The Road to Taggun Hold

Blick

The Red Boar

Soon after the adventurers lay down they are sound asleep, fatigued from the long journey, the Ork battle, and possibly one too many nightcaps. 

Gabriel:

The warrior is suddenly awakened by intense pain in his side! He sees he's been stabbed! Looking around he sees the barmaid, Almycia, half-naked and clutching a bloody dagger, "Tonight your soul is mine, fool!" A single candle barely illuminates the small room where the woman stands on the floor next to the bed where Gabriel lies wounded! 

Merrick: 

The cleric is roused from his slumber by a shout - and then a woman's raised voice coming from a nearby room!

image.png.db3239427ff5621fd636d3f978279af0.pngBoth surprise and fear were evident on the Northman’s he clutched the bleeding wound as he rolled out of bed and flipped it up in the direction of the crazy bar maid. Blood flowed freely between the fingers that held tight to the dagger wound. Gabriel looks around for his gear and reaches for a weapon to defend himself with. “WHAT IN THE NINE HELLS ARE YOU DOING GIRL!” 

Gabriel reaches for his gear and takes his mace from the pile of gear near where the bed had been moments before. as he walks around the bed the barbarian picks up his shield all the while keeping his eyes on his attacker. As soon as he has his hands on his shield the barbarian lets out a wicked snarl and sets upon his attacker. 

out of character comments:

Gabriel will flip the bed on its side to put something between him and her, 

Right now his Armor class is 7 naked with his Dexterity modifier his AC is 8 with the shield its now 7

He is +2 to hit +3 on damage

Edited by Excior (see edit history)
Name
Saving Throw vs poison 14 or better to savve
1d20 17
Attack the barmaid who attacked him
1d20+2 18
mace damage
1d6+3 5

image.jpeg.804ca98e887eb4296df1832122bc6a22.jpegGabriel takes a bed sheet and ties up his attacker, blood trails after the warrior as he walks about the room finally he uses the remaining bits of cloths from the sheets and binds his wounds. when all is done he puts on his clothing and walks out side. 

"I need a healer, I have been attacked!" 

Merrick, still feeling the edge of his suspicions, was up from the bed and moving to the door, only pausing to grab up his weapon before entering the hall and trying to detect where the scream had come from.

image.jpeg.804ca98e887eb4296df1832122bc6a22.jpegAs soon as Merrick walks into the hall he sees Gabriel standing there holding his side a blood soaked makeshift bandage is visible blood still trickles from the wound. 

"that crazy wench stabbed me in my sleep, she said my soul belonged to her!"

Merrick gave Gabriel a quick look, noting the crude bandage and then into the room he had come out of.

The hairs raised on the back of his neck.  He knew something was off; but a murderous wench was not what he had imagined.

"It best we watch each other tonight.  I have used my prayers for this night; but let me get my pack and I will see if I can clean that wound.", he remarked, turning his attention back to the wounded man.

image.jpeg.804ca98e887eb4296df1832122bc6a22.jpeg" Many thanks Merrick." He looks around and listens for any activity from below. "Do you think the inn keeper is also a threat?"

the barbarian goes back to his room and picks up the girl and puts her over his shoulder and goes back out into the hall. " Get my stuff and lets retreat back to your room and figure out what to do next." 

Skyhaven, early morning

Before sunrise the small town begins to stir as locals wake and begin their day. Dekmal and Jocelyn are greeted by the priest, Lehrem who's just beginning his cleaning of the temple. Gabriel and Merrick have been awake for the several hours since the barmaid's attack trying to decide their next move ---! Hall and Valeros begin to stir, awakening with headaches from last night's drinking ...

Edited by Jedaii (see edit history)

spacer.pngJocelyn of the Dawn

LG Human Paladin, AC: 2, HP: 7/7

Jocelyn woke up before sunrise to help Father Lehrem in his cleaning tasks. But he did not have much time; as soon as Dekmal was ready, the paladin took his leave, thanking the priest for his hospitality. The time had come for the party to resume its journey. 

image.jpeg.804ca98e887eb4296df1832122bc6a22.jpegNot long after they had retreated back to Merrick's room Gabriel had went and picked up the rest of his gear, He intended to ready should she barmaid plan on trying to take his soul once more.  The Northman suggested that they take turns watching until sun up and took the 1st watch sleeping only when it was his turn. 

