Chapter 00: Prelude C (Scales of War)

Kamishiro_Rin

Prelude: Scales of War

Introduction

An army carrying the banner of Takhisis, the Dragon Queen marches to war, its ranks filled with monstrous, dragon-like beings that revel in destruction. This Dragon Army now encroaches on Solamnia, where its agents already strike beyond the nation’s borders, and several farms and garrisons have been sacked.

Frantic Farmer

Artanis Brightblade, Merituuli Kaiutin, Meryelle Keryndon, and Modri, your roads have converged and the three of you are clearly headed in the same direction. Whether you’re specifically headed to Vogler is either of your guesses, but at the very least, you all find each other to be fairly good company.

As you travel down the road, you hear quivering scream from around the next corner. “Please, help!” a young man shouts as he rushes around a bend ahead and races toward you. He’s terrified and barely coherent in his frantic pleas for help.

OOC

@PureChance, @PhoenixSlayer, @tbgg and @Peacemonger

This is one of three simultaneous preludes in which your characters will participate at first level. Which one of the three will depend upon their class and background. The prelude occurs after they’ve received the invitation to Ispin’s funeral from Becklin, but before they’ve reached Vogler.

I intend to leave the Pre-Game IC Thread as mostly canon, sans the un-selected characters—we can say they’ve made other arrangements—and how and when you got there. For whatever reason you can come up with, in that thread, your characters just never brought up the events of these preludes. If you wish to bring them up at any point after we come back to present, in town, that’s fine with me.

Edited by Kamishiro_Rin (see edit history)

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 18 (Chainmail, Shield) | HP: 9/9 () | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
Str: 17 (+3) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 13 (+1) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

Precise Strike: 2/2

My words,  | My thoughts,  | My actions . . .

Artanis strolled along the dusty road, chatting genially to his fellow travellers. A gentle breeze was keeping the worst of the ever growing seasonal heat at bay, but he was still warm beneath the heavy chainmail. 'Should have thought to travel more like those two' he thought with a half smile towards the dwarf and elven-looking lady, 'but I suppose my pack would have just been heavier'. He glanced to their fourth companion as he shifted the hessian pack on his shoulders, his back already damp with sweat 'as for him I've no idea if this is uncomfortably warm or cold I've never seen his like before' he mused.

Any further train of thought was interrupted by the scream ahead. Artanis quickly drew his sword, stepping to the front of the group. Before he can advance further they are beset by a desperate man. Artanis catches him with his free hand and speaks with a calm assuredness his rapidly beating heart does not share, "Woah there, what's happening? I'm of the Solamnic Order. We'll aid you if we can." He still gets a shiver of excitement from the title, not giving a second thought to volunteering the travelling companions he barely knows.

OOC

spacer.png                        Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 10/10 (1d8+2) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10, Insight 10, Investigation 14
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 11 (+0) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: Common, Elvish, Solamnic, Kharolian, Draconic

Spell-casting: +5 or DC 13 | 1st 2/2

Feeling physically uncomfortable, Mery wipes the sweat from her forehead, grabbing the waterskin on her belt and tipping its contents down her throat.  For one, her heavy long-sleeved tunic is making her feel overheated in the warmth of the near-equatorial late spring.  And to think I thought it might get chilly at night, she chides herself.  That was a bad call.  I think I'll make my way to the seamstress or whatever passes for one once we get to Vogler and buy something cooler. Then if I can afford it, I'll get a cloak for warmth.  For another, a corner of the chest she'd only just barely managed to fit into her backpack is digging into her back and chafing it, and she shifts the backpack's weight as best she can, squelching a flood of thoughts about how to deal with the problem.  Later, she tells herself firmly.  Deal with it later.  For now, just keep walking.

She finds herself partly envying and partly admiring the easy manner of the young soldier.  She could and sometimes did chat with strangers in that way as well, and probably to some extent would do just that once she got to the inn, but it never felt natural.  And she could never do it for too long at the time, the effort leaving her feeling drained and desperately in need of some quiet time.

She is about to open her mouth to ask the blue-skinned Elf where he was from when the young man's cry reaches them. She is content to the let the young soldier take the lead on this, but she raises an eyebrow when he volunteers her services - she was not of the Solamnic Order, after all!  But, she allows, a little grudgingly, I suppose it is the right thing to do.

