Loot Thread

GM Saint

On 9/14/2023 at 12:27 AM, GM Saint said:

Aerial Shackles:

An ornate pair of golden shackles that are small in size, roughly sized for a human child. However, they carry an interesting enchantment. On your turn you can, as an action, toss these shackles at creature. The shackles will then attempt to magically attach themselves to the target and anchor them to the ground. The target must make a DC 14 strength saving throw. If they succeed, the shackles fall to the ground and can be recovered. If they fail, the shackles attach themselves to wings or arms and drop, forcing the creature out of the sky. The creature loses any Fly speed it has and immediately falls to the ground. It can attempt to free itself on each of its turns by making the same saving throw and by using an action.

Once the shackles have captured someone, they cannot be used again until the next day.

Bracers of Archery:

See the book.

Longbow +1:

It's a longbow... +1!

30 gold

9 silver

Everyone gets 504gold and 3 silver.

Now we have the focus, bracers and long bow.

Someone with weak range like Dray or Ved should take the bow combo. We can sell the bracers if you want but I wouldn't like selling the only magic weapon in the party besides Ved's sword.

And all jokes aside, I would use the focus every single turn in combat.

I'm good with Aaliyah taking the bracer. I'm trying to get a similar but different thing regardless, Souris spends more time wildshaped, Barkvin heals more, and if you're going to do more spells now than melee, then I dont see why not.

I cannot attune to any other item because I already have three attuned, so I'd need to unattune something. If I had to, then first choice is the staff or the bracer of cone of cold, since staff was more of an emergency thing we got... Maybe Barkvin would use it more since his heals are more potent. Bracer is kind of an emergency thing.

Bow is probably either for Ved or Draysus since both can use martial weapons. Or I guess anyone who can also attune the Bracers of Archery. I would recommend selling the Handcuffs, they are very situational and we have other ways to attack at range.

Things I need: A pearl to cast Identify on the Amulet, assuming party wants to know what it does.
Things I need personally: Several material components for spells which are costly, but my share can handle that.
Suggestions: Lets buy a 100 gold diamond for Barkvin because if one of us dies, it would be nice to have a charge of Revivify ready to go.
Other considerations: I think I should get some scrolls to use for later, because things like Featherfall are nice to have but I cant squeeze into my spell list.

I want the shackles... I bet we'll regret not having them. I'll take the bracers if you want to give them too me, I don't have a good ranged option when I run out of wildshape, my dex isn't amazing, but still better than using a sling.

I don't care what happens with the bow and bracers as long as we keep the bow in the group. The shackles could be useful and seem very specific. I don't know if Souris is the best person to carry them since it may be a situation where she has to wildshape back to human to use them or pass them to someone else. I say we just tie them to like Draysus or Niko since we're most likely going to be able to stop everything and use them if we get attacked by a flyer and need to ground it.

4 hours ago, Rumrunner said:

I don't need the shackles, I just don't think they should be sold... I think there's an imp they could be useful for.

This party isn't good at ranged really. Those shackles might see a lot of play.