Chapter 00: Prelude C (Scales of War)

Kamishiro_Rin

token1.png.1f361b5b69f15cd7a9ff716bb787caee.pngHunni Collic

Gully Dwarf Mage of High Sorcery Hexblade Warlock

AC: 18 (Scale Mail+2 Shield +2 Dex) | HP: 17/17 (1d8+5+4) | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision, passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 9
StrSave: -1
Athletics: -1
Carrying Capacity: 120 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 240 lb.
:
8 (-1) | DexSave: +2
Acrobatics: +2
Slight-of-Hand: +2
Stealth: +2☆
☆ disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Scale Mail Armor.

Initiative: +2
:
14 (+2) | ConSave: +2: 15 (+2) | IntSave: -1
Arcana: +1
History: +1
Investigation: -1
Nature: +1
Religion: -1
:
8 (-1) | WisSave: +3
Animal Handling: +1
Insight: +1
Medicine: +1
Perception: +1
Survival: +3
:
12 (+1) | ChaSave: +5
Deception: +5
Intimidation: +3
Performance: +3
Persuasion: +3
:
17 (+3)

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Gullytalk, Elven, and Dwarven

Hunni wanders over to the others.  "And my name is Hunni, Order of the Black Robe," she says, copying Decimus's introduction.  "Hey, I know Ipsin too!  He died, though.  I wanted to go to his funeral, but I don't know where it is," she continues, sadly.  "Me and Decimus were going to visit some other Black Robe somewhere, to continue our training."  With a pause, she continues, "I think.  But isn't anyone else worried about these big stone lizard monsters?"

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Actions and Resources

Actions

Eldritch Blast (cantrip). Ranged Spell Attack: + 5 to hit, range 120 ft, one target.
Hit: (1d10+3) force damage.

Infestation (cantrip). Spell: Constitution Save DC 13, range 30 ft, one target.
On failed save: (1d6) poison damage, and target must move 5' in a random direction (d4; 1-North, 2-South, 3-East, 4-West). 

Whip (finesse, reach). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d4 + 3) slashing damage.

Battleaxe (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: (1d8 - 1) slashing damage.
Versatile: (1d10 - 1) slashing damage.

☆ Note:  With Hex Warrior, can set one weapon to use Charisma instead of Strength or Dexterity for to-hit and damage.  Currently whip.

Bonus Actions

Hexblade's Curse.

Starting at 1st level, you gain the ability to place a baleful curse on someone. As a bonus action, choose one creature you can see within 30 feet of you. The target is cursed for 1 minute. The curse ends early if the target dies, you die, or you are incapacitated. Until the curse ends, you gain the following benefits:

• You gain a bonus to damage rolls against the cursed target. The bonus equals your proficiency bonus.
  • Any attack roll you make against the cursed target is a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20 on the d20.
  • If the cursed target dies, you regain hit points equal to your warlock level + your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 hit point).

You can’t use this feature again until you finish a short or long rest.

Grovel, Cower, and Beg (Reskinned Draconic Cry).

As a bonus action, you let out a cry at your enemies within 10 feet of you. Until the start of your next turn, you and your allies have advantage on attack rolls against any of those enemies who could hear you. You can use this trait a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Spellcasting

Spell Slots:  1 / 2

Hunni is a spellcaster.  Her spell slots are at 1st level.  She has 2 spell slots.  Her spellcasting attribute is Charisma.  Spell Save DC 13.  Spell Attack Modifier +5.  She can use an arcane focus as a spellcasting focus.

