Mad Ramblings

Well, I won't press you (further) ☺️ Although it ruins the premises of the quiz.

Some more cartoon related facts about XQ: My first anime was Sailor Moon and Cat's Eyes. My love for Tabaxi (catfolk) springs from the He-man episode "The Cat and The Spider".

Toonami on Cartoon Network was my first exposure to what I recognized as anime, despite some rerun toons in the genre like Speed Racer. I got started on Sailor Moon and the ever-present Dragonball Z. I even got my parents to watch with me XD It's weird hearing your mom talk about how mean Piccolo is and ask about Garlic Jr. LOL

LOL How cute! I watched Cartoon Network after school too. I saw the pilot episodes of Johnny Bravo and Powerpuff Girls ('What A Cartoon' it was called. In a way I saw the birth of both shows). Toonami was there as well, but that was when I started to get more serious with homework. My favorite show, however, was Centurions.

Why is it just me and Malk sharing this? Feeling a little exposed here.

Thought to put this question here since it isn't directly adventure OOC, but character. So as part of "Getting Better," one can gain a Skill ... since I had none to start, I'll gain one and I was looking at:

Acrobatics
Years of training made your body nimble.
You can jump farther and higher; falling down a roof or cliff is seldom deadly. Squeezing out of cuffs or iron maidens is no real challenge either. Balancing on a rope? Child’s play. You also earn an absurd amount of silver performing exotic dances.

My question is how this might either synergize with or be redundant with a Pale One's Digitigrade Limbs? There are some other possibilities, but I wanted to ask what you thought about this one.

@Vedast So, I just looked up digitigrade on wikipedia and learned some things, and now have questions about their implications.

Does V. wear foot coverings? Does he walk up on his toes? I now imagine someone pretending to be a raptor--that stance. LOL

As far as your question: They seem a little redundant, but Acrobatics focuses on also being nimble and agile, where Digi. Limbs is all about being flexible. Acrobats function better if they're flexible, so being extra flexible will just be a boon. I'll rule that taking both will cause synergy. You make Agility tests involving acrobatic movements at a +2.

Welcome, Gumby Jr.

Just now, Malkavian Grin said:

@Vedast So, I just looked up digitigrade on wikipedia and learned some things, and now have questions about their implications.

Does V. wear foot coverings? Does he walk up on his toes? I now imagine someone pretending to be a raptor--that stance. LOL

As far as your question: They seem a little redundant, but Acrobatics focuses on also being nimble and agile, where Digi. Limbs is all about being flexible. Acrobats perhaps better if they're flexible. I'll rule that taking both will cause synergy. You make Agility tests involving acrobatic movements at a +2.

I just took digitigrade RAW ... that I was a bit like Gumby and could flatten the body or stretch/squish limbs to some extent e.g. reach something ostensibly out of range or squeeze through bars or through narrow spaces, that sort of thing. I didn't consider being discalced or walking on my toes in a Demogorgon cosplay (hehehe).

So assuming V actually lives (see the Get Better die rolls conundrum on my character thread) I take this to mean that he can couple acrobatic, tumbling maneuvers and mitigating falling damage along with the Gumby-like body morphing?

4 minutes ago, Vedast said:

So assuming V actually lives (see the Get Better die rolls conundrum on my character thread) I take this to mean that he can couple acrobatic, tumbling maneuvers and mitigating falling damage along with the Gumby-like body morphing?

Indeed. It's possible to evade attacks by moving around and doing tumbles and the like too! Then you could test Defend with a bonus. I believe the Skills page says to encourage player creativity with how these are used.

I prefer using those sheets more as a "master" copy. Current HP, Powers, effects, etc. I prefer to keep as a running total (like when I marked who ate and/or drank). I won't stop you if you want to update your sheet all the time, though.

I'll be making bookkeeping posts every now and then just for such a thing. (I'm hoping one of my site requests alleviates this with an editable field at the top of threads)

1 hour ago, Vedast said:

I've set up a more detailed post template on my character thread and edited my last IC post using it. Let me know if there is more (or less) that would be helpful to include.

Thank you! That'll be helpful in keeping track, though my OCD requires me to also keep track. Two points of failure are better than one!