Jump to content

Chapter 0: The Dining Hall


hoverfrog

Recommended Posts


SoTLogo600.png

Chapter 0: The Dining Hall

Magaambya

Illustration by Vlada Hladkova: headshot of a dark skinned young woman in a blue robe with her hair tied back with a purple hairbandThe head cook, Lumusi Yao, is in charge of serving the masses of hungry students and professors two meals a day. Lumusi provides a varied and healthy diet to the students and faculty.

You find a long bench in the dining hall to sit, eat, and talk in relative privacy though people come and go all the time. For the most part students are expected to visit the kitchen and ask for food and drink rather than there being any sort of service but sometimes the staff will bring out meals if there is a lot of preparation to make.

Such rules don't apply to the professors though and a few are sitting around a reading while they wait for their meals to be brought out.


OOC Scene Notes

This is a pre-game thread among characters. Jump in and role play as you see fit.

There is no active map. When there is please refer to the active map spoiler below.
Please use directions when moving (N, S, E, SE, W, etc)
We are not in initiative so your movement or actions per post is not limited to round actions.


 

Show Bookkeeping

COMBAT/CONDITIONS TRACKER

INITIATIVE CONDITIONS

 

MECHANICS DESCRIPTIONS

Not in Use!!

 

Default Marching Order

 

CHARACTER STATUS

1 2

 

 

3 4

 

 

5  

 

 

Show Active Map

Map goes here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Jorlin Bellowrock, Gnome Druid


Jorlin2.JPG.5afd876bbc4c3c57be8392876c82661b.JPG

Jorlin takes a tray and loads up a plate of food. He raises the tray to his nose, sniffs, smiles up at Lumusi and says, "Thanks, smells good!"He sees some metal spoons, forks and knives, and reaches out, but then withdraws his hand. Oh, metal, he says. That's OK, I have my own. The little Gnome reaches down in his garments produces a fork and spoon from his pockets, the utensils being made of good quality wood. Moving over to the bench he sits, sets his tray down and begins eating.

 

 

 

 

Background

Jorlin was an assistant to the Zookeeper at his town. He was very good at taking care of the animals and even healing them if injured, drawing on magical powers to assist him. One day, he was approached by a mysterious stranger who made several peculiar inquiries. At first, the stranger’s questions seemed odd: how might forgotten history nevertheless shape the present, whether an insect hive mind could be manipulated at a distance, and so on. The stranger seemed pleased with the responses and said Jorlin would find study at the Magaambya enlightening, announcing that he was sponsoring Jorlin to attend. Jorlin never saw this mysterious person again, but now he is here at the Magaambya, with more questions than answers about his future.

Spells and Feat Actions

Cantrips

Electric Arc      Gouging Claw     Detect Magic     Protect Companion    Dancing Lights     Stabilize

Innate Spell     Guidance   (Wellsping Gnome Heritage)

Innate Spell:    Shield     (Ancestry Feat First World Magic)

Level 1

Heal  

Magic Fang

Focus Spell: Heal Animal


Feat Actions

Battle Medicine

Shield Block

Animal Companion

lizardmount.JPG.f0b7e0ffd26d67f5c3299f737f2f52f9.JPG     Jorlin's Animal Companion is a Monitor Lizard named 'Snappy'. He can be mounted, and his favorite food are insects.

 

Edited by Trelane (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites


KaikaraMagus(1).png.730b3b5a3f97473d414b1e83492122e3.pngKaikara, Demon-tainted Matanji outcast

AC: 18 | HIT POINTS: 21 | CURRENT: 21 | HERO POINTS: 1

FORTITUDE: +6 | REFLEX: +7 | WILL: +5 | PERCEPTION: +7

ACTIVE EFFECTS: None.

CONDITIONS: None.