• Cantrips:  Eldritch Blast, Infestation, Prestidigitation
  • Spells Known:  Armor of Agathys, Wrathful Smite, Hex, Dissonant Whispers, Unseen Servant
  • Invocations:  Devil's Sight, Agonizing Blast

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 2 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 17/17 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14
Str:Save: -1
Athletics: 0

8 (-1) | Dex:Initiative: +3
Save: +4
Acrobatics: +3
Slight-of-Hand: +3
Stealth: +3
14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +2
Arcana: +4
History: +4
Investigation: +4
Nature: +3
Religion: +3
14 (+2) | Wis:Save: +0
Survival: +1
11 (+0) | Cha:Save: +5
Intimidation: +5
Performance: +5
Persuasion: +5
16 (+3)

Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 3/3 | Bardic Inspiration: 0/3

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’  | My actions

"A pleasure to meet you, Coltan" Mery says with a smile to the Dwarven smith, offering a hand for him to shake.  "I'm Mery Keryndon.  I got a glimpse of you behind us early on in the battle and was quite relieved when you chose to aid us.  As to a shovel, I am afraid I did not imagine needing one for this trip when I packed.  However, there is a song I would like to perform for the death rites that would be quite fitting, the Solamnic Death Chant, which is specially meant for fallen knights."  

At Artanis' suggestion of building a cairn or pyre, she adds, "Well, I'm not as strong as a number of you, but I certainly don't mind helping out with that."  She is slender, rather than muscular, and her own hands are neither as callused as Artanis' nor as well-cared for as a lady's would be.  The movement of her hands is graceful and deft, suggesting she is no stranger to using them.

Next she turns to Artanis, holding out a hand to him to shake as well.  "It is nice to meet you, Artanis.  I wanted to thank you for staying near me during the battle.  I am Mery. This was my first time in any kind of real combat, and I don't mind saying I was rather scared, but your presence steadied me.  Plus my armor is rather light.  No telling how easily those lizard creatures could harm me."  Here she pauses to tap her unusual leather armor, which has two large pockets at either hip and what appears to be a firebird embroidered in gold across the chest.  She adds with a hint of pride, "My armor was a gift from Ispin, though, so I wear it without hesitation, especially to his funeral."

She tells Hunni, "Well, it is very nice to meet you, Hunni.  As Artanis suggests, I believe if we stick together, we can both get you to Vogler for Ispin's funeral and defend against those lizard creatures.  I believe they will be less likely to attack a group."  It occurs to her that a large force of them might be a bit bolder and risk it, but she doesn't want to worry the Gully Dwarf unnecessarily. Perhaps the warriors can help keep an eye out as they travel.

OOC

Action:  

Bonus Action: —

Movement: 

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

16 arrows in quiver, 4 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

• Cantrips (2/2 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery
  • 1st level (3/3 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, unseen servant

Class Features:

• 0/3 Bardic Inspiration0

Botting Instructions:  (i.e. What to do if I haven't posted in a while and haven't announced it.  Personally, if I haven't posted in 2 days and something is needed from me, BOT ME!  I hate holding up the action and will roll with whatever you choose to do.)

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word, especially on someone with low HP if Mery is close and the party cleric can't for some reason.  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.
  • Outside of Combat:  She's a support, face, and lore nerd.  Do skill checks!  Persuade, deceive, and intimidate NPCs!  Drop spells that make things easier for the party!  Use tools!  If any male PCs or NPCs are kind to her, have her act like just slightly awkward, like she's not completely 100% used to that.

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, will go here.

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)

MerituuliToken.png.53f9774174cd1fbd27a1aa51cf1736c8.pngMerituuli Kaiutin

Level 2 Sea Elf Far Traveler Beast Master Ranger

AC: 18 (Scale Mail, +2 Shield) | HP: 24/24 (2d10+4+4) | Speed: 30 ft., Swim 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 17 (Expertise, Darkvision 60 ft.), Insight 15, Investigation 10
Str:Save: +3
Athletics: +3

Carrying Capacity: 180 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 360 lb.
12 (+1) | Dex:Initiative: +2
Acrobatics: +2
Sleight of Hand: +2
Stealth: +2☆

☆Disadvantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks from Scale Mail Armor.
 14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +0
Arcana: +0
History: +0
Investigation: +0
Nature: +2
Religion: +0
10 (+0) | Wis:Save: +3
Animal Handling: +5
Insight: +5
Medicine: +3
Perception: +7★
Survival: +5

★Expertise in Perception (Deft Explorer - Canny)
17 (+3) | Cha:Save: -1
Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1
 8 (-1)

Languages: Common, Elvish, Kenderspeak, Kharolian, Khur

“My words” | ‘My thoughts’  | My actions . . .