"Please take a few deep breaths to calm yourself," she urges the young man in soothing tones.  "We cannot help you if you cannot tell us what is going on."

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)
Name
Persuasion check
1d20+5 19

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Game McHolyGrail IIIModri

Hill Dwarf Outlander Wild Magic Barbarian

AC: 16 (+1Dex + 3Con + 2Shield ) | HP: 18/18 (1d12+3+2+1) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 10
Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con:16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Dwarvish, Elvish

Modri is in a contemplative mood. The death of Ispin, though expected of a human past retirement, still is a sobering thing. Modri's not so old to be entirely used to the short-lived peoples, not even old enough for one human lifetime himself. Still, it is one thing to ponder, and another to be dour, and the Dwarf walks with a kick in his step taking in the sights around. 

He finds he doesn't mind so much others walking nearby. The Sea Elf raises an eyebrow, but only because he finds the blue skin eye-catching. He's polite enough to not stare. 

His thoughts are interrupted by the young man shouting. Rather than a look of concern, his eyes light up and his smile grows. "Aha! Have you got a dangerous beast? Boar? Wolves? Something stranger?" Modri's already pulling out his warhammer and shield looking about, eager for a fight. He's the opposite of Meryelle's calm energy.

As he shifts, dust and dirt fall off his clothes, looking like he'd been in some sort of windstorm a day or so ago.

OOC

-

MerituuliToken.png.53f9774174cd1fbd27a1aa51cf1736c8.png Merituuli Kaiutin

Sea Elf Far Traveler Beast Master Ranger

AC: 18 (Scale Mail, +2 Shield) | HP: 14/14 (1d10+2+2) | Speed: 30 ft., Swim 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 17 (Expertise, Darkvision 60 ft.), Insight 15, Investigation 10
Str: 12 (+1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 17 (+3) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: Common, Elvish, Kenderspeak, Kharolian, Khur

“My words” | ‘My thoughts’  | My actions . . .

Merituuli found himself sweating from the heat as he traveled along the road with his new companions.  He had spent much of his life in Southern Ansalon, and though he was used to sunny days on the beach there was no body of water nearby to absorb most of the heat of the day or to jump into to cool off.  It was a singularly unpleasant feeling... though the breeze did help.

His traveling companions were a different story, each of them intriguing in their own way.  The young human man, Artanis, claimed to be a Knight of Solamnia, and certainly seemed outfitted for the position.  If he was anything like Lady Becklin, he would be a capable warrior, kind-hearted and just.  The young woman, Meryelle, seemed elven, but her ears were a bit more rounded than the Silvanesti he had met during his travels.  Perhaps it was a trait of the Qualinesti?  Still, she appeared intelligent and inquisitive, though a bit quiet.  Finally, the dwarf, Modri... well, Merituuli had only really stopped and spoken at length with one dwarf in his life, and that was Ispin's companion Cudgel.  Modri seemed to be a warrior of some sort as well, though perhaps a bit more brash and wild.  His tattoos in particular caught Merituuli's eyes... did one of them say "Súlon gwanna nîf lín"?

His idle thoughts were swiftly interrupted by the frantic screams of a young man rounding the corner.  He was about to step forward, but it seemed Artanis had already taken action.  He instead mirrored Modri, smiling broadly and readying his heavy crossbow with a bolt.  “Just point us in the direction!”  He gave the long shell strapped to his back a pat, lamenting to himself, Someday I'll figure out what you're hiding... but not today.

OOC

"Súlon gwanna nîf lín" is Sindarin for "Much wind pours from your mouth".  Figured that'd be a fun one for Modri!

Edited by PhoenixSlayer (see edit history)

Once the four of you takes a minute to calm the young man down—aided especially with Mery’s persuasive words and tones—he takes a moment to collect himself and stop hyperventilating. He finally realizes he’s not being chased by anything.

“I’m Rhys,” he introduces himself. “Just moments ago, the soldiers I was with were attacked by black-cloaked figures. I didn’t get a good look at the attackers. I hid in the brush and escaped while the soldiers fought them off.”