When Kaikara had entered Nantambu, to petition for acceptance to the Magaambyan Academy, she had been awed by the Song-Wind City.  The city itself was criss-crossed by canals, along which long, flat bottomed boats were poled by ferry men, taking citizens to and fro, while, from nearly every window, hung glass charms and tokens, stained all the colors of the setting sun.  She was used to the Nine Walls the Matanji called home, plain, unadorned, utilitarian design, as compared to the spires, gardens, and fountains which she found herself surrounded by.

Despite the letter she bore, she still did not feel herself, worthy, to be admitted to the fabled Magaambya, for she possessed no specific affinity for either academics or the arcane.  Instead, she had only her service, and commitment to learn to afford herself a place among her fellow students, however, she followed the tenets of Majagua, Mother Jaguar, who taught her followers that community, the defense of, and service to, was a virtue.  Even as she walked the graveled path of the Welcome Walk, she noted the dorimtories and buildings of the Academy crowded by petitioners, much like herself, she presumed, who were their, either sponsored or unsponsored, to gain entry and acceptance as a student.  Intuiting that such petitioners had traveled from across Garund, and perhaps, Golarian itself, she sought out the dining hall, hoping to aid in the preparation of the afternoon meal.  She thought, perhaps, if she showed herself to be useful to the Magaambyan community, even if her petition was refused, she could remain, as servant, to her betters.  It was her third day of providing noon day meals, under the careful instruction of Lumusi Yao, when she noted the newly arrived gnome.  She seemed nervous when the student refused to accept the utensils she had offered him, instead producing his own, she was unsure if she had offended him, or perhaps, his culture in some manner.

"My apologies Master Gnome," she said humbly, her eyes downcast, "I meant no offense, I can," as she reached for the strange Tian inspired reed sticks that some students preferred, before he produced his own.  "I will strive to remember that you prefer wooden utensils in future."

Out of Character

Free Action:

Reaction:


Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png Silas Foljet - Catfolk Thaumaturge Application  Sheet


AC: 17 | HP: 17/17 | Fortitude: +6 | Reflex: +6 | Will: +4Perception: +4


Mealtime is a good time in Silas' opinion, although he would have greatly preferred if there were more than two of them in a day. Perhaps an open buffet, should he wish to nab himself a single bite of food every twenty minutes. Still, someone else made it, and that was a victory in itself. He smiles appreciatively as he receives his meal and slinks over to a nearby bench, taking a seat diagonally across from Jorlin.

"How goes it, Jorlin? What's new in the world of beasts and botanists?" he says with a smile.

 



Mechanics/OOC

OOC:


Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

     
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DESCRIPTION Lilly is a small, slender fleshwarp. She mostly resembles a very young halfling lass except for her face. Her head is shorter that what normally would be expected, without having a lower jaw at all. Her eyes are half again larger than typical for the size of her head. Her nose is extremely flat and much longer than most but joined along the bottom. It works much like the gills of a fish in that it has vertical flaps of skin that resemble slender vents. She has no mouth and her voice comes through the air vents of her "nose" instead.

She favors black and gray clothing colors.

WiP
| APPLICATION | SHEET
spacer.pngLilly and Moz
Female, Neutral Good, Fleshwarp (Created), Witch 1


AC: 17 | HP: 17/17 | S/D/C/I/W/C: +1/+3/+1/+4/-1/+0 | F/R/W: +4/+6/+6 | Move: 25' | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception +4
Trained: Acrobatics +6, Arcana +7, Athletics +2, Intimidation +3, L: Farming +7, L: Herbalism +7, Society+7, Stealth +6, Survival +4, Thievery +6
Untrained: Crafting +4, Deception +0, Diplomacy +0, Medicine +1, Nature +1, Occultism +4, Performance +0, Religion +1

Lilly sat on the tabletop, her legs hanging over the side swinging back and forth with obvious enthusiasm. The small fleshwarp didn't eat or drink, well, couldn't actually, but she could still smell things and she relished that aspect of food, even after almost three decades as what she was. Thus she would always try to get there as quickly as she could and stay as long as possible. The continual wafting of smells drifting through the air somehow still brought back memories of taste to her, despite not actually having that sense any longer.

