Closed Game  ·  7 members  ·  Game Expectations

Reign of Winter

The Snows of Summer

Inash

image.jpeg.8f5a72ecb6a0dce098db729e8a84b5dd.jpeg

Statblock

Rasan Rodrost

Female CG Gnome Rogue (unchained) (counterfeit mage), Level 1, Init 3, HP 9/9, Speed 20
AC: 18, Touch 15, Flat-footed 14, CMD 14, Fort 1, Ref 6, Will 1, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 1   
MC Rapier: +6 (1d4, 18-20/x2)
cold iron, silvered dagger +5 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
Sling (10) +5 (1d3, x2)
MC Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 12
Condition: None 

"I'm sure the noble woman will be appropriately grateful," Rasan said, "or else her father or husband will. I'm currently okay with my gear, but when I get back some replacement stuff can be useful. Do you have some healing potions, or potions to let us walk through the cold without any problem?"

OOC

none

Kainenormstart-Token.png.7dac6e70372449e43249e73217cb3af6.pngKaine gets up early and spends an excessive amount of time getting prepped for his first real adventure. Triple-check his backpack and supplies. Years of training and daydreaming have led to this morning. He writes all the rumors and descriptions of his new companions in his journal and prepares a report to the Knight-Captain. Kaine will have to be sent back to the lodge. Should something terrible befall the party, someone needs to be aware of the oddities and possible threats growing in the wood.

He makes it to the muster location and greets the others and the Councilor. "Councilor, we heard of the disappearance of Lady Malassene. Are there any other concerning reports to gossip about the strange events occurring in the Wood?"

Actions

OOC

Stat Block

Kaine the Imbiber, male CG Human Paladin (Virtuous Bravo,) 

Level 1, Init 5, HP 11/11, Speed  
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, CMD 14, Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 2, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Rapier (--)  +4 (1d6+3, 18-20)
hand axe  +3 (1d6, 20 x3)
Lamellar (leather) armor,   Buckler (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 11, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16
Condition None 

Dannok the Cold - Half-Orc BloodragerDannok the Cold

HP: 12/12 | AC: 15 (11 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | Fort: +5, Ref: +1, Will: +1
Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +1 | Speed 30ft | Bloodrage: 7/7 | Active conditions: None.

Dannok gets up with the first lights of morning, and after some brief stretchings and a quick check to his gear leaves his room and heads to the bar, looking for a decent breakfast. When the others are ready he follows them to the town hall and listens to what his new employer says; he doesn't like too much the idea of "hard work for low pay and maybe a good bonus", but at this point he just wants to get a little sum to move elsewhere. During the meeting he stays silent, always behind the gnome Rasan, since she's the one who he's more familiar with.

Stat Block

[URL=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2777826][B][SIZE=+1]Dannok the Cold[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Male Chaotic Neutral Half-orc Bloodrager, [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 2, [B]HP[/B] 12/12, [B]Speed[/B] 30 ft. [B]AC[/B] 15, [B]Touch[/B] 11, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 14, [B]CMD[/b] 16, [B]Fort[/B] 5, [B]Ref[/B] 1, [B]Will[/B] 1, [B]CMB[/B] +5, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 1, [B]Action Points[/B] 0 [B]— greataxe (—) [/B] +5 (1d12+6, x3) [B]— greataxe (power attack) (—) [/B] +4 (1d12+9, x3) [B]— claws x2 (—) [/B] +5 (1d6+4, x2) [B]— hide armor[/B] (+4 Armor, +1 Dex) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 13 [B]Condition[/B] None
Dannok the Cold
Male Chaotic Neutral Half-orc Bloodrager, Level 1, Init 2, HP 12/12, Speed 30 ft.
AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-footed 14, CMD 16, Fort 5, Ref 1, Will 1, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 1, Action Points 0
— greataxe (—) +5 (1d12+6, x3)
— greataxe (power attack) (—) +4 (1d12+9, x3)
— claws x2 (—) +5 (1d6+4, x2)
— hide armor (+4 Armor, +1 Dex)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 12, Cha 13
Condition None

Skills

Mór-Ríoghain

spacer.png "I want a dagger!" Mór-Ríoghain announces. "I have never had a dagger before! And there is probably other equipment that could also be useful. Far more useful than silly coins," they say, snorting derisively.