OOC: not sure how long before sun rise when we had our actions. if the girl wakes up who ever is on watch should wake the other one up ( Is that ok) I did not want to wake the barkeep/ inn owner in case he was apart of the scheme. 

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

dekmal.jpg.a316c876303eb89840fa09378bcc219a.jpg

"Thank you for the shelter of the night, father." the elderly priest is greeted in the early morn.

Dekmal gets himself up and put back together, feeling a whole lot better for a good night's rest.  Still a little beat up, but rested and bruised is a whole lot better than bruised and bone tired.

"Let's check in on the driver and son, see what needs doing to get us back on the trail this morning."

Merrick rubbed his tired eyes, knowing any chance of refreshing his prayers had been lost with the lack of sleep.  The enigma of the murderous barmaid made the spectre of others trying to end their lives prevent sleep.

Moving to an area where he could watch the movements in the inn proper, he wondered if the barkeeper would be surprised to see them alive.

Skyhaven, dawn

Jocelyn and Dekmal:

The adventurers walk across town and notice a few locals out and about. They give the pair long looks but keep their distance. Some of them chatter amongst themselves while occasionally looking at the adventurers. Arriving at the inn, the two men walk to the drover's room and find the door ajar -- looking in they find the room empty with bed covers tossed about! Before they could investigate properly, they see Merrick enter the hall from his room --

Merrick:

As the cleric exits his room cautiously, he sees Dekmal and Jocelyn standing outside the drover's room, peering in the open door --

Hall Thorormsson

hank_3_face.jpgCG, Ulfen Human, Thief [0 XP] | AC 5 HP 3

Hall looks to Val with a horrible headache and a squint in his eyes. The light of the day seems to offer him as much pain as his pounding head does. Turning to his companion he says, "That was terrible wine. Rotten maybe. I didn't even drink that much as I was worried you would need someone to watch your back. Now lets go get some breakfast as I need to eat away this headache."     

OoC: I'll post Val in a bit as I need to build his posting format.

Character Sheet

Hall Thorormsson
CG, Ulfen Human, Thief (+10% XP) [0 XP]

AC 5 HP 3

Abilities:
17 STR +1 hit, +1 dmg
12 INT +3 languages (--,--,--)
09 WIS
16 DEX +1 reaction/att adj, -2 defense adj
10 CON
11 CHA 4 max henchmen

Saving Throws:
13 Paralysis, Poison or Death Magic
12 Petrification or Polymorph
14 Rod, Staff or Wand
15 Breath Weapon
16 Spells

Thief Abilities:
30% Pick Pockets
30% Open Locks
20% Find / Remove Traps
15% Move silently
10% Hide in Shadows
10% Hear Noises
85% Climbs Walls
--% Read Languages

Thieves' Cant
Backstabbing +4 hit from behind (surprised) x2 dmg (level 1-4), x3 (levels 5-8), x4 (levels 9-12), x5 (levels 13-16)

Proficiencies:
Weapon [2] +1/4 levels
Dagger 1d4 sm / 1d3 l
Longsword 1d8 sm / 1d12 l 

Non-Weapon [1]
Painting

Equipment:

Starting Gold 100gp -76gp

Daggers (2) - 4gp
Longsword -15gp
Studded Leather - 15gp
Hat -7sp, Cloak -5sp, Girdle -2gp, Belt -3sp, Belt pouches (2) -30sp, Boots -1gp

Backpack -2gp, Sack -16cp
Wineskin -15sp, Rations (1wk) -3gp
Thieve's Tools -30gp, Tinder Box -1gp

Current Gold 24gp, 8sp, 4 cp

+50gp (for sharing a backstory with another player [guitarist])

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)