Mad Ramblings

• 2 months later...

Okay everyone, what kind of posting rate can you commit to? It seems some people prefer a slower 1/week rate and others enjoy multiple/week.

I'm trying to figure out if I should do one big group of mixed posting or two groups based on posting preferences. Really seems a bad idea to mix the two, as that leads to game stagnation. In my personal opinion, the more posting, the better chances the game won't die.

I know what my optimistic answer is and what my answer should be in the realm of reality. Work-wise, the first half of the month from the 5th to the 17th is slammed, completely booked up, and I may be able to get in a post every few days. I can maintain at minimum one post a week. During the latter half of the month I have an abundance of free time and can get in multiple posts a week. Either option is fine but one post a week will be consistently easier for me to handle at minimum.

I am usually able to post a few times a week, though I know it can be discouraging for 1/week folks if the more frequent posters "run away" with a scene (for lack of a better phrase). 

Would the separate groups be on the same track? Or potentially do different stories? Just curious 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Would the separate groups be on the same track? Or potentially do different stories? Just curious 🙂 

Likely the same story, just in different "universes" as it were. That way everyone gets to experience the same stuff, just at the rate they are comfortable with.

I'd change things up if the majority of those players, however, all wished to explore something else. But my intention is to run everyone through the Vaults first.

Wow, that was some incredible timing! I was literally just perusing the forum to see where characters are sitting. I need to go through, make one final check, and then add a tag to the threads which are done.

Once we have a good group that's finished, we'll start things up. I would love for that to be this weekend or next week.

I believe @nazgulnine has left us. No login in more than a week, and no return from my messages.

On 5/16/2023 at 2:44 PM, Malkavian Grin said:

Okay everyone, what kind of posting rate can you commit to? It seems some people prefer a slower 1/week rate and others enjoy multiple/week.

To answer the question, 1/day.

If it were 1/week, I wonder whether is would be practicable to have a 1-2 day posting "window" so that activity for the group is more synchronous followed by downtime?  Of course, this might parallel in-person game night scheduling difficulties.  

Okay so at this point we have 4 for a faster game, 2 for a slower game and 1 undecided. Seems like I'll end up doing two separate groups in the same scenario (parallel universe so to speak). 

That is, if people are comfortable doing so? I want to accommodate people that are interested in this weird little system 😉

I could be content with a slower pacing if 1/week doesn't drag into 1/2weeks and a slow death.  And, of course, if the game play style would benefit from a larger party ... we have at least two, if not three characters with 1 hp.  

I recognize that I have much more time for this sort of thing than most folks so I don't wish to impose that ... ferver?! ... and immersion at the risk of splitting up what would be a better sized party.   

Just now, Qstor said:

Is the game full?

We haven't started up yet, so nope! Here's what we've got for the moment. It looks like I'm going to run this in two groups (parallel universes). Please add your preference to what you think you can handle each week.

Posting preferences thus far:

• Multiple posts/week
    • Dixi
    • Fletcher
    • XQbitor
  • Once/week
    • Choomie
    • Couch Potato Rex
    • I think @GaryD20 said once/week (can you confirm?)
  • No word yet