Mad Ramblings

Update for all:

I neglected to add the rules for how food and water is actually used. I've now added them to the mechanics section.

The tldr; is this: you can go 2 days without food or water. After that you are considered starving and will lose d4 HP the next time you rest. Keep in mind you don't have to both eat and drink to avoid this. I highly recommend eating one day and then drinking the next day. This keeps you on a one-day timer for each, and basically means you have twice the supplies to not starve.

That's what comes from playing Tim "The Toolman" Taylor 😆... Damn I'm old...

Life has thrown me a curveball: my daughter's got pinkeye and a bad case of cold in the middle of summer. On top of that it's no wonder why every car dealership in my neighborhood are pushing their cars to treatment in my little shop before my vacay. Because they do that before my vacay 😒

I'll try to do my damndes to get a post up today or tomorrow. After that there'll be radio silence the next three weeks. I'll still be able to respond to the OOC thread, but longer posts is something I'd steer clear off from writing on my phone.

6 minutes ago, XQbitor said:

That's what comes from playing Tim "The Toolman" Taylor 😆... Damn I'm old...

Life has thrown me a curveball: my daughter's got pinkeye and a bad case of cold in the middle of summer. On top of that it's no wonder why every car dealership in my neighborhood are pushing their cars to treatment in my little shop before my vacay. Because they do that before my vacay 😒

I'll try to do my damndes to get a post up today or tomorrow. After that there'll be radio silence the next three weeks. I'll still be able to respond to the OOC thread, but longer posts is something I'd steer clear off from writing on my phone.

If I respond with eyes peeking over a fence, I'll be just as old 😉

I hear you. I hope she gets feeling better and your vacation goes well! Thanks for the heads-up, it's much appreciated. I can put you on a bit of auto-pilot and keep you away from big decisions. And yeah, I hate posting from my phone--even OOC. My kingdom for a keyboard!

Have fun!!

Quiz time: Tell me your earliest memory of seeing a televised series and I'll try to guess your age.

I'll start: Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future. The CGI was suplime at that time 😜

7 hours ago, XQbitor said:

Quiz time: Tell me your earliest memory of seeing a televised series and I'll try to guess your age.

I'll start: Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future. The CGI was suplime at that time 😜

Super Friends. Does a cartoon series count?

If we're talking syndicated stuff adults would watch, how about Quantum Leap, MacGuyver, Night Rider, Growing Pains, Facts of Life, Wonder Years, Family Ties? There's some older stuff I watched too, but those were re-runs, like Andy Griffith.

On 7/6/2023 at 10:59 AM, XQbitor said:

If we are talking cartoons, Fraidy Cat. Although it was primarily reruns.

Hmm, don't know that one. But I was watching Super Friends when it was new. Let's just say I know what Saturday Morning Cartoons are 😉 Have a guess yet? I'm thinking you're pretty much my age, within about 3 years older than me.