With introductions in full swing, Merituuli steps forward and waves.  He was already familiar with the three he had been traveling with, but the other three deserved a name, at the least.  "Hello everyone!  My name is Merituuli Kaiutin.  Most people call me 'Meri', but it seems that name is already taken.  I suppose you can call me Tuuli?  Or Kai?  Kai works too..."

He pauses awkwardly for a moment, then says, "I agree that we should travel together if we're all headed to the same place for the same thing.  There could be more of those creatures along the way, and they'll either stay clear of a larger group or we'll be better able to drive off an attack together.  Does anyone know what they were?  The symbol of Takhisis was on their armor, but other than that I've never seen anything like them around the Southern Courrain."

When the discussion turns to what to do with the soldiers, he goes quiet, a slightly confused expression visible on his face.  I don't think I'll ever get used to the rites of the land-walkers.  We send our dead out into the open ocean, to be returned to the currents.  Burial seems... more like a punishment.  Though from my understanding of how they view Abbuku, a pyre does seem more appropriate.

OOC

Action: 

Bonus Action: —

Movement: 

Reaction: —

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Baculite Shell (Shillelagh). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8+3 bludgeoning damage.

Thorn Whip. Melee Spell Attack: +5 to hit, range 30 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 piercing damage.

Heavy Crossbow (heavy, loading, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 100/400 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d10+2 piercing damage.

Dagger (finesse, light, thrown). Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4+2 piercing damage.

Baculite Shell (Quarterstaff) (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6+1 bludgeoning damage.
Versatile damage: 1d8+1 bludgeoning damage.

Net (thrown, special). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, range 5/15 ft., one target.
Hit: A Large or smaller creature hit by a net is restrained until it is freed. A net has no effect on creatures that are formless, or creatures that are Huge or larger. A creature can use its action to make a DC 10 Strength check, freeing itself or another creature within its reach on a success. Dealing 5 slashing damage to the net (AC 10) also frees the creature without harming it, ending the effect and destroying the net.

Other:

Favored Foe. When you hit a creature with an attack roll, you can call on your mystical bond with nature to mark the target as your favored enemy for 1 minute or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell).

The first time on each of your turns that you hit the favored enemy and deal damage to it, including when you mark it, you can increase that damage by 1d4.

You can use this feature to mark a favored enemy a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

This feature’s extra damage increases when you reach certain levels in this class: to 1d6 at 6th level and to 1d8 at 14th level.

Friend of the Sea. You can communicate simple ideas to any Beast with a swimming speed. It can understand your words but you cannot understand it in return.

Ammunition:

18/20 Crossbow Bolts

Class Features:

• 1/2 Favored Foe Marks

spacer.pngColtan Bluetemper

Level 2 Neidar Folk Hero Forge Cleric

AC: 16/18 (Chain Mail +2 Shield) | HP: 21/21 (2d8+6+2) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Passive Perception 15, Insight 13, Investigation 12
StrSave: +2

Athletics: +5

Carrying Capacity: 210 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 420 lb.
:
14 (+2) | DexInitiative: −1
Save: −1

Acrobatics: −1
Slight-of-Hand: −1
Stealth: −1☆

☆ Chain mail gives disadvantage
:
8 (–1) | ConSave: +3: 16 (+3) | IntSave: +0

Arcana: +0
History: +0
Investigation: +2
Nature: +0
Religion: +2
:
10 (+0) | WisSave: +5

Animal Handling: +5
Insight: +3
Medicine: +3
Perception: +5
Survival: +5
:
16 (+3) | ChaSave: +2

Deception: +0
Intimidation: +0
Performance: +0
Persuasion: +2
:
10 (+0)

Languages: Speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish

Coltan frowns and replies to the blue-skinned elf, "Merituuli... uh... Tulli... uh... Kai?  Did you say the monsters wore the symbol of Takhisis, the Dragon Queen of Darkness?"  He remembers that She and Her brethren evil gods were not present in the temple where he received his holy hammer.  He never noticed their absence, because there were so many statues of gods.