* Yes, yes, I know... you want some snacks... * She grinned and rubbed Moz's head. He was perched on her shoulder as usual, mostly concealed by her hair but what little of him could be seen stood out, his bright pink contrasting drastically to Lilly's favorite black shift that she wore constantly. His tiny tongue flicked the air, tasting the various flavors of food that drifted about. Sometimes she thought he liked the smells more than she did!


OoC

Summary: ???

Reaction: ??
Action 1: ???
Action 2: ???
Action 3: ???


Offenses (Attack +6):
Dagger (+6; 1d4-1; Agile, Finesse, Thrown 10', Versatile S)
Throwing Knife (+6; 1d4-1; Agile, Finesse, Thrown 20')


Spells (Attack +7, DC 17):
Cantrips

Detect Magic spacer.png (--; --; 30' emanation; --; Registers magic in the area)
Electric Arc spacer.png (--; 1d4+4 electricity; 30'; Ref DC 17; One or two targets)
Mage Hand 
spacer.png (--; --; 30'; --; Targets 1 unattended object of light Bulk or less)
Ray of Frost spacer.png (+7; 1d4+4 cold; 120'; --; Targets 1 creature, does double damage on a critical and inflicts a -10' status penalty to the targets speeds for 1 round)
Shield spacer.png (--; --; --; --; Grants a shield of magical force until the start of your next turn that grants a +1 circumstance bonus to your AC and has Hardness 5)
Level 1
Mage Armor 
spacer.png (--; --; --; --; +1 item bonus to AC,  max Dex mod +5. While wearing mage armor, you use your unarmored proficiency to calculate your AC.)
??? spacer.png (--; --; --; --; --)

 

Edited by Ryfte (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Drahcir- Reflection Psychic


AC: 13 | HP: 16/16 | Fortitude: +5 | Reflex: +3 | Will: +5 Perception: +3


image.jpeg.39cf84c87b8491c4ec3dc48bf1394cb3.jpegAn awkward apparently human takes a long time ordering food, seeming to hem and haw for a long time, before reciving a tray with a little bit of everything, and 3 different beverages. He slides beside the petit fleshwarp but doesn't say anything, and simply begins to sample his meal, reacting to each food as if it was the first time he ever had it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 9ab6d132b9f09ddee59c8f32978c441d.jpg Thandeka Sun-Steel - Human Cleric Application Sheet


AC: 14/16 | HP: 18/18 | Fortitude: +5 | Reflex: +4 | Will: +9 | Perception: +7


Standing in line in the crowded dining hall of Magaambya is another novel experience for young Thandeka. Back home in Bendakarh, she would simply make her own meal after cooking for both her mother and grandmother. No fuss, no bother. It was the way of things. Now here she was waiting to be served… by others! Amazing! Simply amazing.


And just as amazing to her is the wide variety of peoples assembled here under one roof. Certainly, she had met other Zenj tribesmen during her short life and the occasional Bekyar trader, Bonuwat fisherman, and Mauxi pilgrim. Once or twice Mualijae elves traveled through her humble village on their way to some important battles somewhere, she would wager. As a child she had heard stories about the Mbe'ke and the Taralu dwarves to the northern and eastern parts of the Mwangi Expanse. She had even met a Kaava pygmy kech once and lived to tell the tale.


But here in Magaambya there are so many, many other peoples. Far more than she had ever heard of in ancient sagas or could imagine in her wildest dreams. And all behaving just as nicely as you please. Calmly. Orderly. She could get to liking it around here, but she knew that her chances of acceptance were slim. She was just an ordinary girl, but here! Here, she was competing with the best of the best – mages, wizards, sorcerers, witches, druids, and other powerful spellcasters.


Then she paused. No. No, this is no way for a priestess of Sarenrae the Dawnflower to think. No defeatist talk. She would strive and she would overcome her fears. She would do her absolute best to get into this academy because her family and her people believe in her, and so must Thandeke also believe in herself.


