The Road to Taggun Hold

Blick

dekmal.jpg.a316c876303eb89840fa09378bcc219a.jpg

Dekmal heads to where he recalls the panel in the floor being, "Does the panel here lead to our way out?" He asks the priest as he goes about opening it as he suspected it would the night before.

spacer.pngJocelyn of the Dawn

LG Human Paladin, AC: 2, HP: 6/7

As he follows Dekmal's lead, the paladin turns to the priest.

"Come with us Father Lerhem." he tells him. "You cannot serve sweet Iomedae if that crowd lynches you today... Come, I beg of you."

Edited by Leonidas1789 (see edit history)

Merrick's eyes followed Dekmal as he pointed out the floor panel. A way indeed; but the words of the old man rang in his mind.

"I do not believe fleeing is our true path. The odd old man mentioned we would have to face dire evil in our path. Whatever awaits us down that hole will likely be the source of whatever curses this place. I believe that is our true path.", he called out but then looked to the priest.

"If you leave this temple, they will defile it at the least; but they are still acting as if we are the evil ones. If you are...disabled, and left here, they may let you live.", he suggested.

The Temple of Iomedae

Everyone:

Kwayele.png.7ae8c5aa70ebfda370d14a19c5346039.png

Vicious pounding begins at the temple's secured doors accompanied by shouts of anger at the party! The residents push and kick at the doors demanding Lerhem let them in! The worried priest looks at the door then at the Jocelyn, "No, no. I am too old to walk the path you must travel now, Sir Jocelyn. Your comrade is right - I will stay here, and with Iomedae's blessing, calm their devilish anger. You must trust our Lady. Now - you all must go!"

Lerhem pushes the pew to the side and stomping the floor three times, a semi-hidden trapdoor opens revealing a small 3-foot x 3-foot square passageway! The tight vertical space is earthen on all side, with a simple dusty wooden ladder descending into darkness! Stepping away, the priest leans on a pew resting, as the pounding and shouting at the doors grows louder ...!

spacer.png

dekmal.jpg.a316c876303eb89840fa09378bcc219a.jpg

Dekmal unhooked the hooded lantern from his pack of gear and goes into the pack for one of the flasks of oil and his flint and steel. "Let me light this up and it should provide suitable light for our descent."

Hall and Valeros

hank_3_face.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/fLaUvHH.pngCG, Ulfen Human, Thief [0 XP] | AC 5 HP 3

NG, Chelaxian Human, Fighter [0 XP] | AC 3 HP 10

Hall and Val just shake their heads as they realize the predicament they are in. "I have a bad feeling about this." Hall tells his companions as Val starts looking for a torch to light.

OoC: Val has a torch as backup to the lantern.

Character Sheet

Hall Thorormsson
CG, Ulfen Human, Thief (+10% XP) [0 XP]

AC 5 HP 3

Abilities:
17 STR +1 hit, +1 dmg
12 INT +3 languages (--,--,--)
09 WIS
16 DEX +1 reaction/att adj, -2 defense adj
10 CON
11 CHA 4 max henchmen

Saving Throws:
13 Paralysis, Poison or Death Magic
12 Petrification or Polymorph
14 Rod, Staff or Wand
15 Breath Weapon
16 Spells

Thief Abilities:
30% Pick Pockets
30% Open Locks
20% Find / Remove Traps
15% Move silently
10% Hide in Shadows
10% Hear Noises
85% Climbs Walls
--% Read Languages

Thieves' Cant
Backstabbing +4 hit from behind (surprised) x2 dmg (level 1-4), x3 (levels 5-8), x4 (levels 9-12), x5 (levels 13-16)

Proficiencies:
Weapon [2] +1/4 levels
Dagger 1d4 sm / 1d3 l
Longsword 1d8 sm / 1d12 l 

Non-Weapon [1]
Painting

Equipment:

Starting Gold 100gp -76gp

Daggers (2) - 4gp
Longsword -15gp
Studded Leather - 15gp
Hat -7sp, Cloak -5sp, Girdle -2gp, Belt -3sp, Belt pouches (2) -30sp, Boots -1gp

Backpack -2gp, Sack -16cp
Wineskin -15sp, Rations (1wk) -3gp
Thieve's Tools -30gp, Tinder Box -1gp

Current Gold 24gp, 8sp, 4 cp

+50gp (for sharing a backstory with another player [guitarist])

Valeros
NG, Chelaxian Human, Fighter (+10% XP) [0 XP]

AC 3 HP 10

Abilities:
17 STR +1 hit, +1 dmg
13 INT +3 languages (--,--,--)
13 WIS
11 DEX
13 CON 85% sys shock, 90% res
10 CHA 4 max henchmen

Saving Throws:
14 Paralysis, Poison or Death Magic
15 Petrification or Polymorph
16 Rod, Staff or Wand
17 Breath Weapon
17 Spells

Proficiencies:
Weapon [2] +1/4 levels
Dagger 1d4 sm / 1d3 l
Bastard sword 1d8 sm / 1d12 l 
Hammer 1d4+1 sm / 1d4 l
Longbow 1d6 sm / 1d6 l 

Non-Weapon [1]
?

Equipment:

Splint Mail armor
Large shield
Bastard sword
Daggers (2)
Hammer
Longbow (12)

Backpack
Wineskin, Rations
Oil, Torches, Rope, Tinderbox,
Boots, Belt, Girdle, Cloak, Hat, Pouches

Edited by rauhric (see edit history)

image.png.db3239427ff5621fd636d3f978279af0.pngGabriel stoops down and takes off his back pack and looks inside, he pulls out a hooded lantern wrapped in wool to protect it from damage, he then produces a flask of oil and fills the lantern. Then uses his flint and steel to light it, once this is done he waits to go down into the tunnels

The Temple of Iomedae

Everyone:

Before he descends down the hole, Lerhem stops Jocelyn and removes a ring from his finger, "Take this. It was a gift from long ago granted to me by a Paladin of Iomedae's highest order of knights. It carries the safeguard of the Lady of Valor and will defend you as it has me" and the priest hands the ring to Jocelyn. He then moves for the door as the enraged townsfolk are nearly knocking it down!

Jocelyn

The ring appeared to be a normal gold ring on the priest's hand, but turned around it displays the golden head of a lion with diamonds for eyes!

spacer.pngJocelyn of the Dawn

LG Human Paladin, AC: 2, HP: 6/7

Jocelyn looked the priest in the eyes, and took his hands in his in the warmest way.

"No, Father Lerhem, I cannot accept; this ring is your best chance of survival... Keep this wondrous gift of our Goddess, and may Iomedae protect you always." he tells him. "I hope our paths cross again."

With that, the paladin followed Dekmal's and Gabriel's lead into the darkness.

Edited by Leonidas1789 (see edit history)