can we put him for safe keeping?" Val has some rope in his will tie up the priest while Hall holds him in place.

OoC: The two of them will tie up the priest.

Character Sheet

Hall Thorormsson
CG, Ulfen Human, Thief (+10% XP) [0 XP]

AC 5 HP 3

Abilities:
17 STR +1 hit, +1 dmg
12 INT +3 languages (--,--,--)
09 WIS
16 DEX +1 reaction/att adj, -2 defense adj
10 CON
11 CHA 4 max henchmen

Saving Throws:
13 Paralysis, Poison or Death Magic
12 Petrification or Polymorph
14 Rod, Staff or Wand
15 Breath Weapon
16 Spells

Thief Abilities:
30% Pick Pockets
30% Open Locks
20% Find / Remove Traps
15% Move silently
10% Hide in Shadows
10% Hear Noises
85% Climbs Walls
--% Read Languages

Thieves' Cant
Backstabbing +4 hit from behind (surprised) x2 dmg (level 1-4), x3 (levels 5-8), x4 (levels 9-12), x5 (levels 13-16)

Proficiencies:
Weapon [2] +1/4 levels
Dagger 1d4 sm / 1d3 l
Longsword 1d8 sm / 1d12 l 

Non-Weapon [1]
Painting

Equipment:

Starting Gold 100gp -76gp

Daggers (2) - 4gp
Longsword -15gp
Studded Leather - 15gp
Hat -7sp, Cloak -5sp, Girdle -2gp, Belt -3sp, Belt pouches (2) -30sp, Boots -1gp

Backpack -2gp, Sack -16cp
Wineskin -15sp, Rations (1wk) -3gp
Thieve's Tools -30gp, Tinder Box -1gp

Current Gold 24gp, 8sp, 4 cp

+50gp (for sharing a backstory with another player [guitarist])

Valeros
NG, Chelaxian Human, Fighter (+10% XP) [0 XP]

AC 3 HP 10

Abilities:
17 STR +1 hit, +1 dmg
13 INT +3 languages (--,--,--)
13 WIS
11 DEX
13 CON 85% sys shock, 90% res
10 CHA 4 max henchmen

Saving Throws:
14 Paralysis, Poison or Death Magic
15 Petrification or Polymorph
16 Rod, Staff or Wand
17 Breath Weapon
17 Spells

Proficiencies:
Weapon [2] +1/4 levels
Dagger 1d4 sm / 1d3 l
Bastard sword 1d8 sm / 1d12 l 
Hammer 1d4+1 sm / 1d4 l
Longbow 1d6 sm / 1d6 l 

Non-Weapon [1]
?

Equipment:

Splint Mail armor
Large shield
Bastard sword
Daggers (2)
Hammer
Longbow (12)

Backpack
Wineskin, Rations
Oil, Torches, Rope, Tinderbox,
Boots, Belt, Girdle, Cloak, Hat, Pouches

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)

spacer.pngJocelyn of the Dawn

LG Human Paladin, AC: 2, HP: 6/7

Jocelyn was relieved to enter the temple once more - here, they would find shelter.

"May Iomedae's blessing be upon Father." he told Lerhem as he approached the old man.

"There is indeed something foul afoot. My friend here was attacked during the night by a woman who claimed his soul was now hers; she tried to stab him with a dagger."

"And for that, the innkeep and the guards were about to lynch us this morning. They projected a strong aura of evil, which I was able to detect thanks to Iomedae' guidance."

He paused.

"I regret to inform you that Thyrdimeses and another man dressed as a priest attacked us with daggers. Those men cannot possibly be true priests of Iomedae... Remember Thyrdimeses' cold welcome yesterday; hospitality should be and is a central tenet of our Faith." he said.

Edited by Leonidas1789 (see edit history)

The Temple of Iomedae

Kwayele.png.7ae8c5aa70ebfda370d14a19c5346039.png

Everyone:

Lerhem brings a hand up to his mouth in silent shock! Then the sound of a crowd rises from outside! The old priest points at the entrance, "BAR THE DOOR! THEY CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO DEFILE THIS HOLY PLACE! THEY ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE DARKNESS!" He steps from the altar and slowly strides towards the door, "Yes! My Lady of Valor has been trying to warn me for years! I felt their infernal machinations going on about me, coiling like a snake, their wicked intentions hidden behind smiles! But, I ignored it - the premonitions of my Lady - oh, Iomedae, please forgive an old fool! In twenty years, when none of them had died -- when no children had been born, I should have seen the truth of it! Skyhaven is CURSED!! Sir Jocelyn, you and your companions must escape this place, before it is too late!"

The Temple

The temple double-doors have simple metal locks at the top and bottom of both doors to secure it once closed. Lerhem is walking for a rear pew as if looking for something near the floor there - Dekmal and Jocelyn will know of the trapdoor hidden there.

Edited by Jedaii (see edit history)

image.png.db3239427ff5621fd636d3f978279af0.pngGabriel rushes to the doors and slams them shut then places the huge bar across the door to prevent them from gaining entry. He also latches it shut if there is such a thing on the door.

"We have locked ourselves in with no way out. I hope this god of yours will step in on our behalf."

the Northman rejoins his companions once the door is barred from the inside.