Coming up to a table of fellow aspirants, she takes an open seat quietly but confidently. Setting her tray of food down, she offers a brief prayer of thanks to her patron goddess, then introduces herself to the others assembled. “Greetings, gentle beings. My name is Thandeka Sun-Steel, daughter of Ashiki Heart-Strong, and granddaughter of Imara Farsight. And who might you be, my friends, and from where do you come?”

 



Mechanics

Main Hand: Scimitar
Off Hand: Wooden Shield


Action 1: Your action goes here.

Action 2: Your action goes here.

Action 3: Your action goes here.

     
Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

DESCRIPTION Lilly is a small, slender fleshwarp. She mostly resembles a very young halfling lass except for her face. Her head is shorter that what normally would be expected, without having a lower jaw at all. Her eyes are half again larger than typical for the size of her head. Her nose is extremely flat and much longer than most but joined along the bottom. It works much like the gills of a fish in that it has vertical flaps of skin that resemble slender vents. She has no mouth and her voice comes through the air vents of her "nose" instead.

She favors black and gray clothing colors.

WiP
| APPLICATION | SHEET
spacer.pngLilly and Moz
Female, Neutral Good, Fleshwarp (Created), Witch 1


AC: 17 | HP: 17/17 | S/D/C/I/W/C: +1/+3/+1/+4/-1/+0 | F/R/W: +4/+6/+6 | Move: 25' | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception +4
Trained: Acrobatics +6, Arcana +7, Athletics +2, Intimidation +3, L: Farming +7, L: Herbalism +7, Society+7, Stealth +6, Survival +4, Thievery +6
Untrained: Crafting +4, Deception +0, Diplomacy +0, Medicine +1, Nature +1, Occultism +4, Performance +0, Religion +1

It had been less than a week now since she'd been here and it was all fresh and new still, especially the people themselves. The broad variety of students, not to mention the teachers and other faculty members, from different lands, different stations in life, and distinct from one another was incredibly interesting to her. Actually being accepted as a student had been stunning for the small created. She'd set out for the academy immediately and it had taken her nearly a month to reach it. Now, here in the mess hall, it was still quite surreal for her.

"Hello there Thandeka. I'm Lilly." Her voice was unusual, varying from a single tone to quad-toned as she wished, as she spoke as she did. Her unusual physiology did in fact lack a mouth but she still spoke through the vertical flaps of skin that most closely resembled a "nose" to most people. With fine control she could open or close each vent individually or simultaneously. Combined with her multi-channeled air passages and quad-chambered larynx she could literally manage airflow separately through each one, creating a four note tone simultaneously and she used her voice to express herself more than other methods, specifically as she simply lacked the ability to smile, frown, or make any other facial expression typically associated with having a mouth.. She waved to the newcomer at the table. "I'm from a few places really, the world isn't as accepting of my kind so I've had to travel a lot."


OoC

Summary: ???

Reaction: ??
Action 1: ???
Action 2: ???
Action 3: ???


Offenses (Attack +6):
Dagger (+6; 1d4-1; Agile, Finesse, Thrown 10', Versatile S)
Throwing Knife (+6; 1d4-1; Agile, Finesse, Thrown 20')


Spells (Attack +7, DC 17):
Cantrips

Detect Magic spacer.png (--; --; 30' emanation; --; Registers magic in the area)
Electric Arc spacer.png (--; 1d4+4 electricity; 30'; Ref DC 17; One or two targets)
Mage Hand 
spacer.png (--; --; 30'; --; Targets 1 unattended object of light Bulk or less)
Ray of Frost spacer.png (+7; 1d4+4 cold; 120'; --; Targets 1 creature, does double damage on a critical and inflicts a -10' status penalty to the targets speeds for 1 round)
Shield spacer.png (--; --; --; --; Grants a shield of magical force until the start of your next turn that grants a +1 circumstance bonus to your AC and has Hardness 5)
Level 1
Mage Armor 
spacer.png (--; --; --; --; +1 item bonus to AC,  max Dex mod +5. While wearing mage armor, you use your unarmored proficiency to calculate your AC.)
??? spacer.png (--; --; --; --; --)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