OOC: I rolled awfully for starting wealth, so getting basic items actually works really well for me

Statblock

Gathlain Kineticist 1 CG
Init +3; Senses Perception +7

Defence

AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (Armour +2, Dex +3 )
HP 12 / 12
Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +2

Offense

Speed 20ft (30ft fly, clumsy).
Melee Club +1 (1d4; 20/×2)
Ranged Touch Fire Blast +4 (1d6+2; 20/×2) (30ft)
Special Attacks None

Statistics

Str 10, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 9
BAB +0; CMB -1; CMD 12

Riina Volso

spacer.png

Plagued by a fitful sleep full of dreams both nightmarish and alarming, Riina is present for the meeting, but looks a little vacant. "I'm sure we can find a beneficial arrangement." She says with a tired smile, agreeing with the gnome. "Not that we should help merely for the sake of a reward." She adds. "We're a community, and communities help one another." She looks at her siblings and the other gathered parties. "Hopefully that's enough."

spacer.png Statistics Block

Riina
Female human oracle 1 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide 42)
NG Medium humanoid (human)
Init +2; Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +0

Defense

AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex)
hp 11 (1d8+3)
Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2; +2 trait bonus vs. [emotion], [fear], or [pain] spells
Defensive Abilities uncanny dodge

Offense

Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
Ranged light crossbow +2 (1d8/19-20)
Oracle Spells Known (CL 1st; concentration +7)
   1st (4/day)—bless, cure light wounds, summon monster I
   0 (at will)—detect magic, guidance, light, resistance
   Mystery Shadow

Statistics

Str 10, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 18
Base Atk +0; CMB +2; CMD 12
Feats Agile Maneuvers, Augment Summoning, Extra RevelationAPG
Traits adaptive magic, darkest before dawn, desperate focus
Skills Acrobatics -1 (-5 to jump), Bluff +8, Diplomacy +8, Knowledge (history) +4, Knowledge (planes) +4, Linguistics +1, Spellcraft +4, Use Magic Device +9
Languages Common, Hallit
SQ finesse weapon attack attribute, oracle's curse (powerless prophecy), revelations (army of darkness, pierce the shadows), umbral unmasking
Other Gear hide armor, light crossbow, 40 gp

Special Abilities

Agile Maneuvers Use DEX instead of STR for CMB
Army of Darkness (Su) Summon creatures with shadow creature template.
Augment Summoning Summoned creatures have +4 to Strength and Constitution.
Darkvision (120 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Finesse Weapon Attack Attribute Finesse weapons use on attack rolls.
Pierce the Shadows (Su) Gain/increase darkvision or see in darkness.
Powerless Prophecy Gain uncanny dodge, but cannot act during surprise round.
Umbral Unmasking You cast no shadow (DC 15 Perception to notice)
Uncanny Dodge (Ex) Retain DEX bonus to AC when flat-footed.

spacer.png Actions

The councilor raises an eyebrow at the excited flower person's request. She nods.

spacer.png"I think we can find a dagger for you. As for your other questions. We don't have any potions on hand, but we should be able to find clothing suitable for the cold." She looks over at Kaine "I'm sure you got most of the stories and gossip last night at your parents tavern. I don't have anything to add to that.

OOC: you get cold weather clothing, and you get cold weather clothing, everyone gets cold weather clothing if they didn't already have it.

Edited by Inash (see edit history)

Kainenormstart-Token.png.7dac6e70372449e43249e73217cb3af6.png"Thank you for the warm clothing," Kaine tells the counselor." Kaine removes a folded piece of parchment with a wax seal. "I need to send this to my Venture-Captain, Make sure news of the local oddities get to those whom could help or get help should we.... fail."

Once his letter is in the hands of a messenger Kaine is ready and eager to get going.

Actions

OOC

Stat Block

AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, CMD 14, Fort 3, Ref 3, Will 2, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Condition None 

Statblock

Rasan Rodrost

Female CG Gnome Rogue (unchained) (counterfeit mage), Level 1, Init 3, HP 9/9, Speed 20
AC: 18, Touch 15, Flat-footed 14, CMD 14, Fort 1, Ref 6, Will 1, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Sling (10) +5 (1d3, x2)

"Next to cold weather gear, we will also need rations," Rasan said, "warm and hungry is still hungry. I'm sure that such can be arranged as well."