He goes on to explain, “I work at a nearby farm and was hired by that group of soldiers to travel with them and care for their horses. I don’t know much about the soldiers. I heard them talk about enemy troops supposedly afoot in the region—Wait! You’re a knight of Solamnia?!” he asks Artanis in awe. Seeing that everyone here was visibly armed, and expressing not only a willingness, but also a desire to help, he says, “I’ll lead the way! I’m so glad I ran into you all! Come on!”

Rhys leads the four of you to where the caravan was attacked, about a half mile down the road. Once they approach the place where he and the soldiers were ambushed, Rhys refuses to go any farther. He tells you all that the soldiers should be just ahead.

Fallen Caravan

spacer.png

A terrifying new enemy infiltrates the shadows of Solamnia!

The ambush site is a few hundred feet ahead. When you arrive:

A wrecked wagon lies toppled, surrounded by armored corpses. Strange figures pick through the remains. From beneath the figures’ dark cloaks jut scaly wings and sharp, reptilian features.

The mysterious raiders wear armor emblazoned with a symbol of some sort.

spacer.png

OOC

The mysterious raiders wear armor emblazoned with the symbol of: ★Click here if you pass a DC 12 Intelligence (Religion) check★Takhisis, which any character can recognize by succeeding on the check.

If you want to remain hidden, roll a Dexterity (Stealth) check against the creatures’ passive Wisdom (Perception) score.

spacer.png                        Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 10/10 (1d8+2) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10, Insight 10, Investigation 14
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 11 (+0) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: Common, Elvish, Solamnic, Kharolian, Draconic

Spell-casting: +5 or DC 13 | 1st 2/2 | Inspiration:  2/3 (1d6)

For the first time since they'd encountered the young man, Rhys, Mery's heart starts to pound.  A bit shocked, she finds herself thinking, This really could get dangerous.  It may be that it's my first time ever being in a combat situation and it may be that I can't begin to do what the other three can, but there are some other things I can do.  

First, she searches her memory for any knowledge about the star on the raiders' armor, but while it seems vaguely familiar, she can't place it.

Next, she attempts to hide.  However, her nerves are such that she very nearly trips, so she simply remains behind the other three while at the same time aiming to keep about a 30-foot distance between herself and the nearest raider. (Action, Movement)

As softly as she can, she looks straight at Artanis, then chants

🎵It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight
Rising up to the challenge of our rivals🎶

Afraid that even this softened chant will draw the attention of the raiders, she cuts the chant short. (Bonus Action)

OOC

@PureChance  Bardic inspiration (1d6) now granted to Artanis.  He's the squishiest of the three warriors!

Name
Religion
1d20+2 9
Stealth
1d20+2 7

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 18 (Chainmail, Shield) | HP: 9/9 () | Speed: 30 ft.
Str: 17 (+3) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 13 (+1) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 16 (+3)

Precise Strike: 2/2 

Artanis listens to the man's story with growing concern. He's pleased to see his companions readying themselves without hesitation too, clearly his judge of their character was good. The farmer's relief at Artanis' membership firms his resolve. To help people like this, like himself, was why he joined the order!

As they follow Rhys down the road, Artanis straps his shield to his arm, and readies himself for battle, whispering a quick prayer to Kiri-Jolith.

As they round the corner Artanis takes in the scene - he hopes some of the soldiers yet live, but it looks grim. What raiders or bandits could these be? He struggles to recognise the symbol emblazoned on their armor. "I'm not even sure they're human..." he thinks to himself.

Finding his courage bolstered by Mery's words he stands tall, and calls out bravely "Who are you? Identify yourselves! What defence do you have for attacking this caravan?

Expecting trouble, he raises his shield and extends his sword as Ispin taught him all those years ago...

OOC

Action: Ready Longsword if someone attacks.

Other: Bardic Inspiration 1/1

Hill Dwarf Outlander Wild Magic Barbarian

Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con:16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 8 (-1)

As they run, Modri's endurance is without question, but his speed is less impressive. "Hold up, hold up, don't get too far ahead you long-limbed showoffs!" At a slightly slower pace he can keep up with the others.

As they arrive at the dire scene, Modri's smile fades, and there's a much more dangerous glint in his eyes. Fighting a beast is a challenge, the hunter and the hunted. This? Oh... I know that symbol. I know exactly what to say...