KaikaraMagus(1).png.730b3b5a3f97473d414b1e83492122e3.pngKaikara, Demon-tainted Matanji outcast

AC: 18 | HIT POINTS: 21 | CURRENT: 21 | HERO POINTS: 1

FORTITUDE: +6 | REFLEX: +7 | WILL: +5 | PERCEPTION: +7

ACTIVE EFFECTS: None.

CONDITIONS: None.


Master Yao watched her volunteers with the keen eye of a perfectionist, to ensure that their unfamiliarity with the kitchens and their tasks did not disrupt the lunch service meant for the new Magaambyan aspirants.  She noted the tall, lithe Matanji girl staring off towards a gathering table of students, and approached, speaking softly, "Kaikara, is it?"  For her part, Kaikara started, afraid she would be chastised for day-dreaming, and perhaps dismissed from duty.  "Yes, Chef!"  She responded sharply.  Lumusi Yao laughed, "Do you wish to take a break?"  Kaikara shook her head indicating that she did not, for fear of seeming lazy, so Yao continued, "Do you know of the oyster farms in southern Garund?"  Again Kaikara shook her head no, "Oysters are an intriguing species, they live their whole lives, keeping the two halves of their shell closed tight, their muscles straining through the entirety of their whole life."  She watched the long-limbed Matanji as she continued, "Sometimes a piece of sand or grit makes it way in, and, I can only imagine, they feel a disturbing, maybe irritating, otherness, as this sand lodges into their soft bodies, behind their hardened shells."  Kaikara, unsure where the conversation was going, simply nodded.  "Upon their death an oyster relaxes, allowing their shell to open, and the farmers find that otherness, is, in fact, a pearl, a thing of beauty and value."  Yao paused, saw that the volunteer hadn't seen what she had been alluding too.  "Go, speak with your peers, you are the oyster, your innate talents the pearl, relax, show the beauty you have within before you die." 

Kaikara furrowed her brow as she considered Chef Yao's statement, she nodded as Yao began to serve the students who had gathered.  She gathered a tray of delights, and the long-limbed, almost awkward looking orc girl, moved towards the table that now housed a number of the newer arrivals.  "I am --," a hesitant pause as some of her peers turned their attention to her, she was still unsure of her place here.  She was not familiar with the arcane arts, nor able to tap into the primal source, her academic training had been limited, at best, though her grandmother had taught her to read, along with the ability to identify certain flowers, herbs and roots, that were useful in poultices and remedies.  However, despite their view of her twisted ancestry, she was a Matanji born, and capable of defending her peers from harm, much in the manner that her people protected the Mwangi from Angazhan and his brood.  She coughed, and began again, "Hello.  I am Kaikara, daughter of the Matanji.  I, too, hope to earn entrance into this academy.  I bring an offering of food from Chef Yao's kitchens, sweet meats, lemon grass, and, my personal favorite, spicy peanut curry."  She set the platter down at the middle of the table, delicately placing bowls and Tian styled bamboo eating sticks in front of her quests. 

Out of Character

Free Action:

Reaction:


Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jorlin2.JPG.2f651713ef50a362f086832babbd5c35.JPGJorlin Bellowrock - Gnome Druid     Spells

Cantrips

Electric Arc
Gouging Claw
Detect Magic
Dancing Lights
Stabilize
Innate Cantrip: Guidance (Wellsping Gnome Heritage)
Innate Cantrip: Shield (Ancestry Feat First World Magic)

Level 1

Heal
Magic Fang

Focus Spell: Heal Animal

Feat Actions

Battle Medicine
Shield Block


AC: 16(18) | HP: 19/19 | Fortitude: +6 | Reflex: +4 | Will: +9 | Perception: +7


Thanks Kaikara! Jorlin says as he helps himself to some of the newly arrived food on the platter.  You asked me about my wooden utensils earlier. Food tastes better with wood, you know. My utensils are made from Oak, the same wood that is used to make wine barrels. I don't like metal as a general rule, that is. Don't know why it is so popular, actually.