"Do you suppose these creatures are Her servants?  Has She returned to Absalon?"  He voice trails off wondering if Her return is why Reorx has returned, too.

OOC

Action: Burying the knights, packing up the armor for travel

Bonus Action:

Movement:

Reaction:

Use Object:

Actions and Resources

Actions

+1 Holy Warhammer (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8 + 3 magic, fire damage.
Versatile damage: 1d10 + 3 magic, fire damage.

Handaxe (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6 + 2 slashing damage.

Dagger (light, thrown). Melee & Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/60 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d4 + 2 piercing damage.

Spell-casting: +5 or DC 13 | 1st 3/3

Cantrips

1. Sacred Flame (V, S). Spell Attack: Dex DC 13, ranged 60 ft., one target.  Fail: 1d8 radiant damage.
  2. Word of Radiance (V, M). Spell Attack: Con DC 13, ranged 5 ft., each creature of your choice. Fail: 1d6 radiant damage.
  3. Light (V,M).  You touch one object that is no larger than 10 feet in any dimension. Until the spell ends, the object sheds bright light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. The light can be colored as you like. Completely covering the object with something opaque blocks the light. The spell ends if you cast it again or dismiss it as an action.  If you target an object held or worn by a hostile creature, that creature must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw to avoid the spell.

1st level spells prepared

1. Bless (V,S,M).  You bless up to three creatures of your choice within 30 ft. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.  Concentration up to 1 minute.
  2. Cure Wounds (V,S).  A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  3. Detect Magic (V,S) Ritual. For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.  The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.  Concentration up to 10 minutes.
  4. Healing Word (V) Bonus.  A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
  5. Guiding Bolt (V,S).  Make a ranged spell attack against the target within 120 feet. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage

Channel Divinity: 1/1 short rest

Turn Undead.  Expend a use of your Channel Divinity as an action to make each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you to make a Wisdom DC 13. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

Harness Divine Power.  As a bonus action, expend a use of your Channel Divinity to regain one expended spell slot, the level of which can be no higher than half your proficiency bonus (rounded up).

Edited by JubalBreakbottle (see edit history)

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Game McHolyGrail IIIModri

Level 1 Hill Dwarf Outlander Wild Magic Barbarian

AC: 16 (+1Dex + 3Con + 2Shield ) | HP: 18/18 (1d12+3+2+1) | Speed: 25 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 11, Investigation 10
Str: 16 (+3) | Dex: 13 (+1) | Con:16 (+3) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 8 (-1)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Dwarvish, Elvish

"Blech. Bleeeeeeeech!" As the others introduce themselves and find a common connection, Modri is off to the side half-retching out the last bits of the orange smoke. Modri's something of a connoisseur of bad tastes, but certain things just aren't meant to be digested by Dwarvish physiology, and this is one of them.

With one last thick spit, Modri shakes it off. "Eh, probably. That's what pains-in-the-arses do. They always seem to come back." Modri steps forwards answering Coltan's question, or at least offering his unique two cents. "Modri if you al didn't catch my name in the fight. Real disappointment, not tooth, claw, or scar to mark this odd occasion, just a bad taste in my mouth. And er... you tell me what's to be done with the fallen, and I'll help. And on our way can tell you all how good ol' Ispin stole a good boar kill from me..." 

For all the bravado and recklessness, the last words are genuine.  

OOC

As a new caravan on its way to Vogler eventually approaches, they find Mery performing a Solomnic Death Chant for the fallen knights and they’re quickly willing to lend a hand and an ear. At first they’re skeptical of your story, but they’ve heard rumors of monsters, too.

“You fought them!?” one boy asks, stars of admiration in his eyes.

The men of the caravan go about helping with piling up a cairn, whilst the women help wash the knights bodies and prepare them for burial.