Modri takes a half step in front of Artanis. "Allow me to assist, good knight.

"Always wanted to ask why anyone would follow a dull simpleton like Takhisis? I mean, not her fault she was dropped on her head every day since she were but ye high! Then again, guess there has to be a god of stupidity too, ain't there? A god of drooling, nose-picking, booger-eating, cross-eyed, gap-toothed dumbassery!" For emphasis Modri spins around and taunts the ambushers by waving his Dwarven rear end at them, before turning around with hammer and shield in hand. Looking to Artanis, he gives a subtle nod as if the knight was in on the taunting as well.

OOC

Flavor added to the start of the post as Modri has a 25' movement speed

Religion check passed

Action to dodge in case there's a ranged attack, no Rage yet since I think they're still out of charge range

Name
Religion check
1d20+0 19

MerituuliToken.png.53f9774174cd1fbd27a1aa51cf1736c8.pngMerituuli Kaiutin

Sea Elf Far Traveler Beast Master Ranger

AC: 18 (Scale Mail, +2 Shield) | HP: 14/14 (1d10+2+2) | Speed: 30 ft., Swim 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 17 (Expertise, Darkvision 60 ft.), Insight 15, Investigation 10
Str: 12 (+1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 17 (+3) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: Common, Elvish, Kenderspeak, Kharolian, Khur

“My words” | ‘My thoughts’  | My actions . . .

Soldiers attacked by black-cloaked figures?  Sounds like a chance to prove myself to my new companions!

Rushing after Rhys, Merituuli takes quick and long strides, eventually overtaking his poor dwarven ally Modri.  Looking back, he playfully taunts, "Come on, you're going to miss the fun at that pace!"

Arriving at the scene, Merituuli scans the area quickly, especially honing in on the wings and reptilian features of the black-cloaked individuals.  His eyes flit to the symbol on their armor, and after a moment memories of lessons on the old gods returned to him.

Takhisis, the Dragon Queen.  Evil as evil can be.  Abbuku, let my bolts fly true!

Deciding to join in on Modri's taunting, he follows up with, "You certainly seem to be made in the image of your Queen.  Never have I seen a more ugly beast, with a face only your twisted goddess would love!"  He grins widely at Modri, pointing his massive crossbow at the nearest winged raider.

OOC

I'll Ready an action to shoot the nearest raider at the first sign of aggression, if allowed.  Otherwise, I think we've antagonized them quite a bit at this point!

AC currently at 16 due to wielding my heavy crossbow!

Behind you, you catch a bit of huffing and puffing. Looking back, 50 feet back you see another dwarf you hadn’t seen earlier. His shoulder length dirty blonde hair and full beard are relatively unkempt compared to most dwarves you might meet. He has a nasty scar down the right side of his face and eyes that sparkle gold. Chain mail peeks out from the layers of his well-mended but stained leather and wool traveling gear. His weapons’ belt hangs a warhammer, handaxe, and dagger. He shoulders a backpack and shield.

The creatures take note of you four—then they follow your gaze back and then notice the fifth arrival.  

spacer.png   Modri yelling at the monsters and mooning them certainly gets their attention. Artanis gets out his sword. Mery sings Artanis an inspiring song. Merituuli readies his crossbow to shoot if they attack the party.

One of the draconic monstrosities is dirty red, and directs two of the green-colored ones towards you. It then directs two of the other similarly-green ones to come with it. The one giving orders and the two others bolt into the forest in three different directions, dashing and disappearing from sight.

The two it directed at you begin dashing towards you, 60 feet at a time. Looks like combat—at least some form of it is inevitable!

Either way, this triggers Merituuli’s crossbow attack! His crossbow bolt flies past one of the draconic abominations!spacer.png

Round I

You can take your turns in any order. The party has initiative, with an average roll of 10.2 10.6 vs the monsters’ average of 9. The monsters appear to be wounded from a fight with the knights they killed. They are 240 feet away from you. Coltan is 50 feet back, behind you.

• Draconic Monster 1HP 11/22 | AC 14 (natural armor) | SV +1, +0, +1, −1, −1, +0
  • Draconic Monster 2HP 11/22 | AC 14 (natural armor) | SV +1, +0, +1, −1, −1, +0
OOC

I use block initiative. I’ll still roll initiative for you but take the average of your rolls vs. the average of the enemies’ rolls. Whoever gets the highest average gets the first block.