And greetings to everyone, he replies to those that have introduced themselves. Since Silas had asked him about beasts he replies, I used to work at the zoo as the assistant to the head zookeeper. We had all kinds of beasts, you know: reptiles, mammals, beasts that fly, beasts that burrow. Really a lot of different kinds. I took care of many of them myself.

My animal companion is outside. A monitor Lizard. I named him 'Snappy'. He does tend to bite unfortunately, so don't try to pet him. He doesn't really like that. I don't need to feed him much. He likes eating insects. So lately I've been learning a lot about insects. I read a book about em'. Don't know why all of a sudden I seem to have the interest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DESCRIPTION Lilly is a small, slender fleshwarp. She mostly resembles a very young halfling lass except for her face. Her head is shorter that what normally would be expected, without having a lower jaw at all. Her eyes are half again larger than typical for the size of her head. Her nose is extremely flat and much longer than most but joined along the bottom. It works much like the gills of a fish in that it has vertical flaps of skin that resemble slender vents. She has no mouth and her voice comes through the air vents of her "nose" instead.

She favors black and gray clothing colors.

WiP
| APPLICATION | SHEET
spacer.pngLilly and Moz
Female, Neutral Good, Fleshwarp (Created), Witch 1


AC: 17 | HP: 17/17 | S/D/C/I/W/C: +1/+3/+1/+4/-1/+0 | F/R/W: +4/+6/+6 | Move: 25' | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Perception +4
Trained: Acrobatics +6, Arcana +7, Athletics +2, Intimidation +3, L: Farming +7, L: Herbalism +7, Society+7, Stealth +6, Survival +4, Thievery +6
Untrained: Crafting +4, Deception +0, Diplomacy +0, Medicine +1, Nature +1, Occultism +4, Performance +0, Religion +1

"Yes, this is a most amazing opportunity!" She nodded and her eyes "smiled" if you will. For her part certain expressions were readable if one learned what the indicators were. Traveling as much as she had and not being in places that were open minded enough to accept her hadn't presented an opportunity for anyone to learn that. She truly hoped this would be different, here, with others.

The small pinkish-violet gecko suddenly took to the air on six pairs of iridescent dragonfly-like wings as Lilly tossed a small bit of meat up into the air. It snapped the treat from the air before settling on her outstretched hand. From its new spot it eyed all of those around the table.

 "This is Moz. He doesn't bite and if you're gentle he absolutely loves his tummy being rubbed. He's been my only real companion for a long time now. Oh, and he's magical, and quite important to me." She paused, the hesitation clear in her voice. "I've been hoping that here things will be, well, different. At last." Moz flicked her hand with his tongue a few times.

"Yes, yes, I know, you want more." *chuckle* She continued to toss bits of meat into the air for her familiar to catch. It wasn't that Moz needed to eat, he just seemed to love the experience. Sometimes she was jealous of that but it was always a fleeting feeling.


OoC

Summary: ???

Reaction: ??
Action 1: ???
Action 2: ???
Action 3: ???