“’Tis two day’s travel to Vogler from here, by my estimation,” the caravan leader says. “The bodie’s’ll stink to high heaven—might wake up the gods by the smell if we try to take them to Vogler!”

“I agree that bringing the knights’ effects back to Vogler and leaving them with a knight there should suffice,” another caravaner says.

“Can’t say I can pay ya—already contracted with me guards,” the caravan leader says pointing out a few toughs carrying spears, “but yer certainly welcome to travel with us. We’ll be leavin’ those two wagons o’er there an’ their merchants in Vogler, and continuin’ on after the kingfisher festival.”

OOC

I’ve edited a previous post about treasure to better suit your party:

• Rather than 8 days’ worth of rations, you found 14.
  • Rather than 40 gp, you found 70 gp.

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 2 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 17/17 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14
Str:Save: -1
Athletics: 0

8 (-1) | Dex:Initiative: +3
Acrobatics: +3
Slight-of-Hand: +3
Stealth: +3
14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +2
Arcana: +4
History: +4
Investigation: +4
Nature: +3
Religion: +3
14 (+2) | Wis:Save: +0
Survival: +1
11 (+0) | Cha:Save: +5
Intimidation: +5
Performance: +5
Persuasion: +5
16 (+3)

Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 3/3 | Bardic Inspiration: 0/3

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’  | My actions

Before the caravan arrives

When Merituuli suggests calling him Tuuli or Kai, Mery says, "I thank you for the courtesy.  I fear things would get rather confusing if we were both called by the same thing.  I feel I should warn you that there is a saying among us...errr...land-dwellers...called 'out in the tulies', which basically means out in the middle of nowhere. It is a place one commonly admits to becoming lost in when one loses their way. Saying a person is from the tulies, however, is derogatory, suggesting they don't know the right way to act.  And if we call you Tuuli, then I have no doubt you will get called 'Tuuli from the tulies.'  While I doubt anyone in this group would call you that, there are those who might on the basis of your appearance alone.  Therefore, to avoid any potential insult, I am going to call you Kai - a strong name for a brave warrior."  She gives him a winning smile.

When Coltan asks whether Takhisis has returned, she says, "There's something I think I should tell you all.  Those creatures spoke Draconic, the language of dragons, and presumably an important language to the Dragon Queen, maybe even the most important one.  I chose not to give away the fact that I could understand them in the hope that they might give something away about their plans, but about all they were interested in was insulting us and each other."

After the caravan arrives

Once the caravan arrives, Mery immediately elects to join the women, employing generous use of her Prestidigitation cantrip to help remove the blood from the bodies and otherwise clean them for burial.  She imagines herself one of their loved ones and shows as much care to the task as she can for their sake, given that she does not know any of the dead knights personally.

She tells the caravaner who mentioned not being able to pay them, "Most of us here have only just met within the last day or so.  While I cannot speak for the others in my group, I certainly do not mind not being paid, and I am happy to travel with you.  I'd be happy to augment your guards as well if we should encounter more of the creatures, assuming your guards would not take such aid as horning in on their turf."

OOC

Action:  

Bonus Action: —

Movement: 

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

16 arrows in quiver, 4 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

• Cantrips (2/2 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery
  • 1st level (3/3 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, unseen servant

Class Features:

• 0/3 Bardic Inspiration0

Botting Instructions:  (i.e. What to do if I haven't posted in a while and haven't announced it.  Personally, if I haven't posted in 2 days and something is needed from me, BOT ME!  I hate holding up the action and will roll with whatever you choose to do.)

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word, especially on someone with low HP if Mery is close and the party cleric can't for some reason.  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.
  • Outside of Combat:  She's a support, face, and lore nerd.  Do skill checks!  Persuade, deceive, and intimidate NPCs!  Drop spells that make things easier for the party!  Use tools!  If any male PCs or NPCs are kind to her, have her act like just slightly awkward, like she's not completely 100% used to that.

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, will go here.

Edited by tbgg (see edit history)