OOC

none

Willow Wanderfar

spacer.pngWillow accepted the change in clothes, though she did not seem overly concerned about the colder weather. Standing in the councilor's office, she is holding an arctic hare who's black eyes contrast it's pure white fur; and she pets it while listening to the conversation.

"Is there any further information you can give us before we depart to find everything you and we do not know?"

spacer.png Statistics Block

[URL=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2764685][B][SIZE=+1]Willow Wanderfar[/SIZE][/B][/URL] Female CG Changeling (Snow May) Witch, [B]Level[/B] 1, [B]Init[/B] 11, [B]HP[/B] 7/7, [B]Speed[/B] 30 [B]AC[/B] 14, [B]Touch[/B] 13, [B]Flat-footed[/B] 11, [B]CMD[/b] 11, [B]Fort[/B] 1, [B]Ref[/B] 3, [B]Will[/B] 0, [B]CMB[/B] -2, [B]Base Attack Bonus[/B] 0 [B] Claws [/B] +3 (1d4-2, x2) [B] Ray of Frost [/B] +3 (1d3, x2) [B] Mage Armor[/B], [B] Shield[/B] (+3 Dex, +1 Deflect) [B]Abilities[/B] Str 7, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 20, Wis 7, Cha 9 [B]Condition[/B] None
Willow Wanderfar
Female CG Changeling (Snow May) Witch, Level 1, Init 11, HP 7/7, Speed 30
AC 14, Touch 13, Flat-footed 11, CMD 11, Fort 1, Ref 3, Will 0, CMB -2, Base Attack Bonus 0
Claws +3 (1d4-2, x2)
Ray of Frost +3 (1d3, x2)
Mage Armor , Shield (+3 Dex, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 7, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 20, Wis 7, Cha 9
Condition None

spacer.png Actions

Edited by Wiz (see edit history)

AMWts8BDLdfeY7bGLk5_iHbAVT93X_4oJYd3my9r1_HyDz5w70u0Fg-6fu8e3fFUz1F1_-Srn20rxdtMad6PF-6cgS56WOVMlcVp7ESWv_jJlubGq5KcH833QWW7H9YiITglXKvZGVWQ-yXgqHfNK3T8_SjT=w256-h256-s-no?authuser=0 Keanu Laeva

spacer.png

"I'm equally curious Willow." Keanu nodded to his sister before turning his attention back to the councillor. "Hearsay is one thing, but we are talking about the life of a noblewoman, and possibly the ongoing safety of our townspeople."

"Do we have any indication at least where the lady was going, or where she was ambushed?" He tried to word it in a way so that he didn't seem demanding, "It would be helpful to have a general direction as to where to begin our search."

spacer.png Statistics Block

[b][url=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2764706][color="LightSlateGray"]Keanu Laeva[/color][/url][/b] [i]Half-Elf Ranger [Witchguard] 1 LG[/i] [b]Init[/b] +4; [b]Senses[/b] Perception +10 [hr][/hr][highlight]Defense[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]AC[/b] 17, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (Armour +3, Dex +4) [b]HP[/b] 12 / 12 [b]Fort[/b] +3, [b]Ref[/b] +6, [b]Will[/b] +1 [hr][/hr][highlight]Offense[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]Speed[/b] 30 ft. [b]Melee[/b] Kukri +5 (1d4+2; 18-20/×2) Spiked Gauntlet +5 (1d4+2; ×2) [b]Ranged[/b] Masterwork Composite Longbow +7 (1d8+0; ×3) [b]Special Attacks[/b] None [hr][/hr][highlight]Statistics[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]Str[/b] 14, [b]Dex[/b] 18, [b]Con[/b] 12, [b]Int[/b] 10, [b]Wis[/b] 13, [b]Cha[/b] 10 [b]BAB[/b] +1; [b]CMB[/b] +3; [b]CMD[/b] 17 [b]Traits[/b] Deadeye bowman, Well-provisioned adventurer (Planar traveler package), Warded against witchery, Attached [b]Feats[/b] Skill focus (Perception), Weapon focus (Bows) [b]Skills[/b] Craft (Bows) +4, Heal +5, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Local) +1, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +10, Stealth +8, Survival +5 [b]Languages[/b] Common, Elven [b]SQ[/b] Favoured enemy (Human +2), Track +1, Wild empathy +1 [hr][/hr][b]Conditions[/b] None
Keanu Laeva
Half-Elf Ranger [Witchguard] 1 LG
Init +4; Senses Perception +10
Defense
AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (Armour +3, Dex +4)
HP 12 / 12
Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +1
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Kukri +5 (1d4+2; 18-20/×2)
Spiked Gauntlet +5 (1d4+2; ×2)
Ranged Masterwork Composite Longbow +7 (1d8+0; ×3)
Special Attacks None
Statistics
Str 14, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 10
BAB +1; CMB +3; CMD 17
Traits Deadeye bowman, Well-provisioned adventurer (Planar traveler package), Warded against witchery, Attached
Feats Skill focus (Perception), Weapon focus (Bows)
Skills Craft (Bows) +4, Heal +5, Knowledge (Geography) +4, Knowledge (Local) +1, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Perception +10, Stealth +8, Survival +5
Languages Common, Elven
SQ Favoured enemy (Human +2), Track +1, Wild empathy +1
Conditions None