You may have noticed Coltan join you! That’s because his prelude is finished and I’d like him to fold into this fight.

★Turns out that Artanis rolled a 3, not a 1 for his Initiative. Thus your average goes from 10.2 to 10.6. I know it seems trival, here, but I am fair, and thank you for pointing it out to me, PureChance.★

spacer.pngMeryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 1 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 10/10 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14
Str:Save: -1
Athletics: -1

Carrying Capacity: 120 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 240 lb.
8 (-1) | Dex:Initiative: +2
Save: +4
Acrobatics: +2
Slight-of-Hand: +2
Stealth: +2
14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +2
Arcana: +4
History: +4
Investigation: +4
Nature: +0
Religion: +0
14 (+2) | Wis:Save: +0
Animal Handling: +0
Insight: +0
Medicine: +0
Perception: +0
Survival: +0
11 (+0) | Cha:Save: +5
Deception: +5
Intimidation: +5
Performance: +5
Persuasion: +5
13 (+1)

Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 2/2

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’  | My actions

When Mery's companions mention Takhisis, her first thought is, Oh, the star symbol - of course!' But an instinct for self-preservation tells her that thinking about what Takhisis might be up to and what agenda these dragonlike humanoids might have is not the thing to do right now. Her hands itch to grab a charcoal and parchment to sketch the creatures, but of course, a lack of charcoal makes sketching impossible.  She then exercises her will to bring her mind back to the present.

Mery will echo the movement of what the others do, but makes it a point to remain behind the young soldier and the blue-skinned Elf.  She wonders idly, Why isn't the tattooed Dwarf keeping up?  Oh yeah, shorter legs! When he tells her not to get too excited just as she's passing him, she replies with a slightly giddy laugh,"I could never top your excitement, Master Dwarf, even with my longer legs!"

Deciding to stoke that excitement, she slows her pace to match his and while looking straight at him sings in loud, rowdy tones:

🎵We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting til the end  🎶
🎵We are the champions, we are the champions
No time for losers 'cause we are the champions....🎶
🎵 Of Krynn. 

She catches a glimpse of a Dwarf she doesn't recognize some 50 feet behind them.  Sure hope he's friendly.'

Once her song is finished, she resumes her normal pace.

OOC

Action: Dash Action

Bonus Action: @Peacemonger Bardic Inspiration for 1d6 now granted to Modri

Movement: 60 (50-55?) feet keeping behind Artanis and Merituuli.  I'm assuming she might lose 5-10 feet from having slowed down to sing to Modri, and that's fine.

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Rapier (martial, finesse). Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target. Hit: 3 (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

None

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

• Cantrips (2/2 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery
  • 1st level (2/2 slots): healing word, hideous laughter

Class Features:

• 3/3 Bardic Inspiration

OOC Other

Song Credit:  Freddie Mercury, with one slight modification by me.  😄

Level 1 Hill Dwarf Outlander Wild Magic Barbarian

Modri's smile diminishes as Meryelle is off. Ack! She'll reach those creatures before me!

"Don't get too excited there!" Modri calls off after the Bard as he takes off running after her. In truth, he likes the excitement, he's just hoping to make it in time as well. 

He turns around. "C'mon brother! A fight's at hand! Ahahahaha!" He gives a quick wave to the other Dwarf behind. Turning around he keeps his eyes peeled, unsure if the other scaled humanoids are fleeing or merely getting into a better position to strike. Either way, the Dwarf readies himself...

OOC

Dash for 50' of movement total

Level 1 Human Knight of Solamnia

AC: 18 (Chainmail, Shield) | HP: 9/9 (5 THP) | Speed: 30 ft.
StrSave: +3
Athletics: +5

Carrying Capacity: 255 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 510 lb.
:
17 (+3) | DexInitiative: +2★
Save: −1
Acrobatics: −1
Slight-of-Hand: −1
Stealth: −1☆
★ Add Cha to Initiative (class feature)
☆ disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Chainmail Armor.
:
 8 (–1) | ConSave: +1: 13 (+1) | IntSave: -1
Arcana: -1
History: -1
Investigation: -1
Nature: -1
Religion: -1
:
 8 (-1) | WisSave: +3
Animal Handling: +3
Insight: +3
Medicine: +1
Perception: +1
Survival: +3
:
12 (+1) | ChaSave: +5
Deception: +3
Intimidation: +5
Performance: +3
Persuasion: +5
:
16 (+3)

