Loot Thread

GM Saint

Basically we just need to decide whose sheet this stuff goes on.

So Aaliyah is calling the focus

Does anyone want the bow and/or bracers, I'll call one or both for Souris on the off chance she doesn't have wild shape left and becomes in effective. If someone will use them better than that, you're welcome to them, but from what I can tell, that doesn't seem to be the case. As the most notable candidates, Ved and dray, don't seem interested.

Give the shackles to whomever. The point about Souris wildshaping then out of play is very valid, so anyone else should take them.

I'll carry the shackles then because its very on point for a monster hunter!

If Niko has to go to ranged combat and can't get into melee then its not a fight in meant to shine in anyway and thats okay! I have a bow already and the Archery style so I'm not helpless.

Someone lend me 800 gold so I can buy full plate.

1 hour ago, Alliebaby said:

I'll carry the shackles then because its very on point for a monster hunter!

If Niko has to go to ranged combat and can't get into melee then its not a fight in meant to shine in anyway and thats okay! I have a bow already and the Archery style so I'm not helpless.

Someone lend me 800 gold so I can buy full plate.

You're trying to murder my family, you get nothing!

• 2 months later...

Staff of the Soul Binding

Requires Attunement by anyone

-increases AC by +1

-Can cast mage hand or thaumaturgy at will without any components. This mage hand is semi-transparent and requires a DC 15 perception check to see.

-Staff has 5 charges that can be spent for various effects and recovers 1d4 charges per day.

-2 charges: Cast Spirit Guardians

-3 charges: Cast Spirit Shroud

-1 charge: Cast Unseen Servant

-If this staff is attuned by a shapeshifter, all of it's effects can be used while shapeshifted even if that shapeshifting usually disables carried items.

-Any time a charge is spent, there is a 10% chance per charge used, that the wielder is affected by fairy fire for 1 minute.

-Any sentient being killed within 10 feet of the staff has its soul absorbed by it. This creature cannot be resurrected while the staff is attuned.

-There is a 5% chance during every long rest that the rest will fail and the user gains a level of exhaustion. This chance is increased by 1% for every missing charge.

-Staff cannot be more than ten feet from the attuner or it will move their location. Staff can only be unattuned by a remove curse spell. The very next being to touch the staff automatically attunes to it. If they have three items attuned, one will be unattuned randomly.

-If the staff is not attuned to a sentient being, The Soul Harvester will be free to act on the material plane as he sees fit. This can only be prevented by attuning the staff or by binding it to a location, the ritual for such... is unknown currently.

• 3 months later...

Making my life faster and just posting this now.

There is 9,000 gold in the chests in his tent and 10,000 silver pieces (So 10k gold in total)

Ruby worth 50g

Three diamonds worth 25g each

500 gold worth of assorted jewelry (Priced on weight if you just melted it down)

Two scabbards with matching blades in it. A silver long sword and a silver dagger. Non-magical.

A silver rod with a blue bladed head on it

A small onyx statue of a wolf

A black measure of cloth, so dark it seems to almost devour any light touching it, folding in a neat little triangle.

Predictions:
Rod = Spellcaster focus since crescent moon rod
Onyx wolf = Statuette of power (Onyx wolf/dog)
Black Cloth = Blindfold of awesome Portable hole

Lets talk about loot splitting so we dont lose anything.

1500gp 1666 sp each I think goes without saying.
Gems can be sold unless casters need them for material components, I think Barkvin only needs dust unless we're grinding diamonds down.
Jewelry can be sold and split.
Silver sword and dagger - probably keep since we encounter werewolves a lot. Even a stab from someone like me would stop regen.
Magic Missile Wand - anyone but me. All attunement slots taken.
Onyx statue of wolf - sell?
Portable Hole - Give to someone who doesnt have extradimensional storage, just in the off-chance the Astral Port doesnt happen.
@TheGospel @CrimsonKnight16 @Alliebaby @Knave @WolfBirch

Edited by Diofant (see edit history)

Pretty sure only Hyal can use the wand anyway. I don't want any of the magic items so my gold is fine. It's enough to plate me up! Also I agree with Barkvin we should just keep the diamonds. Either they build towards a revivify or they build towards a greater restoration later, something.

16 hours ago, Alliebaby said:

Pretty sure only Hyal can use the wand anyway. I don't want any of the magic items so my gold is fine. It's enough to plate me up! Also I agree with Barkvin we should just keep the diamonds. Either they build towards a revivify or they build towards a greater restoration later, something.

Wands are usable by absolutely anyone unless they specify otherwise. Magic Missiles wand isnt even attunement, much less attunement by spellcaster(of which we have many).

I've put the items on my sheet for now so we dont lose anything.