spacer.png Actions

Mór-Ríoghain

spacer.png "Didn’t the woman’s bodyguard make it to town? We can always quiz it on where we could find the rich woman. Though I doubt it’ll be of much use, since it clearly did a poor job of guarding the body it was charged with." Mór-Ríoghain says.

OOC:

Statblock

Gathlain Kineticist 1 CG
Init +3; Senses Perception +7

Defence

AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (Armour +2, Dex +3 )
HP 12 / 12
Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +2

Offense

Speed 20ft (30ft fly, clumsy).
Melee Club +1 (1d4; 20/×2)
Ranged Touch Fire Blast +4 (1d6+2; 20/×2) (30ft)
Special Attacks None

Statistics

Str 10, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 9
BAB +0; CMB -1; CMD 12

Teppin opens her mouth and pauses as Mor-Rioghain chimes in.

spacer.png"I was about to suggest the same thing, though without disparaging the poor man's skills. The bandits did a number on them. Come with me.

She leads you to a side room, where a large, clearly injured and frostbitten Ulfen man is resting. "Yuln, these people are going to search for Lady Argentea and would like to ask you about what happened." The man nods and looks at you all, waiting for the questions.spacer.png

Statblock

Rasan Rodrost

Sling (10) +5 (1d3, x2)

"I guess it's mostly the regular questions," Rasan said, "How many bandits? How where they armed? Where exactly did it take place? Any special things that you noticed?"

OOC

none

Kainenormstart-Token.png.7dac6e70372449e43249e73217cb3af6.png"Can you tell us about your Lady; what does she look like, how old, what was she wearing? Adding to the questions about the bandits. "Were there any magic, maybe spells used in the ambush?

Actions

OOC

Stat Block

Condition None 

"Would that I could go with you,” he says. “My ancestors would ridicule my lack of valor for fleeing rather than fighting to the end. But I faced enemies that even the greatest warriors in the Linnorm Kingdoms have faltered against, though I think I slew at least one of them before they dragged Lady Argentea away.

“We were about 6 miles out and heading toward Heldren. We were attacked at the top of the arch where the road bends around the gilded vale and is at it's closest to the border woods. We thought they were just bandits at first—outlaws who hide like wolves in the forest. They were no match for us. But then came the cold fey of the north. They appeared among us and the battle turned
quickly. My people speak of the winter-touched all the time, but I never expected to meet them this far south.”

“Winter Touched - Fey creatures who have sworn themselves to the White Witches of Irrisen, those who stole our lands from us during the Winter War. Tiny sprites no taller than the length of a man’s forearm. But don’t be fooled by their small stature. Legends say they have taken a sliver of ice into their hearts, and their touch bears the harsh bite of winter. ” He reaches as if to scratch his frostbitten nose with his frostbitten fingers, then stops before doing so.

"Lady Argentea is fairly young, early twenties at most. They took her into the forest, back through the ice and snow. Beyond that, I don’t know. I followed as far as I could, but the winter-touched were
too many and too hard to fend off in the snow alone. I barely escaped, and rode to seek help here. I don’t know why they took her. But if one of the White Witches took her, no good shall come of it. The winter-touched do nothing without the leave of those who placed the ice in their hearts. If they’re here, it’s because a White Witch sent them. And much worse will follow.”