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing

Takhisis! Artanis' eyes widen in surprise. The knights of old had fought against her, he had not expected to face that glory this soon into his journey! "No mercy to be had..." he murmurs, as if trying to convince himself. He follows their glance backwards to find the new arrival, 'a friend I hope' he thinks, before looking back to the enemy, just in time to see them scatter into the forest. 'Damnit,' he curses to himself, Ispin had always chided him for taking his eyes of the enemy - he thought he'd grown out of it under Ser Brightblade's tutelage. If he had a mount he could chase them down, but as it is they're as good as lost in the forest. 

He follows his companions forward as Merituuli's bolt flies by, chainmail sliding against itself with a silken whisper, keeping himself front and centre.

OOC

Action: Dash.

Bonus Action: 

Movement: Move 60 ft. towards Draconids.

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d8 + 3) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 8 (1d10 + 3) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [4]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.

Battlefield Presence. When you take the Attack action, in place of making an attack, you can use your Battlefield Presence to grant a friendly creature that can see or hear you an additional attack the next time they take the Attack action during their turn. Any additional attacks granted that are unused at the start of your next turn are lost. A friendly creature can only gain one additional attack from this feature per round from this feature.

Bonus Actions:

—

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 2/2

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (5 THP).

spacer.pngColtan Bluetemper

Level 2 Neidar Folk Hero Forge Cleric

AC: 18 (Chain Mail +2 Shield) | HP: 21/21 (2d8+6+2) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Passive Perception 15, Insight 13, Investigation 12
StrSave: +2

Athletics: +5

Carrying Capacity: 210 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 420 lb.
:
14 (+2) | DexInitiative: −1
Save: −1

Acrobatics: −1
Slight-of-Hand: −1
Stealth: −1☆

☆ Chain mail gives disadvantage
:
8 (–1) | ConSave: +3: 16 (+3) | IntSave: +0

Arcana: +0
History: +0
Investigation: +2
Nature: +0
Religion: +2
:
10 (+0) | WisSave: +5

Animal Handling: +5
Insight: +3
Medicine: +3
Perception: +5
Survival: +5
:
16 (+3) | ChaSave: +2

Deception: +0
Intimidation: +0
Performance: +0
Persuasion: +2
:
10 (+0)

Languages: Speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish

The dwarf continues to huff and puff toward you.  Short legs pounding the ground; boots churning the soil.  He follows the knight, singer, dwarf, and blue-skinned elf who are closing in to fight... monsters.  What are those things?  What is that symbol? 

In preparation for battle, he pulls his new bluish steel warhammer from his weapon's belt.  It's balance perfect. 

OOC

Action: Dash 25 ft, Total 50 ft

Bonus Action:

Movement: Move 25 ft

Reaction:

Use Object: Ready holy warhammer

Actions and Resources

Actions

+1 Holy Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 3 magic, fire damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 3 magic, fire damage.

Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 2 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 2 bludgeoning damage.

Handaxe (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 + 2 slashing damage.

Dagger (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4 + 2 piercing damage.

Spell-casting: +5 or DC 13 | 1st 2/2

Cantrips

1. Sacred Flame (V, S). Spell Attack: Dex DC 13, ranged 60 ft., one target.  Fail: 1d8 radiant damage.
  2. Word of Radiance (V, M). Spell Attack: Con DC 13, ranged 5 ft., each creature of your choice. Fail: 1d6 radiant damage.
  3. Light (V,M).  You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.  If you target an object held or worn by a hostile creature, that creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw to avoid the spell.

1st level spells prepared

1. Bless (V,S,M).  You bless up to three creatures of your choice within 30 ft. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.  Concentration up to 1 minute.
  2. Cure Wounds (V,S).  A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  3. Detect Magic (V,S) Ritual. For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.  The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.  Concentration up to 10 minutes.
  4. Healing Word (V) Bonus.  A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)
Name
Religion DC 12
1d20+2 6