Offenses (Attack +6):
Dagger (+6; 1d4-1; Agile, Finesse, Thrown 10', Versatile S)
Throwing Knife (+6; 1d4-1; Agile, Finesse, Thrown 20')


Spells (Attack +7, DC 17):
Cantrips

Detect Magic spacer.png (--; --; 30' emanation; --; Registers magic in the area)
Electric Arc spacer.png (--; 1d4+4 electricity; 30'; Ref DC 17; One or two targets)
Mage Hand 
spacer.png (--; --; 30'; --; Targets 1 unattended object of light Bulk or less)
Ray of Frost spacer.png (+7; 1d4+4 cold; 120'; --; Targets 1 creature, does double damage on a critical and inflicts a -10' status penalty to the targets speeds for 1 round)
Shield spacer.png (--; --; --; --; Grants a shield of magical force until the start of your next turn that grants a +1 circumstance bonus to your AC and has Hardness 5)
Level 1
Mage Armor 
spacer.png (--; --; --; --; +1 item bonus to AC,  max Dex mod +5. While wearing mage armor, you use your unarmored proficiency to calculate your AC.)
??? spacer.png (--; --; --; --; --)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

token_1(1).png.31cba044ff16b4faa27e914084e7c65d.pngRadio | Deep Rat Ysolki Inventor [1]


AC15 HP14 / 14 | Speed25ft | Fort+5 Will+6 | Reflex: +5 | Class DC17  

STRScore: -1

Athletics: -1
| DEXScore: +2

Acrobatics: +2
Stealth: +5*
Thievery: +5 *
14 | CONScore: 010 | INTScore: +4

Arcana: +7*
Crafting: +7*
Lore [Engineering]: +7*
Occultism: +7*
Society: +7*
18 
WISScore: +1

Medicine: +4*
Nature: +4*
Religion: +1
Survival: +4*
: 12 | CHAScore: +3

Deception: +3
Diplomacy: +6*
Intimidation: +3
Performance: +3
16 | ConditionsContent... | BuffsContent...

FeatsTinkering Fingers [1][Ancestry]
Specialty Crafting [Background]
Inventor
| FeaturesExplode
Darkvision
Prototype Companion
 | Actions Attacks

Arquebus - Hit: +6 | Damage: 1d8+1 | Range: 150ft
Air Repeater - Hit: +6 | Damage: 1d4 | Range: 30ft
 | Spells | Companionsrobo.pngMAX | Prototype Companion
AC: 16 | HP: 18 | Speed: 25ft | Fort: +5 | Reflex: +6 | Will: +4 | Perception: +4
STRScore: +3

Athletics: +6*
16 | DEXScore: +3

Acrobatics: +6*
Stealth: +3
Thievery: +3
16 | CONScore: +214 | INTScore: -4

Arcana: -4
Crafting: -4
Lore [Engineering]: -4
Occultism: -4
Society: -4
18 
WISScore: +1

Medicine: +4*
Nature: +4*
Religion: +1
Survival: +4*
: 12 | CHAScore: +3

Deception: +3
Diplomacy: +6*
Intimidation: +3
Performance: +3
16

Feats | FeaturesExplode
 | Actions Attacks
Fist - Hit: +6 | Damage: 1d8+3 | Range: 5ft
Spike - Hit: +6 | Damage: 1d6+3 | Range: 5ft
 | LanguagesCommon
Ysoki
Draconic
Gnomish
Aklo
Dwarven


 

Radio hammered the back of MAX with some gusto, swearing in Ysoki -which to outside ears would sound like soft squeaking- as the haphazard machinations movements stuttered just outside of the doors of the mess hall.  He was hungry, which was probably why his work was a little sloppy right now, but he had been hoping that the damned thing would make it.  Tucking his hammer back into his patchwork pouch, he gave the robot a swift kick in the behind and it whistled back into life, the cogs within its dull rounded shell began clicking together and it began moving again, walking forward in its ungainly gait, shifting its weight from one leg to another, its arms held stationary in the air as its torso moved in a cyclical fashion due to the shifting steps.  Good enough.  MAX opened the door and Radio climbed onto his back as they moved toward a table which looked like it had plenty of snacks.  The best part about being a small mouse, was the fact that snacks to everyone else was basically dinner for him!  His nose and tail twitched in excitement at the prospect.  Even if he did not make it very far in the magical school here, he had been exposed to the types of incredible food he never could have imagined back in the underworld below Bloodcove.  

His mechanical ride stomped one last time as he neared the edge of the table, the sudden stop making the Ysoki riding his shoulders slip forward, having to hold on tight in order to prevent himself from being thrown onto the snacks.  He rubbed the back of his head with his free hand, then waved at everyone awkwardly.  His green eyes scanned the table, and realized that in his hunger, he had not even processed the fact that this table had a cat!  The dark-furred presence would be considered with some hesitation, but while he was riding on top of his friend and he was surrounded by all these people, he supposed things would be ok.  The rest that surrounded the table were also curious, and even sitting on top of MAX, he felt quite small.  Well, except the Dwarf, whose top of his head may have held the honor of being the first he had ever seen.   

"Oh!  Hullo everyone!  I smelled food, and, well, I hope no one minds.  I'm Radio"

He paused for a moment, then slapped the top of MAX with his gloved paw, which made a tinny echoing sound.

"This is MAX, don't mind him, it almost sounds like Moz, but he's not so magic I guess"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 9ab6d132b9f09ddee59c8f32978c441d.jpg Thandeka Sun-Steel - Human Cleric Application Sheet


AC: 14/16 | HP: 18/18 | Fortitude: +5 | Reflex: +4 | Will: +9 | Perception: +7


Laughing at the chaotic and enthusiastic responses from the others, Thandeka holds out her hands in front of her as if pleading for some quiet. "Peace, peace, my friends! Please give me a moment!"


Turning to Lilly, she says, "Lilly, I, too have traveled far, far from my home village of Bendakhar. I came by ship thanks to the generosity of my fellow Bendakharans, but I believe that it is a long and treacherous journey by overland route. Still, Bendakahr is a lovely place and you would be most welcome there. And may I say that you have the most fascinating voice that I have ever heard. It is most musical! I love the sound of it -- the range." She then looks at Moz. "Ohhh, and I would love to pet him... but only with your -- and his -- permission, of course. He is a most handsome gecko."


She then turns to Kaikara. "If you are an applicant just like us, gentle Kaikara, then please join us here and dine with us. And please sit by me and teach me how to use those interesting eating sticks that you have there. I do not believe that I have ever seen their like before."


Thandeka then turns towards Jorlin. "Friend Jorlin, I love animals and I would love to meet this 'Skippy' of yours, but only under your expert supervision, of course."


Lastly the priestess turns to the newcomer. "Friend Radio, I do not believe that I ever encountered such an amazing creature such as your 'MAX'. Is it a machine or is it alive? Is it both? Can it understand what we're saying or does it only communicate with you?"


 



Mechanics

Main Hand: Scimitar
Off Hand: Wooden Shield


Action 1: Your action goes here.

Action 2: Your action goes here.

Action 3: Your action goes here.

     
Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png Silas Foljet - Catfolk Thaumaturge Application  Sheet


AC: 17 | HP: 17/17 | Fortitude: +6 | Reflex: +6 | Will: +4Perception: +4


Silas raises his eyebrows at Jorlin's expository effluence.

"Marvelous!" he grins. "Can't say that I have much of a preference myself as to construction materials, I tend to focus on what things do or can be made to do. Swords and scrolls and sticks and stones, all might contain secrets and power."

"Thaumaturgy is a...let's call it a 'results-oriented' field. The methodology is almost entirely anecdotal and is intuited rather than 'properly' trained, which is right up my alley, although the Foljet name requires of me that I attend our prestigious alma mater here and learn the standard curriculum," he continues, rolling his eyes mischievously, which causes them to fall upon MAX and his operator Radio.

"Now just what is that? Silas Foljet, by the way, pleased to make your acquaintance," he says pleasantly to the newcomers as he looks the metal man up and down. He raises (or perhaps lowers) his gaze towards Radio. "It looks like a golem, but it's...mechanical? Clockwork or something of the sort? Fascinating."

 



Mechanics/OOC

OOC:


Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

     
Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...